Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-29-2016, 12:59 PM   #121
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
Ahem ... image if people would have reacted the same every time Pentax didn't update the FF teaser for a couple of days. They have announced when the thing will be released, is that not enough evidence that they will not just disappear?
I dont think so, i remember someone calling the K1 vapoware a few month after the announcement when theres no new info available.

03-29-2016, 01:11 PM   #122
Veteran Member

Found this video here: unfortunately there is no word about a pentax mount
03-29-2016, 01:19 PM   #123
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by i5_david Quote
Found this video here: unfortunately there is no word about a pentax mount
Interview with IRIX - new 15mm f/2.4 lens makers - YouTube
You can hear he say "pentax" right at the moment the other guys screms "Sony?... Yes" at 2.22-2.23
03-29-2016, 01:25 PM   #124
Veteran Member

oh you are right mate. the stupid sony-shouter undermined it. sony is so unnecessary since they can do every lens with any adapter on their machine.
Do you see a smile hushing over his swiss face, in the moment he says Pentax!?

03-29-2016, 01:43 PM   #125
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by i5_david Quote
oh you are right mate. the stupid sony-shouter undermined it. sony is so unnecessary since they can do every lens with any adapter on their machine.
Do you see a smile hushing over his swiss face, in the moment he says Pentax!?
I think is more a polite smile for being interrupted again with the sony version of the lens....

But i think is better for Sony owners to have the lens in the EF(?) mount, that way they can have the WR property that canbe lose with adapters...

For now im waiting to see the lens performance and price, if its good maybe i bought one for my upcoming K1 on K-mount... I just hope it come with "A" setting
03-30-2016, 01:06 PM   #126
Veteran Member

yep, there you are right, the WR thing would be neat for sony shooters.
Regarding your question to the A-Setting. I don't know if I get you right, but I read somewhere that they are enabling the lens with the option to fully control the lens via your camera except the focus. so I would say Auto Aperture, if thats it what you meant?
04-01-2016, 03:31 PM - 1 Like   #127
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Don't Mock...

You mock the neutrino coating, but think of this - it will add virtually NO weight to the lens!

And since the is little to no interaction between a neutrino and normal matter, it shouldn't negatively (or positively, for that matter) impact your images. But I suspect you will have to watch for unwanted swirl in your bokeh from its half-integral spin.

One thing that did catch my eye in their promo material was this statement:
"It is a perfect mixture of European design combined with Korean precision."
It used to be that when we talked of precision, the standard was the "precision of a Swiss watch". Now a Swiss company is bragging about Korean precision. Ah, how the world changes.
04-01-2016, 04:02 PM   #128
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by AggieDad Quote
You mock the neutrino coating, but think of this - it will add virtually NO weight to the lens!

And since the is little to no interaction between a neutrino and normal matter, it shouldn't negatively (or positively, for that matter) impact your images. But I suspect you will have to watch for unwanted swirl in your bokeh from its half-integral spin.

One thing that did catch my eye in their promo material was this statement:
"It is a perfect mixture of European design combined with Korean precision."
It used to be that when we talked of precision, the standard was the "precision of a Swiss watch". Now a Swiss company is bragging about Korean precision. Ah, how the world changes.
Probably designed in Korea too, by Samyang . . . manufactured by Samyang.

04-06-2016, 04:34 PM   #129
Tas
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pricing in EU for the 15/2.4 announced.

Irix 15mm f/2.4 lens EU pricing announced | Photo Rumors
04-06-2016, 06:51 PM   #130
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
Pricing in EU for the 15/2.4 announced.

Irix 15mm f/2.4 lens EU pricing announced | Photo Rumors
That means it should go for about $50 bucks in the U.S. Awesome!
04-06-2016, 07:24 PM   #131
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Driline Quote
Actually it's more than that. I just hope they make a 180mm macro so I won't have to admire the Sigma version and wish the Pentax 200mm F/4 macro wasn't so much money on the used market.
04-06-2016, 10:51 PM - 1 Like   #132
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by HopelessTogger Quote
Probably designed in Korea too, by Samyang . . . manufactured by Samyang.
Thinking that because they are made in Korea it must be manufactured by Samyang is like saying that because it come from Japan it must be Sigma.

This is condescending and naive.There 50 millions people in Korea, largely enough people to have more a lens maker or factory.

As the designed in Korea while they say switzerland, I don't get your point? You think they guy can't design anything but watches maybe?
04-07-2016, 01:06 AM   #133
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Driline Quote
You should get a new currency converter.
04-07-2016, 01:12 AM   #134
ogl
Pentaxian

695 EUR for Irix Blackstone
475 EUR for Irix Firefly
04-07-2016, 02:14 AM   #135
Veteran Member

wow, this is something!!! under 500€ for the firefly version will be a sure shot if the lens is good. thank for sharing!