Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 41 Likes Search this Thread
03-29-2016, 06:56 AM   #121
Pentaxian

But you should still ditch those dying-breed DSLRs to tie your future to Samsung NX'

03-30-2016, 06:54 AM   #123
Pentaxian

Such a link from such an unreliable and selfproclaimed expert person should be under ban ...

Last edited by Zygonyx; 03-30-2016 at 07:09 AM.
03-30-2016, 06:59 AM - 2 Likes   #124
Pentaxian

"The mirrorless revolution is just starting" is a very actual subject; so actual, that you could write an article with the exact same title and subject every year.
I bet we'll still hear how "the mirrorless revolution is just starting" (as well as: "soon, mirrorless will replace DSLRs" 5 years from now.

The good news? No matter when Ricoh Imaging will (properly) join the mirrorless revolution, they won't be late. After all, the mirrorless revolution would just be starting...

03-30-2016, 01:25 PM   #125
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
The good news? No matter when Ricoh Imaging will (properly) join the mirrorless revolution, they won't be late. After all, the mirrorless revolution would just be starting...
I think you are right on this!
03-31-2016, 09:39 PM   #126
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I can't wait for that mirrorless MF.
03-31-2016, 10:12 PM   #127
Pentaxian

Right now Sony's FF mirrorless has no real direct competitor in that segment of the market. Any company that makes a move on it now and is prepared to fight could do very well out of it, but I can't see Ricoh doing that. Add another mount/lens range in addition to the Q, 645, APS-C and FF K?

A m4/3-style collaboration with the X mount would be great but Fuji don't stand to win much by it. Their cameras are very good, though much less solid than Pentax's DSLRs and their lenses, despite being available for only a short time, are reputed to be among the best of the best. Having Ricoh as a partner wouldn't add a serious volume to the sales so there's no real reason to add them unless they start a concerted effort to gather more even more partners.

03-31-2016, 10:42 PM   #128
Pentaxian

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ua...18443451,d.dGY

I just read this on the Fuji forum, some interesting tooing and frooing
04-01-2016, 03:17 AM   #129
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ua...18443451,d.dGY

Pretty lousy article, although the size comparison photos are good.

There is no proof of his IBIS claim.

He had to show photos taken with and without SR to prove his point.
04-01-2016, 05:50 AM   #130
Pentaxian

True, the size comparison shows minimal or no advantage at all.
04-01-2016, 06:54 AM   #131
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote

Soo... a (now) Fuji fan claiming that buying a Sony mirrorless was a "fatal" mistake? Did he die because of it?
And Pentax including their best SR system on the K-1, "as a marketing ploy". Yeah, sure. We have full frame and in-body stabilization working with every lens. They don't. It's as simple as that.

---------- Post added 01-04-16 at 04:56 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
True, the size comparison shows minimal or no advantage at all.
I noticed he didn't compare the A7 with the X-pro1/2
04-02-2016, 02:33 PM   #132
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
Right now Sony's FF mirrorless has no real direct competitor in that segment of the market. Any company that makes a move on it now and is prepared to fight could do very well out of it, but I can't see Ricoh doing that. Add another mount/lens range in addition to the Q, 645, APS-C and FF K?

A m4/3-style collaboration with the X mount would be great but Fuji don't stand to win much by it. Their cameras are very good, though much less solid than Pentax's DSLRs and their lenses, despite being available for only a short time, are reputed to be among the best of the best. Having Ricoh as a partner wouldn't add a serious volume to the sales so there's no real reason to add them unless they start a concerted effort to gather more even more partners.

And right now Fuji's APS-C mirrorless system has no competition in that market segment either. Fuji has nothing to gain by partnering with Ricoh. And as Fuji's sales have seen a 300% increase over 5 years, during which time everyone else has seen a marked downturn in the market, why would they partner with anyone? Fuji just needs to keep doing what they are doing. Everyday, more and more people realize they hit the sweet spot on many levels.
04-02-2016, 02:56 PM   #133
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Qwntm Quote
And right now Fuji's APS-C mirrorless system has no competition in that market segment either. Fuji has nothing to gain by partnering with Ricoh. And as Fuji's sales have seen a 300% increase over 5 years, during which time everyone else has seen a marked downturn in the market, why would they partner with anyone? Fuji just needs to keep doing what they are doing. Everyday, more and more people realize they hit the sweet spot on many levels.
But if I remember well (hope I'm wrong), Fuji isn't exactly making so much money. Investors only care about the latter though...
04-02-2016, 03:03 PM   #134
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Qwntm Quote
What Fuji did in the past several years indeed is very successful. Lot of APS-C specific lenses are delivered. Their APS-C lens line-up is close to finish and has exceeded Pentax APS-C line-up apparently.
04-02-2016, 03:35 PM   #135
Pentaxian

Fuji, perhaps, made the same mistake as Olympus did back in 2003: cutting their option of a larger sensor. Sure, their marketing is working very, very hard to transform that into an advantage... but on the long term, this might hurt.
So before saying that Fujifilm is a hands down winner, consider the most glaring omission from their APS-C range: an upgrade path

P.S. I'm glad they're selling better now; not long ago, Pentax used to beat them - in Japan - with the Q.