Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-22-2016, 12:26 PM   #61
Site Supporter
jatrax's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,284
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Don't feed, pleaaaase
+1000. Please don't feed.

08-23-2016, 10:46 AM   #62
Senior Member




Join Date: Oct 2013
Photos: Albums
Posts: 280
The K-1 production is close to the regular production number again and the sale is starting to normal numbers.
Sony had an eight week problem to adjust the sensor plant,four weeks after each of the both earthquakes.
In the first week is the sensor production more trash than usable.
Result of Smalltalk with Pentax 2 weeks ago.
Best regards
08-23-2016, 11:09 AM   #63
Site Supporter
jatrax's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,284
QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man Quote
The K-1 production is close to the regular production number again and the sale is starting to normal numbers.
Any idea how much the production delay slowed deliveries? What was regular production number?
08-23-2016, 11:11 AM   #64
Lens Buying Addict
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 19,428
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Any idea how much the production delay slowed deliveries? What was regular production number?
That is likely proprietary

08-24-2016, 05:47 AM   #65
Pentaxian
Mistral75's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Paris
Posts: 2,777
Regular production number was said by Ricoh Imaging (in February) to be 7,000 units per month:

????????35???????????????????PENTAX K-1??????RICOH IMAGING
08-24-2016, 04:47 PM   #66
Pentaxian
Uluru's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Back to my Walkabout Creek
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,400
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Regular production number was said by Ricoh Imaging (in February) to be 7,000 units per month:

????????35???????????????????PENTAX K-1??????RICOH IMAGING
In times of D800, which was a bolder step forward for Nikon, Nikon was producing 30,000 units of D800 and 5,000 units of D4 cameras a month. That is when Nikon had more than one FF body already, and selling wildly popular D700.
Compared to D800, even the most anticipated camera in the last 20 years of Pentax history is produced at mere 23% rate. But the production is higher than the D4 numbers, for now.
08-24-2016, 06:08 PM - 1 Like   #67
Pentaxian
bobmaxja's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Laval, Quebec Canada
Posts: 1,698
And Pentax is not Nikon and Pentax is less than 5% of the total market . If K-1 is at 23% of Nikon , this is and astonishing success for Pentax.
08-24-2016, 10:37 PM   #68
Pentaxian




Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 4,524
QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
In times of D800, which was a bolder step forward for Nikon, Nikon was producing 30,000 units of D800 and 5,000 units of D4 cameras a month. That is when Nikon had more than one FF body already, and selling wildly popular D700.
Compared to D800, even the most anticipated camera in the last 20 years of Pentax history is produced at mere 23% rate. But the production is higher than the D4 numbers, for now.
What really the issue with that?

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
brand, japan, manufacturer, market, minute, model, pentax news, pentax rumors, production, system, trough, wonder
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reports on K-3ii Service Advisory Repair Mikesul Pentax K-3 9 07-29-2015 03:52 PM
K-S1 sales reports Clothears Pentax K-S1 & K-S2 4 11-23-2014 04:22 AM
Reports on the K-3 in Japanese camera magazines JPT Pentax K-3 17 10-20-2013 10:05 AM
K-5 dissed by Consumer Reports... dcmsox2004 Pentax News and Rumors 71 11-13-2011 08:37 PM
Test Reports on 645D, K-5 and K-r ogl Pentax News and Rumors 4 12-13-2010 05:18 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:57 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top