Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
At least we have good weather to put our gear to use
Who needs nice weather with a Pentax?

02-27-2016, 07:28 AM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wkraus Quote
For dramatics storms sure. For other kind of bad weather, not so sure that to get the camera out :P
02-27-2016, 08:10 AM   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by wkraus Quote
I do. The camera might be fine, but I don't like getting soaked wet
02-27-2016, 08:30 AM   #34
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
For dramatics storms sure. For other kind of bad weather, not so sure that to get the camera out :P
An advice : get any copy of the excellent "Outdoor Photography" paper, and you might change quickly your opinion...

---------- Post added 27-02-16 at 08:31 ----------

Hi all, i propose that we use this thread to collect and share any infos re. "K-1 roadmaps" or "roadshows" in your different countries.
Maybe/hopefully not only the british have a plan

02-27-2016, 01:56 PM   #35
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
I do. The camera might be fine, but I don't like getting soaked wet
There is a difference between what you plan for and what happens. My first Pentax, an ME SE, was essentially ruined when it got damp at Niagara Falls; that was 35 years ago, but I remain very cautious about exposing my camera to dampness. This past November, I saw a nice snowy scene about a mile from our house as my wife and I drove home. When we got home, I grabbed my K-30 and headed back out on foot. A few minutes later,heavy snow resumed, and since the temperature was just below freezing, the snow started melting as it hit my K-30. If this had been any other camera I've owned in the past 35 years, I would have stuck it under my coat and hurried back home; instead, I said to myself, "this camera system is WR", and kept on going. That assurance is as much of a benefit of WR as is the knowledge that I could take pictures in a downpour if I were willing to subject myself to it.