Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2016, 12:35 PM   #151
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: America's First Wilderness
Posts: 361
This is the most pointless and yet intriguing thread ever.

I don't watch reality TV, but I might start if this is what it's like.



04-08-2016, 12:45 PM   #152
Site Supporter
jatrax's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,770
QuoteOriginally posted by Mountain Vision Quote
This is the most pointless and yet intriguing thread ever.
The good parts are good, nice interesting lens. The hard part is (as always) sifting through the trash to find the interesting parts....................
04-08-2016, 02:16 PM   #153
Pentaxian
Mistral75's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Paris
Posts: 2,990
QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
Wow, imagine all the links companies like Wallmark must have with Coca Cola, Intel, Canon with the hundred thousand article they distribute... Should we deduce they have the knowledge to design processor, build computer, cameras and know the secret ingredient of coca cola because their distribute their products?

(...)
Sometimes on should think twice before writing.

Walmart (that's the way it's written) is a retail corporation that operates stores in which a large variety of products with many different brands are sold.

Delta is the exclusive distributor of Samyang in Poland ('importateur-grossiste' in French). They buy directly from Samyang Korea, in the framework of a long-term agreement with an exclusivity clause, and sell to retailers. They also happen to manage the samyang.pl website.

Quite a closer relation to Samyang than that of Walmart to Coca Cola or Intel, don't you think?
04-08-2016, 02:34 PM   #154
Veteran Member
i5_david's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 332
15mm is really wide on a FF


Last edited by i5_david; 05-02-2016 at 12:13 PM.
04-08-2016, 04:19 PM   #155
Pentaxian
Mistral75's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Paris
Posts: 2,990
QuoteOriginally posted by geko5766 Quote
Hello,

I was in my photo-shop yesterday .
They told me that IRIS is working together with Leitz Lenses.
Is this only a low-budget then?

Best
Georg
Hi Georg,

There is no such thing as "Leitz lenses" any more. The former Leitz Wetzlar company was split into four companies that today share the Leica brand:

- Leica Camera AG (odd name when one remembers that Leica comes from Leitz Cameras), a manufacturer of analog and digital cameras for consumer and professional applications Leica Camera AG

- Leica Microsystems, a a world leader in providing innovative microscopy, camera and software solutions for imaging and analysis of macro-, micro- and nanostructures http://www.leica-microsystems.com

- Leica Biosystems Nussloch GmbH, which offers products for each histology step and high-productivity workflow solutions for the entire laboratory Histology and Anatomical Pathology Workflow Solutions: Leica Biosystems

- and Leica Geosystems AG, subsidiary of Hexagon AB, a leading developer, manufacturer and distributor of products, systems and software that capture, visualize and process 3D spatial data through the employment of advanced technologies Leica Geosystems
04-09-2016, 02:41 AM   #156
Pentaxian




Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 4,703
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Sometimes on should think twice before writing.

Walmart (that's the way it's written) is a retail corporation that operates stores in which a large variety of products with many different brands are sold.

Delta is the exclusive distributor of Samyang in Poland ('importateur-grossiste' in French). They buy directly from Samyang Korea, in the framework of a long-term agreement with an exclusivity clause, and sell to retailers. They also happen to manage the samyang.pl website.

Quite a closer relation to Samyang than that of Walmart to Coca Cola or Intel, don't you think?
You can be sure Wallmart buy directly from Coca Cola. The thing is Wallmart is likely more important to coca cola than whole poland is to Samyang. After all Coca cola has mre than 40% of market share of soft beverage in US and wallmart is their biggest client here. It is likely their biggest client worldwide.

You want to explain the distributor of Samyang in poland is like something wonderfull... Samyang a small company and poland a small country.

Again the problem of all of this isn't that this is right or wrong is that we have no clue. One has not a single proof, one know nothing of it... but because the guys have a relation with Samyang they must work with them to design and manufacture the thing.

Some other say they work with leica... Maybe they even work with both for all we know or with totally different companies.

To me Irix is as likely to work with Samyang as they are likely to view them as competitors and simply want a bigger share of the cake and get Samyang margin in their own pocket. By having their own lenses for sale instead of being just a step in the retail chain for Samyang, they can achieve that and in the end they may want to leverage their relation with Samyang to have them as their manufacturer or on the contrary, learn from them to make their independant business.

