Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 41 Likes Search this Thread
03-08-2016, 01:46 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'd love to see Ricoh/Pentax partner up with Fujifilm.

I've owned 5 Fuji X digital cameras and a number of their lenses. Nice products.

If there ever is such a partnership maybe the Fuji philosophy of continuously upgrading body firmware on older bodies will be adopted by Richo/Pentax! We can hope...

03-08-2016, 01:53 PM   #17
Veteran Member

What's the gain for Fuji in working with Ricoh?
03-08-2016, 02:07 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Hmm... who knows...
The timing is plausible - large sensor mirrorless, after they "fix" the K-mount, I said in the past. I'm sure they're thinking about the right time for entering this market segment, too. But... rumors are so easily made up (see Nikon's supposed partnership with Samsung, for example). Particularly I wouldn't believe "partnership" rumors - they're prone to being made up by the respective systems' fans.
Maybe this will come up into one of the yet unpublished CP+ interviews.
03-08-2016, 02:08 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
It's a mirrorless interchangeable lens camera. Therefore, they are in the mirrorless interchangeable lens market. They might not have a big slice of it, but they have a slice. It's already a crowded market, one that Samsung has already failed in.
Also, they "entered" the MILC market in 2012 with a certain rubber-clad brick-shaped camera. How many "entrances" can they make? "Wants to compete in" would have been a better choice of words.

03-08-2016, 02:11 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Also, they "entered" the MILC market in 2012 with a certain rubber-clad brick-shaped camera. How many "entrances" can they make? "Wants to compete in" would have been a better choice of words.
It was more attractive than this...

Sigma sd Quattro H Mirrorless Camera | Sigma Corporation of America
03-08-2016, 02:13 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
No arguments here.

Whatever comes of this rumor, I think what I said two or three years back regarding a "K-02" still holds: when Ricoh/Pentax does try a larger sensor MILC again, it will have been so long and bear so little resemblance to the '01 that no one will think to connect the two.
03-08-2016, 02:16 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Thick as a Brick was the problem there and an Aussie designed it, we are world renowned for camera design(NOT!)

03-08-2016, 02:22 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
I don't know, but I presume Ricoh is a much larger company that Fuji - so maybe first and foremost investment money / shared risk?

Also, shared lens designs and IP. Does Fuji have sensor based shake reduction?
03-08-2016, 03:36 PM   #24
Banned

Having a colaboration based on a bigger sensor, but essentially like the m4/3 with many contenders in it. So I guess this will be larger then aps-c.
03-08-2016, 04:37 PM   #25
Pentaxian

If they go into it, I would prefer if they can maintain the k-mount. In short, a better k-01. Probably if they can make the AF really fast then that would be a killer camera.
03-08-2016, 05:03 PM   #26
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
No arguments here.
Whatever comes of this rumor, I think what I said two or three years back regarding a "K-02" still holds: when Ricoh/Pentax does try a larger sensor MILC again, it will have been so long and bear so little resemblance to the '01 that no one will think to connect the two.
Unless they name it K-01ii
03-08-2016, 05:12 PM   #27

I may be wrong, but isn't sony E mount made like an open standard similarly like m4/3 mount is and it would be wiser, if not going with k mount, choose a mount that has large support for various lenses and accessories? You can mount many lenses on E mount and they even can utilize autofocus. That would sell new mirrorless system pretty well. Fuji is also not very much into video stuff so it might be Fuji to go together with RP... You know, a felloship of we ignore this and that thing... Although I would love to see Samsung NX1 guts inside the possible new Pentax mirrorless. Interesting rumor, will sew how real it is in the future, but 2018?! That is a very long time period... Hopefully RP and the possible partner company whether it's Fuji or someone else will be considerably open about what they are doing and keep us informed,
03-08-2016, 05:43 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Probably an increase of scale, but more likely an impression of a broader system that gives consumers more choice (eg of lenses) and certainty that the system will stick around and not be an orphan.
03-08-2016, 10:52 PM   #29
ogl
Banned

The rumour says about new bayonet bigger than APS-C. It could be new FF mirrorless system.
03-08-2016, 11:42 PM   #30
Pentaxian

1. Bigger clout for the system rather than 5-8 makers each fighting to make their system work in a shrinking market.
They will still fight over market share within the system of course.
Just like the m4/3 system, users feel safer as they buy into a system that is supported by 2 companies, and they get to choose to mix and match camera/lenses too.

2. Ganging up for the coming hard times (for the market)

3. Shared costs in standards/rnd/etc

4. Shared IP