Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-10-2016, 10:57 AM - 2 Likes   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
The rumour says about new bayonet bigger than APS-C. It could be new FF mirrorless system.
Doesn't need to be bigger than K-mount, just closer.

Y'all are thinking too small. It's going to be medium format mirrorless. Both Pentax and Fuji have vaunted histories there.

03-10-2016, 11:03 AM   #47
Lens Buying Addict

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote

Y'all are thinking too small. It's going to be medium format mirrorless. Both Pentax and Fuji have vaunted histories there.
So the active 645 > K adapter that was rumored - and dismissed - was a slip. It is intended for a different mount*.

* To all rumor sites: this is an ironic reply. It is not a rumor; I am not a source.
03-10-2016, 11:16 AM   #48
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
So the active 645 > K adapter that was rumored - and dismissed - was a slip. It is intended for a different mount*.

* To all rumor sites: this is an ironic reply. It is not a rumor; I am not a source.
Apparently current FF market look like APS-C several years ago as the sensor cost had reduced dramatically. Soon we will see price war among FF cameras like what we saw the APS-C camera body price fall as K5, K3 and K3ii.

Mirrorless Medium format will be next premium camera market... Without the mirror, a medium format(cropped 645) will be around 500g-700g and a full 645 will be around 1000g. So I just make my own prediction here:

After 10 years,

Mirrorless medium format will be the main stream for landscape and portrait.

FF will be only main stream for sport and wildlife like the current status of D500/7d ii.

APS-C will be standard for normal
Point and shot camera.
03-10-2016, 11:38 AM - 3 Likes   #49
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by starjedi Quote
Apparently current FF market look like APS-C several years ago as the sensor cost had reduced dramatically. Soon we will see price war among FF cameras like what we saw the APS-C camera body price fall as K5, K3 and K3ii.

Mirrorless Medium format will be next premium camera market... Without the mirror, a medium format(cropped 645) will be around 500g-700g and a full 645 will be around 1000g. So I just make my own prediction here:

After 10 years,

Mirrorless medium format will be the main stream for landscape and portrait.

FF will be only main stream for sport and wildlife like the current status of D500/7d ii.

APS-C will be standard for normal
Point and shot camera.
all of these formats will also be used for shooting pictures of cats.

03-10-2016, 11:52 AM   #50
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Yeah. Cell-phones' work.
03-10-2016, 12:28 PM - 2 Likes   #51
Pentaxian

Ha ha! I wrote the book on that!

Help us choose a cover for an upcoming ebook!
by John Flores, on Flickr
03-10-2016, 01:06 PM - 4 Likes   #52
Pentaxian

03-10-2016, 04:20 PM   #53
Site Supporter

Sometimes that's a lot harder than it sounds. One of our cats will let off a "whoop" run across the room, and literally climb three feet up a wall {actually a doorway}; I'd show you a picture of that, but I've never had a camera handy, and it is always over before I can take a picture.

03-11-2016, 12:07 AM   #54
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote

Spot on. It will be MF if they do it.
03-11-2016, 10:21 AM   #55
Pentaxian

I am sort of at a loss, I have 7 or 8 different formats/camera systems but no longer have any cats. Is it time to stop shooting? No new cats as I miss my dogs more than the cats, sorry Kham, Samoon and Chinook (and before that Pippin ,Wicken and Bibb)
03-11-2016, 10:32 AM - 1 Like   #56
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by redrockcoulee Quote
I am sort of at a loss, I have 7 or 8 different formats/camera systems but no longer have any cats. Is it time to stop shooting? No new cats as I miss my dogs more than the cats, sorry Kham, Samoon and Chinook (and before that Pippin ,Wicken and Bibb)
I don't have any cat's either but the neighbours do.

03-11-2016, 10:36 AM   #57
Site Supporter

I hate to suggest this, but even though you don't have cats, you have plenty of pictures of cats, therefore you could take pictures of pictures of cats. How can you better represent this cat picture.... take a picture of the picture with a different camera! The experiments need to be done.
03-11-2016, 10:56 AM   #58
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
I hate to suggest this, but even though you don't have cats, you have plenty of pictures of cats, therefore you could take pictures of pictures of cats. How can you better represent this cat picture.... take a picture of the picture with a different camera! The experiments need to be done.
Never thought of that, thanks.
03-11-2016, 11:28 AM   #59
Pentaxian

Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
Attached Images

03-11-2016, 11:50 AM - 1 Like   #60

Why would a company want to produce a camera so other companies can sell you a lens? There is a reason Sony has its own mirrorless mount and it isn't technical. If I were Ricoh I would give mirrorless K-mount another go when the technology warrants it. I'm sorry but every time I hear about the new best EVF and I have an actual look I'm reminded of a VHS camcorder.