Last edited by Nicolas06; 04-09-2016 at 02:49 AM.
04-09-2016, 05:38 AM - 1 Like   #157
Pentaxian
Mistral75's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Paris
Posts: 2,990
QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
(...)

You want to explain the distributor of Samyang in Poland is like something wonderful...

(...)
Do I? Where did I write something even remotely close to that?

QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
(...)

Samyang a small company and Poland a small country..

(...)
Right. Among the 28 members states of the European union, Poland is only the 6th largest, be it by area or population. A dwarf, so to speak.

Besides, Polish people have a high enough purchasing power to be only interested in OEM or Zeiss lenses and definitely not in inexpensive alternatives like the ones offered by Samyang.

So Poland is of very little interest to Samyang and their Polish distributor (and former European importer until 2014) is just another average Joe they don't care about. Likewise, being the Polish Samyang distributor is of little interest to Delta and loosing the Samyang 'card' wouldn't harm their income statement.

QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
(...)

because the guys have a relation with Samyang they must work with them to design and manufacture the thing.

(...)
You wrote that. I did not. I simply wrote that there is an indirect link between Irix and Samyang: Hubert Grzegorz Adamczyk. Period. Then you went ballistic with Walmart, Coca Cola, Intel, Canon and more.

QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
(...)

Some other say they work with Leica... Maybe they even work with both for all we know or with totally different companies.
(...)
Considering that their motto is
QuoteOriginally posted by Irix Lens:
Swiss precision and Korean ingenious solutions make a powerful mix.
I wonder whether Leica is Swiss or Korean?

QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
(...)

To me Irix is as likely to work with Samyang as they are likely to view them as competitors and simply want a bigger share of the cake and get Samyang margin in their own pocket. By having their own lenses for sale instead of being just a step in the retail chain for Samyang, they can achieve that and in the end they may want to leverage their relation with Samyang to have them as their manufacturer or on the contrary, learn from them to make their independent business.

(...)
To me Samyang and Delta have too many common interests for Hubert Grzegorz Adamczyk to launch himself into the Irix venture without requesting the prior green light from Samyang and probably their assistance in finding the right Korean players to partner with, be they, apart from Samyang themselves, suppliers to Samyang or third parties not specifically involved with Samyang.

And I wish you a very nice weekend.
04-09-2016, 08:22 AM   #158
Pentaxian




Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 4,703
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Right. Among the 28 members states of the European union, Poland is only the 6th largest, be it by area or population. A dwarf, so to speak.
Poland is 0.5% of worldwide surface, 0.5% of wordwide population and 0.6% of worldwide gross product. If you sell worldwide, this is not a big market. So to me for a Korean company, this is not a key area except if you have particular links with that country. France, my country isn't a big market neither. Whole Europe, US or China are big markets.

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
So Poland is of very little interest to Samyang and their Polish distributor (and former European importer until 2014) is just another average Joe they don't care about. Likewise, being the Polish Samyang distributor is of little interest to Delta and loosing the Samyang 'card' wouldn't harm their income statement.
You are ironic, but this could be taken as face value, in particular when you just lost europe market and retain only your own country that is only 3% of the europe gross product. You almost lost everything. Look like the relations with Samyang may not be as great as they could be.


QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
To me Samyang and Delta have too many common interests for Hubert Grzegorz Adamczyk to launch himself into the Irix venture without requesting the prior green light from Samyang and probably their assistance in finding the right Korean players to partner with, be they, apart from Samyang themselves, suppliers to Samyang or third parties not specifically involved with Samyang.
Maybe, maybe not at this point we have no idea.

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
And I wish you a very nice weekend.
You too.

04-09-2016, 08:24 AM - 1 Like   #159
Pentaxian
FantasticMrFox's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Scotland
Posts: 2,119
Irix have stated that their lenses are not manufactured by Samyang - is that not enough? Do people really think they would publicly lie, just to be embarrassed later when someone actually stumbles across evidence that it is manufactured by Samyang?

