Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 52 Likes Search this Thread
02-18-2016, 11:51 PM   #16
Veteran Member

- Are we gonna see a Ricoh Photo Printer someday?

- Whats next?

02-19-2016, 12:01 AM - 1 Like   #17
Veteran Member

Is Ricoh planning to prepare a series of White Papers [or even a YouTube channel] on some of the more advanced features of the K-1, to help users maximise the potential of the camera. Akin to the white papers and other detailed knowledge bases operated by Canon, Nikon, Adobe and others.

In particular, a white paper on the auto-focus system of the K-1 (technology, features, usage cases, optimal settings, tips and tricks etc) would be most useful.

Last edited by rawr; 02-19-2016 at 12:06 AM.
02-19-2016, 12:15 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
- Will the Adobe Lightroom plugin released for the 645Z is going to work the same with the K1? ( this is really important for studio / fashion photographers to take K1 as their work camera )

Last edited by kooks; 02-19-2016 at 01:16 AM.
02-19-2016, 12:19 AM - 1 Like   #19
npc
Veteran Member

After K-3 and K-1 - how are they going to name their next FF and APS-C flagship modes (well, after K-1 II i guess ) ?

02-19-2016, 12:38 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Will the K-1 be available in black?
02-19-2016, 01:05 AM   #21

Do we get tethering support for Pentax K3/K3II and K1
02-19-2016, 03:19 AM   #22
Veteran Member

1. Sensor format market
- How will your focus on FF products affect your focus on APS-C products?
- What is the target product cycle length (years) for APS-C and FF class cameras?
- How many APS-C and FF cameras do you target to offer simultaneously?
- Looking in retrospect, how satisfied are Pentax for making the choice of stabilizing the sensor and not the lenses?

2. Print these requests and ask him to take it back to the R&D team

- A larger aperture (f/1,8) leaf shutter portrait lens for 645
- A larger sensor 645 (Phase One just got a 100 Mp 53,7 x 40,4 mm 16 bit CMOS sensor from Sony)

- A firmware update for K-1 and K-3 with the following feature: Automatic stitching of four images where the image sensor is shifted maximal to the four corners. A "larger sensor simulator". If I calculated correctly that would make K-3 a simulated 32,4 Mp camera and K-1 a simulated 44,4 Mp camera.
- A K-01 replacement with EVF and a different design
- A compact double D-Li90 charger

- A new weather sealed Theta with 4K 30 fps video
- Software and a Theta mount plate for using two Thetas for making 3D spheres
- Offer theta like camera modules for mobile phone makers
- A Theta projector with live streaming from a Theta camera

- A Pentax drinking equipment series with lenslike thermo mugs, thermo bottles, water bottles and espresso cups in various sizes please!

Last edited by Simen1; 02-19-2016 at 06:14 AM.
02-19-2016, 03:38 AM - 8 Likes   #23
Pentaxian

Adam, I have a suggestion for you: go to Imaging Resource and see Dave Etchells' interview with Pentax/Ricoh. It feels like an open discussion, and the result is amazing.
My point is: going there with a list of question, well, the result will be no different than the last time you did that (and given our questions, full of "we can't talk about this yet"). Having some freedom to "go with the flow" and offering Ricoh the freedom to steer the discussion towards subjects they can (and want to) talk about, I'd say you can get something much more interesting.

This being said, I'd appreciate if you could pass them my congratulations for making yet another amazing camera, how I like that it's so typically Pentax, and also my desire for some modern, very high quality yet reasonably compact primes.
02-19-2016, 06:53 AM   #24

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Adam, I have a suggestion for you: go to Imaging Resource and see Dave Etchells' interview with Pentax/Ricoh. It feels like an open discussion, and the result is amazing.
My point is: going there with a list of question, well, the result will be no different than the last time you did that (and given our questions, full of "we can't talk about this yet"). Having some freedom to "go with the flow" and offering Ricoh the freedom to steer the discussion towards subjects they can (and want to) talk about, I'd say you can get something much more interesting.

This being said, I'd appreciate if you could pass them my congratulations for making yet another amazing camera, how I like that it's so typically Pentax, and also my desire for some modern, very high quality yet reasonably compact primes.
I have to say I like Kunzite's idea
but I think Adam started this thread to get some idea about what most forum members are interested at ?
02-19-2016, 07:08 AM - 1 Like   #25
Veteran Member

Do they have any plans or see any future for the Q line ? If Pentax doesn't announce anything new at CP+, are people right to consider the Q line as dead ?
02-19-2016, 07:10 AM   #26

QuoteOriginally posted by Simen1 Quote
2. Print these requests and ask him to take it back to the R&D team
@Adam
Do you think they will be entertaining suggestions at this meeting? If so, I have a firmware update request for K-1 and K-3*.

I guess my questions for them would be: What does the future of the full-frame line look like? Are the current K-1 and its successors always going to be the top-of-line, or will there be any "higher" model? What about lower tier models? Any plans for models that would be similar in tier to the K-1 but different? How would they be different?
02-19-2016, 07:14 AM   #27

Q1:Will K-1 incorporate some function to aid the manual focus lens, such as focus peaking or zebra stripe?

Q2:why the top part of K-1's magnesium body seems to be chopped off comparing to K-3ii or previous APS-C body?
Could you share some design insight about this with us?

Q3:Could you talk about the Newly designed reflection mirror mechanism ? Really appreciate this to reduce the thickness of the body.

Q4: in the this video
Could it be possible to illuminate those focused AF points with red solid square instead of black ones that is shown in the video?
(if the video reflects what user will see in the real world)

Q5: K-3 Focus Peaking: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
It seems that we cannot assign fn button (user defined button) to turn on/off the focus peaking
Is this implemented in K-1? If not, would you consider to implement it in the future body?

Q6: I wonder if Ricoh are aware of this flash delay?
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/172-pentax-k-3/242556-k-3-delay-when-using-flash-19.html
Could they look into it?
Thanks Adam and forum staff
and Ricoh/Pentax to make capture our precious memory a fun thing

Last edited by souless; 02-19-2016 at 09:47 PM.
02-19-2016, 07:33 AM - 2 Likes   #28
Banned

Photos: Gallery
Will there be a new converter to use with the full frame K-1 now the old 1,4x is only for aps-c?
02-19-2016, 08:12 AM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Has there been any negotiations with other third party lens providers? i.e. Zeiss (access to some of their wide angle primes and the Otus range)

Where do Pentax see their lens development model going? i.e. there has been an industry shift to larger style optics i.e. Sigma Art, Zeiss Otus; will Pentax be following suit or trying for the more petite FF ala the FA Limiteds?

When is the DFA50/2.8 Macro getting a new body , stellar optics - it deserves WR and DC
02-19-2016, 08:55 AM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I suspect the timing of re-issuing revised Classic lenses is dependent on how many copies remain in manufacturer inventory and/or in the sales channel (with implications for the FA Limiteds).