Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-19-2016, 03:11 PM   #31
rlatjsrud

It looks great. I hope them to make 85mm lens version.

03-19-2016, 06:29 PM   #32
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
And another article

Irix 15mm f/2.4 full frame lens for Nikon, Canon and Pentax mounts announced | Photo Rumors

Last edited by Tas; 03-19-2016 at 08:12 PM.
03-19-2016, 07:58 PM - 3 Likes   #33
Veteran Member

What's with all the negativity? I don't understand. For me, even if it's a small startup company - to think they opted to launch their product in K mount too - is a sign that they believe it's profitable in that area (otherwise, even if they just found K mount easy to make in, if there's no money in it, they'd just take the extra effort and go Sony, right?). I just hope the lens is a good performer.

Even those small accessories companies supporting Pentax cameras/system is something positive, expanding what one can do with our less-popular brand.

As for the marketing fluff, well, everybody does it (like how Pentax just chose the name "HD" as in high definition...), it's like a natural part of the product lol

anyway, is there a Samyang/Rokinon/Bower out there that has seals yet?

03-19-2016, 10:18 PM   #34
Pentaxian

Very good news indeed !

03-19-2016, 11:38 PM   #35
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

No negativity here. It looks like a great addition to our K-mount options.
However, while the lens might be weather sealed, I can't see an O-ring on the lens mount, so I'd like confirmation of that before shelling out.
03-19-2016, 11:53 PM - 1 Like   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
neutrino coating? really? come on.
They are working on boson coating.
03-19-2016, 11:54 PM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There's also 11mm f4 coming soon: 3rd picture

03-19-2016, 11:59 PM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
neutrino coating? really? come on.
They're the best for coating. It just takes a trillion years to get one to stick on the glass.
03-20-2016, 12:53 AM   #39
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote
What's with all the negativity? I don't understand. For me, even if it's a small startup company - to think they opted to launch their product in K mount too - is a sign that they believe it's profitable in that area (otherwise, even if they just found K mount easy to make in, if there's no money in it, they'd just take the extra effort and go Sony, right?). I just hope the lens is a good performer.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Irix have some Pentaxians. At least they think as Pentax/a pentaxian. Weather sealing, the filter window, K mount, focus calibration and fluorescent markings. Canon and Nikon mount for the money and K mount for their harts and hopes for the K-1.
03-20-2016, 12:55 AM   #40
Zav
Pentaxian

I would be curious to know if it's the old Samyang in a new shell
03-20-2016, 02:34 AM   #41
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Simen1 Quote
I wouldn’t be surprised if Irix have some Pentaxians. At least they think as Pentax/a pentaxian. Weather sealing, the filter window, K mount, focus calibration and fluorescent markings. Canon and Nikon mount for the money and K mount for their harts and hopes for the K-1.
This is a good thought honestly? No negativity here, I am really happy to see another third party K-Mount love. Can't wait to see the performance of this in real life photos and of course the price tag. The lens itself looks really cool. I like the design and typography on it. Thanks for sharing! When is this being released?
03-20-2016, 02:35 AM   #42
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Which particular product are you referring to here? {I wasn't aware of any K-mount lenses which use the name "ultrasonic"}
No k mount at all indeed.
Canon used the Ultrasonic marketing word for decades. Everybody's used to it but this is nonetheless one of the most "scam-like" marketing term used in the photo business.

Not that Pentax HD is anything else either.

Neutrino coating is laughable. But there are many others and there nobody takes time to mock them....
03-20-2016, 02:38 AM   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi

I am not going to mock the lens, it appears to be fine looking device. And it does look innovative. Just look at the filter door.

But I am going to mock "neutrino". Actually I am not even gong to mock this but rather setting the record straight.

Neutrino is a "blend word". A portmanteau word. It is of course of German origin made up from two words, namely: "Neu" meaning "new" and "Latrine" where the "La" was added to the front and the "o" got substituted with an "e" to make it sound a bit more techo and catchy.

Wikipedia explains it such: A pit latrine or pit toilet is a type of toilet that collects human feces in a hole in the ground.

Hope this will clear it up.

Cheers

Last edited by Schraubstock; 04-06-2016 at 03:10 AM.
03-20-2016, 02:57 AM   #44
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Zav Quote
I would be curious to know if it's the old Samyang in a new shell
Have Samyang ever had a 15mm f/2,4?

QuoteOriginally posted by i5_david Quote
When is this being released?
I read in one of the articles that it should become available in the spring 2016.
03-20-2016, 03:43 AM   #45
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Simen1 Quote

I read in one of the articles that it should become available in the spring 2016.
Which begins right now