Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 66 Likes Search this Thread
03-19-2016, 08:19 AM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sounds like the writers of their advertising copy had just come off a Star Trek-watching binge and forgot to change gears out of the 23rd Century.

03-19-2016, 08:41 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
Sounds like the writers of their advertising copy had just come off a Star Trek-watching binge and forgot to change gears out of the 23rd Century.
My thoughts exactly. Surely that Neutrino Coating was applied with a Tachyon Pulse.
03-19-2016, 08:54 AM   #18
Pentaxian

03-19-2016, 08:57 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jens Lyn IV Quote
Look promising; I wonder what it'll cost.

The website mentions electrical contacts, presumably this is KA-mount.

This is possibly the most egregious technobabble nonsense I've ever seen in a photo industry press release.
Means that the coating goes right through the lens!!

03-19-2016, 09:14 AM   #20
Veteran Member

I'm sure the engineers at Irix are cringing just as much as we are.

Engineer: "Neutrino Coating, Boss? You do know neutrinos don't interact with matter?(*) They wouldn't stick to the lens."
Boss: "Yeah, Ted in Marketing came up with that one. Sounds cool, eh?"

(*) Not strictly accurate, but close enough for the Boss's understanding.

Last edited by tvdtvdtvd; 03-19-2016 at 10:23 AM.
03-19-2016, 09:16 AM - 1 Like   #21
ogl
Banned

http://www.moneyhouse.ch/u/th_swiss_ag_CH-170.3.039.538-5.htm

Adamczyk Grzegorz Hubert , a Polish citizen, Krakow (PL), Chairman of the Board, with individual signature;
Frank Luke , from Turbenthal, Wil SG, Member of the Board, with individual signature.

TH Swiss AG in Baar, CHE 319 054 092, c / o LAUNCH OFFICE GmbH, Rathausstrasse 14, 6340 Baar, Aktiengesellschaft (new registration).
Statutes Date: 03.02.2015.
Purpose: development, production, sales and distribution of products in the field of photography;
whole purpose paraphrase statutes in accordance.
Share capital: CHF 100,000.00.
03-19-2016, 09:19 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
I'm sure the engineers at Irix are cringing just as much as we are.

Engineer: "Neutrino Coating, Boss? You do know neutrinos don't interact with matter?(*) They wouldn't stick to the lens."
Boss: "Yeah, Ted in Marketing came up with that one. Sounds cool, eh?"

(*) Note strictly accurate, but close enough for the Boss's understanding.
Yeah and, as I mentioned earlier, the coating will be some piece of work to make it hold to the lens surface !!
Nice looking lenses though !

03-19-2016, 09:40 AM   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
http://www.moneyhouse.ch/u/th_swiss_ag_CH-170.3.039.538-5.htm

Adamczyk Grzegorz Hubert , a Polish citizen, Krakow (PL), Chairman of the Board, with individual signature;
Frank Luke , from Turbenthal, Wil SG, Member of the Board, with individual signature.

TH Swiss AG in Baar, CHE 319 054 092, c / o LAUNCH OFFICE GmbH, Rathausstrasse 14, 6340 Baar, Aktiengesellschaft (new registration).
Statutes Date: 03.02.2015.
Purpose: development, production, sales and distribution of products in the field of photography;
whole purpose paraphrase statutes in accordance.
Share capital: CHF 100,000.00.
Launch Office GmbH is the modern equivalent of a P.O. Box:

https://www.launchswiss.com/

https://www.launchswiss.ch/fileadmin/pdf_files/preisliste_geschaftsadresse.pdf
03-19-2016, 12:12 PM   #24
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
No more stupid than Ultrasonic idiotic marketing we're used to.
03-19-2016, 12:28 PM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Pity there's no aperture ring. That bad boy would look awesome on my LX!
03-19-2016, 02:02 PM - 6 Likes   #26

So nice to see so many forum members taking the time to mock what they can about this rather than being excited or appreciative that a new entity is making a new lens in only 3 mounts, one of which is a Pentax K mount.
03-19-2016, 02:15 PM   #27
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by vaper Quote
So nice to see so many forum members taking the time to mock what they can about this rather than being excited or appreciative that a new entity is making a new lens in only 3 mounts, one of which is a Pentax K mount.
Pretentious marketing BS needs to be mocked. My concern, and probably that of others, is that we're potentially being blinded with science and fancy terms into buying a substandard product. Pentax improved its coatings and called them something sensible (HD) because they don't need to spin a fancy tale to sell their glass. This newbie lens is coming out with cool, whizbang nouns and adjectives grafted onto it, and that makes me wonder what's being hidden or over-promised.
03-19-2016, 02:29 PM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Pretentious marketing BS needs to be mocked. My concern, and probably that of others, is that we're potentially being blinded with science and fancy terms into buying a substandard product. Pentax improved its coatings and called them something sensible (HD) because they don't need to spin a fancy tale to sell their glass. This newbie lens is coming out with cool, whizbang nouns and adjectives grafted onto it, and that makes me wonder what's being hidden or over-promised.
And anybody who's owned a Samyang with focus calibration issues knows about 'Korean precision'...
03-19-2016, 02:39 PM   #29
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
No more stupid than Ultrasonic idiotic marketing we're used to.
Which particular product are you referring to here? {I wasn't aware of any K-mount lenses which use the name "ultrasonic"}
03-19-2016, 03:06 PM - 1 Like   #30

Since you (and others) are more than capable of identifying 'pretentious marketing BS', it's highly unlikely that there's even the slightest chance that you could be duped into buying a substandard product. Personally, I'd be open to waiting to see how the lens performs before dumping on their nouns and adjectives.