Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-19-2016, 09:18 AM   #31
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
- What are new roadmap's lenses?
- Why did they put USB2.0 only? No space?
- Will we see cheaper version of K-1 in 1-1.5 years?

02-19-2016, 09:45 AM   #32
Veteran Member

I have one questions that I cannot find from current K-1 info...

Q1: is there any feature in K-1 that helps manual focus using old manual lenses or adapted 645/67 lenses (beside, catch in focus), using the OVF and/or the back LCD screen?

and two questions just for curiosity...
Q2: is there any plan to make a 645 to K autofocus adapter? and any plan to utilize the moving sensor and 645/67 lens to create larger than FF image circle?
Q3: is there any plan to offer combo kit in US (low end kit: K-1 + 28-105, premium kit: K-1 + 24-70, special kit: K-1+ DA* 50mm)

and last one:
please say "thank you! Ricoh" for me. I did not buy anything under Ricoh since the take over, but I will now. lol.
02-19-2016, 10:23 AM   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I would like them to add a feature for "composition adjustment" where it automatically takes four shots like in the demo video that Pentaxforums produced.

It would save a lot of time and would probably increase the use of the feature.
02-19-2016, 10:47 AM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Simen1 Quote
A larger aperture (f/1,8) leaf shutter portrait lens for 645
There is a good reason why you never see leaf shutter F/1.8 MF lenses. Have you ever use a MF system?

02-19-2016, 10:52 AM   #35
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by CarlJF Quote
Do they have any plans or see any future for the Q line ? If Pentax doesn't announce anything new at CP+, are people right to consider the Q line as dead ?
(and since the Q has always been viewed as Pentax's MILC line, does that mean Pentax plans to focus on DSLR alone?? - do they believe that MILC has as much market share as it is going to get??)
02-19-2016, 10:53 AM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

After viewing the Hand on Review by Albert Siegel: Hands-On with the Pentax K-1 - Hands-on Reviews | PentaxForums.com I found very interesting to see the way one can "tweak" the parameters directly from the Quick Menu (rear LCD) ... as shown at around 3m57s in the video.
Obviously, this is firmware based and I was wondering whether it would be possible to "import" that feature into the K3/II/IIs models via a firmware update.
This K-1 has it all !
02-19-2016, 11:25 AM   #37
Veteran Member

Big if...

How about if Ricoh makes a 3d printer for photographers to make 3d objects from multiple photographs?

QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
Basically I want to know Ricoh ie. Pentax's view on where to now for full frame and aps-c in terms of camera and lenses?

And from outside the square I want to know if Ricoh ie. Pentax have thought of producing a Black and White Photo Quality Inkjet Printer? In this day and age so much of photography is online ie. on-screen. I remember when I had a darkroom I would produce Black and White prints of varying sizes, then not so much was online, so for Ricoh to do something extraordinary have they thought of producing such a printer? Some might say that they can do this with their existing photo inkjet printers, but I am talking about a completely different beast where all the ink tanks are shades of black and gray. Epson had one but never came through with it
I ask as I know Ricoh do produce printers, although office machines.

Do they have any projects we have not heard of that they could give us a few hints on?

Lastly I would like to thank Ricoh ie. Pentax for producing the K-1 Full Frame, I will definitely get one at some stage.

02-19-2016, 11:27 AM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
CP+ starts in a week, and when the show opens we will once again have the opportunity to sit down with a few Japanese Pentax reps, ask some questions, and get a quick demo of the K-1.

Please post any interview suggestions in this thread.

Note that questions about specific unreleased products will be ignored.
Once the lens road map is released we will have a better Idea.

What is Ricoh's target market with the K-1? How do they view themselves in comparison to Canon and Nikon? What are the key needs of their target market and how did they address them?

Do they see a big shift towards FF in the market?
02-19-2016, 11:36 AM   #39
Veteran Member

Full Shake reduction in Video mode instead of electronic

Is this possible? Why did Pentax decide to go with electronic image stabilization?
Thanks.
02-19-2016, 11:48 AM   #40

Photos: Gallery
Were the people involved in developing the K-1 also not able to sleep the night before the official announcement ? (Maybe nice opener for a more relaxing discussion xD)

I also would like to send my thanks to all the people at Pentax & Ricoh for not giving up on all our dream of the FF Pentax camera! Thank you so much for making this happen at last, I am looking forward to take pictures with my new K-1 (upgrading from the K20D) in April.
02-19-2016, 12:10 PM   #41
Veteran Member

Is it possible to project live-view - histogram information in to the OVF?
Is it possible to bring eye-AF like we see on Olympus and Sony into a DSLR?
02-19-2016, 12:35 PM   #42

1) Any chance the pixel shift's electronic shutter feature will be extended to normal shooting? (for instance, Olympus and Leica have the option to use an electronic shutter to get speeds up to 1/16000, which may not be more than a gimmick, but it seems like it could have some use)

2) With the 645Z and now the K-1 (plus fast zooms), Pentax is making a strong play on the professional photographer market. Does Pentax (or Ricoh in general) have any plans to take on the professional videographer side of the business?

3) With Pentax focusing exclusively on mirrored products the last year plus, and Ricoh giving not much more than a slight update to the GR in 2015, can we expect any innovations from your mirrorless products in 2016 (Q-related, GR, something else?)?

4) Could you give yourself a big pat on the back from me? I'm very excited about the K-1, well done!
02-19-2016, 01:00 PM - 2 Likes   #43

Photos: Gallery
The K-1 is the only FF DSLR with 5-axis image stabilisation, so it would make the ideal camera for hybrid photo & video professionals. Why then hasn't mechanical SR in movie mode been enabled, like it was in the K-5, and like it is in the Sony A7sII and the Olympus OM-D EM-1 and 5? Will it still be possible for you to unlock this feature upon launch time?
02-19-2016, 01:03 PM   #44

I want to know what Ricoh thinks about revamping their after sales service worldwide?
Secondly, since the sales is going up in India along with the rest of the world, what is ricoh's future plan about increasing business in India. Also, the price range is pretty different than USA. Do they have any plan to normalize it?
02-19-2016, 01:10 PM   #45

Two Questions:

1. When designing the K-1, was there a target price that influenced the design process in order to meet that price (The IKEA model) or did you design the camera you wanted and then priced it accordingly?

2. What efforts are you making to entice 3rd-party lens manufacturers, e.g. Sigma and Tamron, who in recent years have lessened their Pentax lineup?