Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 25 Likes Search this Thread
02-19-2016, 10:51 AM   #76
Pentaxian

The shreaky AF of the FA limiteds is not the only thing that requires an update. If you want to keep them, go buy them now, before they are gone.

A lot of people assume that more Tamron glass will be branded as Pentax - I would like to see some decent Pentax glass announced with the K1.

K1 has lost the small form factor of the K7/5/3 - it is not significsnt smaller than a 6D or D750 - the same will happen to the lenses - zooms became huge already. The specs of the announced 70-200 are much bigger than from competitors. For me it is not yet clear where Pentax is headed. That said, Tamron is the only lens maker at the moment that offer decent fixed focal length lenses with normal specs and great quality - something Pentax used to be know for more or less.

02-19-2016, 10:58 AM - 1 Like   #77
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by zapp Quote
The shreaky AF of the FA limiteds is not the only thing that requires an update.
ohh yes drunk teenage girls with questionable morals and little babies feel upstaged by the FA limited AF shriek...

Last edited by Digitalis; 02-19-2016 at 11:03 AM.
02-19-2016, 11:00 AM   #78
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Simen1 Quote
Kensop said we could expect new primes with the K-1 announcement. Apparently the primes didn't come the same day, so maybe Tamron is controlling the date (22.02.2016) since they are much the same as Tamron versions for other brands.
I said it wouldn't surprise me I really dont know more then that it will come new primes.
02-19-2016, 11:50 AM   #79
Veteran Member

1- What kind of monster sets lenses mount-side down? Some men just want to watch the world burn.

2- If those are lenses, where are the aperture linkages? They couldn't rest flat with the linkages.

02-19-2016, 12:06 PM   #80
Veteran Member

Tamron to release a new 85mm F/1.8. I hope to see these new Tamron lenses in K-mount.
02-19-2016, 12:27 PM   #81
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
85/1.8 now and 85/1.4 later
02-19-2016, 01:03 PM   #82
Pentaxian

Some parts from developement department... the lens could even be an old DA*55 mockup or something new, or a place holder to check spacing for fingers between grip and lens.
Nothing from which to draw conclusions - but keep the rumor alive.

02-19-2016, 01:22 PM   #83
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
ohh yes drunk teenage girls with questionable morals and little babies feel upstaged by the FA limited AF shriek...
Are you referring to two separate population groupings or a more tightly defined group of teenage girls with questionable morals, who are not only drunk but also have little babies.
02-19-2016, 01:34 PM   #84
Veteran Member

@RGlasel

I had to re-read digitalis' post a few times to separate the inferences

There appears to be separation in meaning, but, tenuous as there is no sense of a time scale.

I'll cut Digitalis a break, he might have teenage daughters and also a baby and his extensive FA collection is being used to take happy snaps. After all context is always important in discerning the meaning of a statement (I'll steer clear of the South Australia context )
02-19-2016, 02:03 PM   #85

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
85/1.8 now and 85/1.4 later
Yep probably Pentax strategy is to build quickly an 'OK' lineup of modern glass through rebranding and meanwhile work on future star versions of their own
02-19-2016, 05:19 PM   #86
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wild Mark Quote
I'll cut Digitalis a break, he might have teenage daughters and also a baby and his extensive FA collection is being used to take happy snaps.
I have quite firmly mentioned to my mother I have no interest in having kids, I'd make a terrible parent, at best I'd be a 50's dad: involved but distant. Parents screw* you up - they don't mean to but they do. And my parents won the frigging prize for that.

QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
Are you referring to two separate population groupings
Yes, the teenagers and the babies - both of whom were being treated as separate entities can make considerable noise on their own, were at the essence of the joke which fell utterly flat.

*let me put it this way; the first 20 years of my life were pretty much a complete write off.

Last edited by Digitalis; 02-20-2016 at 01:36 AM.
02-19-2016, 06:06 PM - 1 Like   #87
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
I have quite firmly mentioned to my mother I have no interest in having kids, I'd make a terrible parent, at best I'd be a 50's dad: involved but distant. Parents screw* you up - they don't meant to but they do. And my parents won the frigging prize for that.
OT, buuut: Sorry to hear that, but it's certainly not a universal phenomenon. My parents were (and still are) stellar.
02-19-2016, 06:07 PM   #88
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by K David Quote
1- What kind of monster sets lenses mount-side down? Some men just want to watch the world burn.

2- If those are lenses, where are the aperture linkages? They couldn't rest flat with the linkages.
A hint at electronic control of aperture? But more likely they are just mock ups.
02-19-2016, 06:32 PM   #89
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by K David Quote
If those are lenses, where are the aperture linkages? They couldn't rest flat with the linkages.
If pentax has developed lenses with EMD* then where are the body contact pins to control it?

*ElectroMagnetic Diaphragm
02-19-2016, 06:55 PM - 2 Likes   #90
Veteran Member

The simplest explanation is usually the correct one - these are mockups.