Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-26-2016, 06:17 AM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
they're perhaps more active on twitter although why they would retweet something shot with a canon, i do not know! https://twitter.com/PENTAXIAN

04-26-2016, 08:29 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't have Twitter either, but I am following them on Facebook now.
04-26-2016, 05:15 PM - 2 Likes   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mr_spencer Quote
They haven't posted an image in two months
Sounds like the Pentax Australia social media feeds. They last updated their Twitter in Dec 2015 and their Instagram in Nov 2015. Their FB is about all they seem to maintain.

It must be very, very hard work to maintain a Twitter or Instagram, I guess. Probably need a PhD or something, and a multi-million dollar budget.
04-26-2016, 05:52 PM   #19
mee
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Sounds like the Pentax Australia social media feeds. They last updated their Twitter in Dec 2015 and their Instagram in Nov 2015. Their FB is about all they seem to maintain.

It must be very, very hard work to maintain a Twitter or Instagram, I guess. Probably need a PhD or something, and a multi-million dollar budget.
or it could be tasked to someone very, very overloaded with other tasks.. I doubt they're going to hire someone to managed a twitter and/or instagram..

For instance, It could be someone that is busy handling a stream of phone calls, mail, and walk ins who is supposed to do it on their 'free' time.. but there is no free time..

04-26-2016, 09:31 PM   #20

Wow Amazing...
04-26-2016, 09:46 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
I doubt they're going to hire someone to managed a twitter and/or instagram.
Of course. Everyone knows marketing (including social media marketing) is mere incidental stuff, totally secondary to the real work of running a busy business ...
04-26-2016, 10:09 PM   #22
Site Supporter

Haha ^^
Train and assign to that task 15 minutes per week to any current RI local employee, and the game is done...
But no, things are allright the way they are : keeping on the edge of the unknown/ignored, is by far more exciting....

Last edited by Zygonyx; 04-26-2016 at 10:26 PM.
04-26-2016, 10:19 PM   #23
mee
Site Supporter

Of course. Everyone knows marketing (including social media marketing) is mere incidental stuff, totally secondary to the real work of running a busy business ...
For Ricoh, I suspect they actually do consider it secondary..

04-27-2016, 05:10 AM   #24
Pentaxian

I run social media campaigns for clients. Facebook is now for old people (30+). If you want to reach the next generation you have to go where they are-YouTube not cable, Verge not print, and Instagram/Snapchat not Facebook. And you have to do it fresh.
04-30-2016, 01:07 PM   #25
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
963! just 37 more to 1000!

That should take less than two more weeks at this rate.
04-30-2016, 01:31 PM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by squareeyes Quote
963! just 37 more to 1000!

That should take less than two more weeks at this rate.
Its pretty sad really.....

My dog literally has more followers on Instagram than Ricoh Imaging....
04-30-2016, 01:32 PM   #27
Lens Buying Addict

I maintain a social media profile for my advisory practice (not Twitter or FB). To be effective as a marketing tool I need 6 - 8 unique posts 6 days a week, each with a unique content attachment link that is timely and/or a relevant 'attractor'. I takes me only 45 or so minutes once a week to create and schedule a week's worth of 'posts' using an external editor . . . .

but it takes a member of my team two to four hours each day to create or identify content, clear it with legal, and where necessary license the content I post. That staff person's only other responsibility is to create content for me to carry to prospect meetings and client reviews and to carry out the New Client On-Boarding steps. It is a $36,000 job (Cost of Living is low in the Midwest USA). There are 2000 working hours in a year.

Do the math.
04-30-2016, 07:50 PM   #28
Site Supporter

Thanks for sharing monochrome.
There is maybe some progressiveness or efficiency gradient btw 6 posts a week and one every 6 months ?
Plus i guess that it would be acceptable to care in the same job description for twt, fb, instagram and one or two more social medias alltogether ?
So, let's say two fulltime english-japanese speaking persons in HQ, which imho is no big deal for Ricoh Imaging : you have to live with your time.
04-30-2016, 08:34 PM   #29
Lens Buying Addict

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
Thanks for sharing monochrome.
There is maybe some progressiveness or efficiency gradient btw 6 posts a week and one every 6 months ?
Plus i guess that it would be acceptable to care in the same job description for twt, fb, instagram and one or two more social medias alltogether ?
So, let's say two fulltime english-japanese speaking persons in HQ, which imho is no big deal for Ricoh Imaging : you have to live with your time.
The trick to using social media as a commercial marketing tool is saturated repetition, and you want to stimulate repost (retweets, Likes, endorsements, comments) activity. That means a real person has to 'Moderate' these apps full-time, responding, engaging and stimulating discussion. If you commercially establish a presence on several platforms you have to guard against too much duplication. If you moderate several platforms it's like juggling - the more balls in the air the harder it gets. One person can't do it all.

My son coordinated social media for a retail athletic gear chain for a year, including the YouTube channel and SnapChat (he helped me start my digital presence). He found it is a challenge to constantly come up with fresh content and interact live with the digital community. I'd bet Ricoh's situation is someone decided they need to be on Instagram but there wasn't a plan and a budget - and people who know how to do it. You need the right person, who has 'the Vibe' and snap thinking. It's actually quite difficult to do right.

They'd be better off closing it down and concentrating on the K- 1 Special Site until they get bigger.
04-30-2016, 09:38 PM   #30
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
He found it is a challenge to constantly come up with fresh content and interact live with the digital community
There is a local success story here with a company that started out selling software to monitor a client's digital presence, but discovered the real money was in feeding the monster with tailored content (basically a bunch of university students writing tweets and Facebook posts part-time). Do you actually get business from Twitter, Instagram, Facebook et al, or is it just a way to maintain appearances? I did a special project for credit in my final year of university, doing a marketing study of Telidon a decade before anyone heard of the World Wide Web, but I look at the trillions of digital messages being transmitted today and I see nothing but noise in all four dimensions. My customers are swimming in communications, trying to keep from drowning, in an industry that has literally run on nuts, bolts and rubber for a century. I have no idea how anyone can properly market in a "soft" industry.