Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 52 Likes Search this Thread
04-07-2016, 06:27 PM   #136
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
It's elves..... the ones that make the pixie dust.
I hope their pixies are free-range ... I won't abide by abuse before they're pushed into the grinding wheel. Hope they lead satisfactory and fulfilling lives until their number is up.

04-07-2016, 06:53 PM   #137
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
Have you ever watched 'The Matrix'

It gets all very existential when you start thinking about it......
At the end of the day, thought, memory, emotion, perception - even the idea of The Matrix - is just brain chemistry, right?
04-07-2016, 06:55 PM   #138
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
At the end of the day, thought, memory, emotion, perception - even the idea of The Matrix - is just your brain chemicals, right?
If you say so. How would you know in that scenario.....
04-07-2016, 07:10 PM   #139
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
If you say so. How would you know in that scenario.....
I don't know how one is conscious of consciousness. Sort of like log-normal distribution of a random variable.

04-07-2016, 07:19 PM   #140
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I don't know how one is conscious of consciousness. Sort of like log-normal distribution of a random variable.
I am conscious that I enjoy using my Pentax gear, and especially my manual focus lenses, of which I potentially have far to many
04-07-2016, 08:19 PM   #141

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
I would be interested to have a link to The Camera Store K-1 "day" event !
Is there one out yet?
Thanks .

JP
It looked like this:

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Invitation: Pentax K-1 Demo Day
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 12:36:10 -0600

Hello,

We would like to invite you to stop by The Camera Store on Friday April 1st between 11AM-5PM for our Pentax K-1 Demo Day with Bill Gouge from Ricoh Imaging Canada. 

Drop by for your opportunity to get a pre-production K-1 in your hands and to ask Bill any questions you have about the new system. He will also be demoing a variety of new Pentax lenses including:

Pentax HD D FA 28-105mm f3.5-5.6 ED DC WR
Pentax HD D FA* 70-200mm f2.8 ED DC AW
Pentax HD D FA 150-450mm f4.5-5.6 ED DC AW
Pentax HD D FA 24-70mm f2.8 ED SDM WR

When: Friday April 1st, 2016 11AM - 5PM

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you,

-------------------
I didn't get a chance to go, but since I pre-ordered already it just means there was more room for everyone else...

(and yes I know you were probably hoping for a post-event report, with pics, as am I... )

Last edited by noser; 04-07-2016 at 08:25 PM.
04-08-2016, 05:41 PM   #142
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noser Quote
It looked like this:

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Invitation: Pentax K-1 Demo Day
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 12:36:10 -0600

Hello,

We would like to invite you to stop by The Camera Store on Friday April 1st between 11AM-5PM for our Pentax K-1 Demo Day with Bill Gouge from Ricoh Imaging Canada. 

Drop by for your opportunity to get a pre-production K-1 in your hands and to ask Bill any questions you have about the new system. He will also be demoing a variety of new Pentax lenses including:

Pentax HD D FA 28-105mm f3.5-5.6 ED DC WR
Pentax HD D FA* 70-200mm f2.8 ED DC AW
Pentax HD D FA 150-450mm f4.5-5.6 ED DC AW
Pentax HD D FA 24-70mm f2.8 ED SDM WR

When: Friday April 1st, 2016 11AM - 5PM

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you,

-------------------
I didn't get a chance to go, but since I pre-ordered already it just means there was more room for everyone else...

(and yes I know you were probably hoping for a post-event report, with pics, as am I... )
Thanks Noser.
I am looking forward to their (The Camera Store) "wrap up" of this session, hopefully with a video presentation and perhaps some of the invitees' pics!
JP

04-10-2016, 06:41 AM - 3 Likes   #143
farmerDavid

Salon Aventure et Plein Air

I went to the outdoor show in Montreal last Sunday and had a chance to play with the K-1. A Ricoh rep, Ms Paul Doré if I got it right, was there with a small counter and a ton of energy. He powersold two of those small rugged point and shoot and worked hard on a costumer about a 60-250 in the 20 min I spent drooling over the K-1. It is bigger then my K-7 but I like it. Taller with more space for all the fingers. The 28-105 is a small and light lens. It appears subjectively smaller on the K-1 than the 18-55 on the K-7. The DFA 24-70 is about the weight of my old A28-80 3.5-4.5 but bigger in diameter. It handles very well on the camera.
David
04-10-2016, 06:53 AM   #144
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Exactly. Most people just use a 'normal' sized flash and call it a day. But, for those upset over the loss of their beloved popup miniflash, it seems like it would be an interesting solution.
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
The big advantage of the pop up flash is it's "free" with the camera. So my guess is not many built in flash aficionados will pay 5 cents for it.
Not just the fact that it's "free" with the camera, but that it can serve as a wireless P-TTL controller -- unlike the oft-bundled AF-200FG; and I think that's the point that everyone is missing here (at least I don't recall seeing it mentioned so far in this thread). This is the only way I use my K-30's popup flash anymore; it sure beats paying upwards of $200 for a "normal"-sized flash that can do that.

If the $50 AF-200FG had wireless controller capability, like that small $50 Olympus flash does, the whole thing wouldn't be an issue.