Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2016, 04:21 AM   #76
Pentaxian

Ishpuini, only yesterday I was talking with a Nikonian friend about viewfinder loupes - the K-1's viewfinder will be a significant improvement over the K-5IIs one, but I'd still like to see a high quality viewfinder loupe accessory. Emphasis on "high quality", think something like the Nikon DK-17.

02-22-2016, 11:18 AM   #77
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sorry, I know this is a late entry, I was trying to think of something a few days ago, but this just came to me:

"Is it possible to add extended Power Zoom functionality to the K-1?"

As owners of the excellent PZ-1(p) know, that camera, and possibly a few others could do some extra tricks with the Power Zoom equipped FA lenses. There is the basic PZ feature set which allows zooming and auto retract when the camera is powered down. I think all the flagship models have done that since... I'm not sure when, but then there's the extended feature set, and those have been missing for a while. There was Zoom Clip Mode, Image Size Tracking Mode, and Auto Zoom Effects Mode. In particular, I always like the idea of Image Size Tracking mode, but it never worked well with just one AF point. It would be great to see how well it works with 33 points. If Ricoh is looking for ways to set their K-1 apart from the crowd, that seems like it would be one more feather in the cap, and it essentially free to implement through firmware. But, maybe there are technical limitations of which I am not aware.

Last edited by maxfield_photo; 02-22-2016 at 11:26 AM.
02-22-2016, 02:41 PM   #78

Photos: Albums
Though late to this thread, here i go (and pardon me if the questions were already suggested, i didn't go through the 6 pages)
My questions are very egotistical btw

*clears throat*

What are the plans with the APS-C only lens section. The small factor ltd. primes received an HD coating update but they are still non-WR. If the company focuses right now on the FF chapter, FF lenses included, what can APS-C possesors expect in therms of small & light prime lenses with much needed WR atribute - a thing we are lacking right now. When could we expect some new or updated designs in this area?

ok, you get the gist, i'll stop here Thank you

P.S.(i'm itching for this one): Was the 20-40 ltd. a success for the company. If not, why does he think that happened.
02-22-2016, 02:55 PM   #79
Site Supporter

it would be awesome if you could wander by the Tamron booth and ask if they will release some of their designs in Pentax mount.

02-22-2016, 03:00 PM   #80
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
And if there will be a usb tap-in console in pentax mount with support of older lenses( you may say I'm a dreamer...)
02-22-2016, 03:14 PM   #81
sbh
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is it possible to make Pixel Shift work with flash?
A 1-2 second delay between the exposures could let flashes recycle. Many photographers would greatly benefit from that, like commercial products, real estate, food, still life etc.
Which would be the challenges to maybe not implement this?
02-22-2016, 03:20 PM   #82
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, the new lens roadmap will partially answer this I guess, but I would like to know what are the new priorities for lens development and what kind of balance they intend to have between APS-C and FF lenses...

02-22-2016, 03:58 PM   #83
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Has the collaboration with Tamron been a short term measure to fill important gaps in the line-up in time for the K-1 release, or will it be an ongoing relationship?
02-22-2016, 04:06 PM   #84
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
or will it be an ongoing relationship?
It already has been ongoing, right? Not with every lens, but some lenses were done in collaboration. I think there is a thread with them. In the lens business, there is a lot of.. um, sharing, stealing, cooperation, rebadging
02-23-2016, 12:34 AM   #85
Pentaxian

Plain and simple question: can you tell us something about the initial reactions of the Japanese market?
02-23-2016, 01:31 AM   #86
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gloaming Quote
Would it be asking too much to also check the auto-focus speed of the new 24-70 f/2.8 Pentax zoom lens (Tamron re-badge?) in very low-light (-3 EV)? Am I asking too much? Since we will only be getting the K-1 around mid-April, early May (in some places), it would be helpful to some of us here to have this information as soon as possible, before buying. Many thanks.
It's pretty good. Not mind-blowing, but good enough IMO.

QuoteOriginally posted by gloaming Quote
Since some of the lenses that I will be using with the K-1 include the FA 77 Ltd and the FA 43 Ltd, if possible, could you try a screw-driven lens on the K-1, to check if the in-body auto-focus motor is any quieter than the one in the K-5iis or the K-3? I hope that the shutter will also be at least as quiet as the K-5, hopefully even quieter. Could you also check the shutter sound level?
The AF motor is the same as in the K-3 (which is louder than the K-5, because it's faster). The shutter sound is pretty quiet; just a little noisier than the Nikon D810.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-23-2016, 01:36 AM   #87
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 645user Quote
Do we get tethering support for Pentax K3/K3II and K1
The K-1 supports tethering just like the 645Z. We asked about the others previously and the answer was basically "maybe".

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-23-2016, 01:42 AM - 1 Like   #88
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lukulele Quote
Is the Philippine assembly plant dedicated to Pentax production or is it a contract facility producing other brands as well? Can the plant produce the estimated pre-orders comfortably prior to the April ship date?
The Philippine (Cebu-based) assembly plant is DEDICATED to Pentax/Ricoh alone. It is not a contract facility.
02-23-2016, 01:43 AM - 1 Like   #89
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The AF motor is the same as in the K-3 (which is louder than the K-5, because it's faster). The shutter sound is pretty quiet; just a little noisier than the Nikon D810.
Noisier than the D810? I don't like that. I hoped it will be quiet - perhaps a notch above the K-3.
02-23-2016, 02:06 AM   #90
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JBox Quote
This would be good to know in general. I seem to recall that back in the Hoya days there was a feedback form on their site for this purpose. I have not seen an equivalent in these Ricoh days. Anyone know? Sorry this is a bit off-topic, but it seems like there are many of us who have ideas in this thread that we would like to share with Pentax/Ricoh. If this is not the appropriate place to start this discussion, I would be happy to start a new thread on it.
Keep posting here, I'm compiling all suggestions posted into a document that we'll pass along at the interview.

Adam