All we have so far is some far-fetched link that the chairman used to be a big importer of Saymang lenses in Poland, and some people immediately take it as evidence that Irix will sell Samyang designs.
04-09-2016, 09:07 AM   #160
Pentaxian




Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 4,703
QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
Irix have stated that their lenses are not manufactured by Samyang - is that not enough? Do people really think they would publicly lie, just to be embarrassed later when someone actually stumbles across evidence that it is manufactured by Samyang?

All we have so far is some far-fetched link that the chairman used to be a big importer of Saymang lenses in Poland, and some people immediately take it as evidence that Irix will sell Samyang designs.
That the way the human brain work. we don't have time to process all the information available or even to aquire it. We need to take shortcut and that why there are reasoning like that here.

Truth if for now, we have no idea.

And to be honest, what is important is if you care of the lens, like it or not, the pictures you'll be able to take with it...
04-09-2016, 11:37 AM   #161
Veteran Member
i5_david's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 332
Exciting is if the lens makes good, sharp undistorted photographs.... I don't give a damn if it is a samyang or not.
so we need to wait for some real life shots to evaluate.

Last edited by i5_david; 04-09-2016 at 12:37 PM. Reason: argl..... this autocorrection is killing me
04-09-2016, 12:04 PM   #162
Pentaxian
FantasticMrFox's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Scotland
Posts: 2,119
Something I am curious about is when we'll see the Pentax version. It is listed in their press release alongside Canon and Nikon, but the weight is only given for Canon and Nikon and in one interview a rep said "We have a Canon version, a Nikon version, and we might be working on something Sony, something Pentax ..." And asked about the release date they said that they plan to release the Canon and Nikon version in spring, but there was no mention of the Pentax version.

So I'd assume the Pentax will be coming at least a bit later.
04-09-2016, 12:40 PM   #163
Veteran Member
i5_david's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 332
Mr Fox, read again here:
Irix 15mm f/2.4 lens EU pricing announced | Photo Rumors

this is their press release:

QuoteQuote:
Recommended retail prices are:
695 EUR for Irix Blackstone
475 EUR for Irix Firefly
Both versions will be available for Canon EF, Nikon F and Pentax K mounts.
Something Pentax!!!! FTW
I think we will see the pentax version in the same timeframe... don't believe we have to wait the half year to see it come to K-mount
04-09-2016, 12:58 PM   #164
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Gladys, Virginia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 16,213
QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
Something I am curious about is when we'll see the Pentax version. It is listed in their press release alongside Canon and Nikon, but the weight is only given for Canon and Nikon and in one interview a rep said "We have a Canon version, a Nikon version, and we might be working on something Sony, something Pentax ..." And asked about the release date they said that they plan to release the Canon and Nikon version in spring, but there was no mention of the Pentax version.

So I'd assume the Pentax will be coming at least a bit later.
There probably isn't much point in releasing a Sony version, since any one of these would be able to be mounted on a Sony camera with the use of an adapter and it is a manual focus only lens.

All the stewing about who is the "real" maker of this lens, in this thread, is pretty silly. Who cares if Samyang or someone else manufactures it? The question is more how good the lens design and coatings are and whether it is produced with tight specifications.
04-09-2016, 01:14 PM   #165
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tumbleweed, Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,107
Essentially with this 15/f2.4 when coupled with the K1 full frame sensor, which will give an effective 1 stop advantage, this combination should be the equivalent (I know there is that "word" again) to the f1.8 (as with the cropped Sigma 18-35/f1.8 lens on a K3/5).

For the wide end of the Pentax full frame wide angle 15-30/f2.8, this should be a pretty good stop measure or interim solution.

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
15mm, aperture, astrophoto, bit, build, distortion, edges, f2.4, f2.8-4, fb, ff, irix, irix 15mm, k-mount, ka, landscapes, length, lens, mm, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, pp, price, samyang, tamron, weather, web site, yep
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pentax Full Frame to Support All K-mount Lenses PF Staff Homepage & Official Pentax News 14 08-23-2017 02:06 PM
For Sale - Sold: Tamron 28-75mm 2.8 Full Frame K Mount EricBrown Sold Items 6 03-23-2016 06:58 AM
Full-frame standard budget zoom F mount? Wired Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 4 01-14-2014 06:21 AM
For Sale - Sold: Tamron SP 17-35mm f/2.8-4.0 (full frame) jimr-pdx Sold Items 3 07-01-2013 01:53 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:28 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top