Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-29-2016, 06:56 AM   #121
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Romania
Posts: 8,406
But you should still ditch those dying-breed DSLRs to tie your future to Samsung NX'

03-30-2016, 06:54 AM   #123
Site Supporter
Zygonyx's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ile de France
Posts: 2,951
Such a link from such an unreliable and selfproclaimed expert person should be under ban ...

Last edited by Zygonyx; 03-30-2016 at 07:09 AM.
03-30-2016, 06:59 AM - 2 Likes   #124
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Romania
Posts: 8,406
"The mirrorless revolution is just starting" is a very actual subject; so actual, that you could write an article with the exact same title and subject every year.
I bet we'll still hear how "the mirrorless revolution is just starting" (as well as: "soon, mirrorless will replace DSLRs" 5 years from now.

The good news? No matter when Ricoh Imaging will (properly) join the mirrorless revolution, they won't be late. After all, the mirrorless revolution would just be starting...

03-30-2016, 01:25 PM   #125
Pentaxian
RonHendriks1966's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,556
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
The good news? No matter when Ricoh Imaging will (properly) join the mirrorless revolution, they won't be late. After all, the mirrorless revolution would just be starting...
I think you are right on this!
03-31-2016, 09:39 PM   #126
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 5th floor
Posts: 1,322
I can't wait for that mirrorless MF.
03-31-2016, 10:12 PM   #127
Pentaxian
Jonathan Mac's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 3,905
Right now Sony's FF mirrorless has no real direct competitor in that segment of the market. Any company that makes a move on it now and is prepared to fight could do very well out of it, but I can't see Ricoh doing that. Add another mount/lens range in addition to the Q, 645, APS-C and FF K?

A m4/3-style collaboration with the X mount would be great but Fuji don't stand to win much by it. Their cameras are very good, though much less solid than Pentax's DSLRs and their lenses, despite being available for only a short time, are reputed to be among the best of the best. Having Ricoh as a partner wouldn't add a serious volume to the sales so there's no real reason to add them unless they start a concerted effort to gather more even more partners.
03-31-2016, 10:42 PM   #128
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: mid nth coast,nsw
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,423
http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ua...18443451,d.dGY


I just read this on the Fuji forum, some interesting tooing and frooing

04-01-2016, 03:17 AM   #129
Loyal Site Supporter
clackers's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Albums
Posts: 7,673
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ua...18443451,d.dGY


I just read this on the Fuji forum, some interesting tooing and frooing
Pretty lousy article, although the size comparison photos are good.

There is no proof of his IBIS claim.

He had to show photos taken with and without SR to prove his point.
04-01-2016, 05:50 AM   #130
Pentaxian




Join Date: Aug 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 985
True, the size comparison shows minimal or no advantage at all.
04-01-2016, 06:54 AM   #131
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Romania
Posts: 8,406
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ua...18443451,d.dGY


I just read this on the Fuji forum, some interesting tooing and frooing
Soo... a (now) Fuji fan claiming that buying a Sony mirrorless was a "fatal" mistake? Did he die because of it?
And Pentax including their best SR system on the K-1, "as a marketing ploy". Yeah, sure. We have full frame and in-body stabilization working with every lens. They don't. It's as simple as that.

---------- Post added 01-04-16 at 04:56 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
True, the size comparison shows minimal or no advantage at all.
I noticed he didn't compare the A7 with the X-pro1/2
04-02-2016, 02:33 PM   #132
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Eastern Oregon
Posts: 604
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
Right now Sony's FF mirrorless has no real direct competitor in that segment of the market. Any company that makes a move on it now and is prepared to fight could do very well out of it, but I can't see Ricoh doing that. Add another mount/lens range in addition to the Q, 645, APS-C and FF K?

A m4/3-style collaboration with the X mount would be great but Fuji don't stand to win much by it. Their cameras are very good, though much less solid than Pentax's DSLRs and their lenses, despite being available for only a short time, are reputed to be among the best of the best. Having Ricoh as a partner wouldn't add a serious volume to the sales so there's no real reason to add them unless they start a concerted effort to gather more even more partners.


And right now Fuji's APS-C mirrorless system has no competition in that market segment either. Fuji has nothing to gain by partnering with Ricoh. And as Fuji's sales have seen a 300% increase over 5 years, during which time everyone else has seen a marked downturn in the market, why would they partner with anyone? Fuji just needs to keep doing what they are doing. Everyday, more and more people realize they hit the sweet spot on many levels.
04-02-2016, 02:56 PM   #133
Pentaxian
thibs's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgium
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,159
QuoteOriginally posted by Qwntm Quote
And right now Fuji's APS-C mirrorless system has no competition in that market segment either. Fuji has nothing to gain by partnering with Ricoh. And as Fuji's sales have seen a 300% increase over 5 years, during which time everyone else has seen a marked downturn in the market, why would they partner with anyone? Fuji just needs to keep doing what they are doing. Everyday, more and more people realize they hit the sweet spot on many levels.
But if I remember well (hope I'm wrong), Fuji isn't exactly making so much money. Investors only care about the latter though...
04-02-2016, 03:03 PM   #134
Pentaxian




Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 882
QuoteOriginally posted by Qwntm Quote
And right now Fuji's APS-C mirrorless system has no competition in that market segment either. Fuji has nothing to gain by partnering with Ricoh. And as Fuji's sales have seen a 300% increase over 5 years, during which time everyone else has seen a marked downturn in the market, why would they partner with anyone? Fuji just needs to keep doing what they are doing. Everyday, more and more people realize they hit the sweet spot on many levels.
What Fuji did in the past several years indeed is very successful. Lot of APS-C specific lenses are delivered. Their APS-C lens line-up is close to finish and has exceeded Pentax APS-C line-up apparently.
04-02-2016, 03:35 PM   #135
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Romania
Posts: 8,406
Fuji, perhaps, made the same mistake as Olympus did back in 2003: cutting their option of a larger sensor. Sure, their marketing is working very, very hard to transform that into an advantage... but on the long term, this might hurt.
So before saying that Fujifilm is a hands down winner, consider the most glaring omission from their APS-C range: an upgrade path

P.S. I'm glad they're selling better now; not long ago, Pentax used to beat them - in Japan - with the Q.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
adapters, camera, canon, dslr, fuji, fujifilm, innards, k-01, k-mount, lens, lenses, market, milc, mirrorless, pack, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, plenty, reflex, ricoh, sensor, system, technology
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale - Sold: Tokina AT-X 80-200/2.8 SD Ka-mount Lens with Hood and Case fwcetus Sold Items 7 09-24-2015 03:54 PM
upgrading from k-x should i go mirrorless? rabblefrabble Pentax DSLR Discussion 20 11-29-2014 03:53 PM
Ricoh's marketing email go straight to Spam folder RonakG Photographic Industry and Professionals 16 04-19-2014 11:08 AM
No FF for at least two years. normhead Pentax DSLR Discussion 22 10-02-2012 08:27 AM
I want to stay with Pentax, but which way to go? Horst Laumer Pentax DSLR Discussion 16 10-22-2011 05:41 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:03 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top