Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 66 Likes Search this Thread
04-07-2016, 02:49 AM   #136
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Looks like an interesting lens to me. The question in my mind is how flare resistant it is. This is the big benefit that the DA 15 has over zooms that allow for 15-16mm focal length (and less distortion/smaller size).

I suppose it is understandable that people would compare this lens to the DA 15, but this lens would be considerably wider and considerably faster. No pocket lens here, but it should still be smaller than the 15-30 f2.8 zoom. There shouldn't be a need for auto focus on such a short focal length either, I wouldn't think. Looks really nice for astrophotography, in particular, assuming it performs pretty well near wide open.

I guess I'll wait a little while to see what Pentax comes up with. I was hoping for a little slower 20-ishmm lens for the K-1 (f4 would be fine) that would work well for landscapes and compare favorably to the DA 15.

04-07-2016, 02:52 AM   #137
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
That front filter size is remarkably huge. This will be strictly a full-frame thing; I can't see people putting aside their DA15s for this on APS-C, from practical size considerations if nothing else.
Weather sealed and f2.4, completely different lens than the 15mm... More like the DA 14mm.

04-07-2016, 04:56 AM   #138
Veteran Member

This is what makes this lens really exciting:
(Taken from their website)
Attached Images

04-07-2016, 08:18 AM   #139
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
Thinking that because they are made in Korea it must be manufactured by Samyang is like saying that because it come from Japan it must be Sigma.

This is condescending and naive.There 50 millions people in Korea, largely enough people to have more a lens maker or factory.

As the designed in Korea while they say switzerland, I don't get your point? You think they guy can't design anything but watches maybe?
Why are you getting your knickers in a twist over a f'ing lens?

04-07-2016, 12:02 PM   #140
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by HopelessTogger Quote
Why are you getting your knickers in a twist over a f'ing lens?
Don't care over the lens. I am just curious to see why several people want it to be made/designed by Samyang just because the country is the same. For me the argument doesn't make sense and again borderline so I wonder what is the interrest of people doing that...

So I ask you is there something to it or was plain shortcut reasoning like Koreans could not have another lens manufacturer than Samyang ? (While we know there at least Samsung and likely many others).
04-07-2016, 12:30 PM   #141
Veteran Member

Don't care over the lens. I am just curious to see why several people want it to be made/designed by Samyang just because the country is the same. For me the argument doesn't make sense and again borderline so I wonder what is the interrest of people doing that...

So I ask you is there something to it or was plain shortcut reasoning like Koreans could not have another lens manufacturer than Samyang ? (While we know there at least Samsung and likely many others).
I was on believing maybe Samyang want to made a higher brand, so made this Irix brand to sell new design... But Irix say this is not the case, ok then.

For the Samyang Manufacturing, well... why not? If Samyang provide the service, it could be cheaper for Irix the production of the glass, the assembling, tooling, etc... Tamron produce for Pentax and Nikon in OEM, why Samyang not?

Anyway, Irix say theyre unrelated from Samyang i dont know if is true or not, i will wait until the test of the lens and maybe purchase one.

04-07-2016, 11:48 PM - 1 Like   #142
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by virusn3t Quote
I was on believing maybe Samyang want to made a higher brand, so made this Irix brand to sell new design... But Irix say this is not the case, ok then.

For the Samyang Manufacturing, well... why not? If Samyang provide the service, it could be cheaper for Irix the production of the glass, the assembling, tooling, etc... Tamron produce for Pentax and Nikon in OEM, why Samyang not?

Anyway, Irix say theyre unrelated from Samyang i dont know if is true or not, i will wait until the test of the lens and maybe purchase one.
Actually there is a link between Irix and Samyang, even if an indirect one.

Hubert Grzegorz Adamczyk, the chairman and co-founder of the Swiss company 'TH Swiss AG' that stands behind the Irix lenses, is also the founder, owner and manager of a Polish company named Delta, which is the exclusive distributor of Samyang in Poland (and, incidentally, owns the e-retailer foto-tip).

04-08-2016, 12:52 AM   #143
Veteran Member

How did you turn my thoughts that this was probably a Samyang lens (because I think Samyang make superb lenses by the way) into a controversy over racial bigotry?
04-08-2016, 02:00 AM   #144
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello,

I was in my photo-shop yesterday .
They told me that IRIS is working together with Leitz Lenses.
Is this only a low-budget then?

Best
Georg
04-08-2016, 11:41 AM   #145
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Actually there is a link between Irix and Samyang, even if an indirect one.

Hubert Grzegorz Adamczyk, the chairman and co-founder of the Swiss company 'TH Swiss AG' that stands behind the Irix lenses, is also the founder, owner and manager of a Polish company named Delta, which is the exclusive distributor of Samyang in Poland (and, incidentally, owns the e-retailer foto-tip).
Wow, imagine all the links companies like Wallmark must have with Coca Cola, Intel, Canon with the hundred thousand article they distribute... Should we deduce they have the knowledge to design processor, build computer, cameras and know the secret ingredient of coca cola because their distribute their products?

Sure that being the distributor of Samyang the guy seen how well this kind of devices sold and got the idea to do the same. But other than that... it could have got some employees from Samyang or started a 100% new startup ... Who really know?
04-08-2016, 11:54 AM   #146
Veteran Member

Wow, imagine all the links companies like Wallmark must have with Coca Cola, Intel, Canon with the hundred thousand article they distribute... Should we deduce they have the knowledge to design processor, build computer, cameras and know the secret ingredient of coca cola because their distribute their products?

Sure that being the distributor of Samyang the guy seen how well this kind of devices sold and got the idea to do the same. But other than that... it could have got some employees from Samyang or started a 100% new startup ... Who really know?
Actually.... Yes! All big store have their Brand of bread, bottle water, cheap coke and other stuff, is really the same, you contract a third party to make a product and put your stickwr brand in it....

04-08-2016, 11:55 AM   #147
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by virusn3t Quote
Actually.... Yes! All big store have their Brand of bread, bottle water, cheap coke and other stuff, is really the same, you contract a third party to make a product and put your stickwr brand in it....
And so the fake coca cola is make by coca cola for Wallmart?
04-08-2016, 12:12 PM   #148
Veteran Member

And so the fake coca cola is make by coca cola for Wallmart?
Coca Cola dont bottle the coke by itself, they sold the concentrate that companies put in the bottle...

But anyway we arent talking about the product, only the bussines, if WalMart see profit in CocaCola they contract a third company to make their cheap brand, same as that guy who sell samyang and contract a third one to make their lenses and sell them beetwen their line of distribution.

04-08-2016, 12:30 PM   #149
Pentaxian

No mater who designed it, who purchased materials, who worked hard to polish it, to assemble it, to label it, to pack it, to carry it, ....
What's important is things YOU photogs will do with it !
04-08-2016, 12:31 PM - 1 Like   #150
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
No mater who designed it, who purchased materials, who worked hard to polish it, to assemble it, to label it, to pack it, to carry it, ....
What's important is things YOU photogs will do with it !
Let the troll be a troll, is a slow day in the office and im bored....