Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-30-2016, 04:50 PM   #61
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I actually have 3 AF 200T flashes. Use them regularly with slave triggers. Simple, reliable. About $15 each.

03-30-2016, 04:50 PM - 4 Likes   #62
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
That is a really impressive first post.......................
What's even more impressive is that he's going Canon, one of their full frame DSLRs I presume... none of which has a built-in flash
03-30-2016, 04:54 PM   #63
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
What's even more impressive is that he's going Canon
Maybe it was a typo, he could have meant Konica. Oh, wait that won't work either......................
03-30-2016, 04:55 PM   #64
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
That is a really impressive first post.......................
It's impressive not only in its content, but in that it took a year and 8 months from joining the forum to make it.

03-30-2016, 05:31 PM   #65
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
It's impressive not only in its content, but in that it took a year and 8 months from joining the forum to make it.
Some folks are just slow starters. I'm sure now that he has that first post out there he is going to really take off.

Oh, wait he is going Canon.................. Never mind
03-30-2016, 05:47 PM - 1 Like   #66
mee
Veteran Member

Why are you guys making this out to be a 2 page gangland shanking? The guy won with his troll comment by the reaction he got out of all of you. Just ignore him and let's continue the K-1 discussion..
03-30-2016, 05:50 PM   #67
Veteran Member

He was unable to answer in the last 20 month, is flash was not working

03-30-2016, 06:15 PM - 1 Like   #68

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kp0c Quote
Out of curiosity, why do you buy it in Montreal rather than at the CameraStore, or any other "local" camera store? For me, I'd be tempted to buy it in your province and have it shipped in Quebec to pay a little less taxes. I do feel a little bit bad about doing this though.
I may have mis-read the thread - I thought it was referring to The Camera Store (the Calgary one). That's where my pre-order is. I used to work about 15 minutes walk from there. Now it's 15 minutes train+walk.

And FWIW I wouldn't feel singled out about ordering from them regardless of home province. The service they do the entire industry is worth giving them the business. I don't see that from Henry's or Vistek. In fact, both times I asked for the nicer Pentax products (i.e. Limiteds) at those stores I got the 'We look down our nose at your sh***y brand choices' attitude from them. So they can go suck on it.

---------- Post added 03-30-16 at 07:30 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by redrockcoulee Quote
I think the last time I was in the Camerastore the 645 and some Leicas were in the front counter. Pentax is the first brand on the right hand side which is probably less traffic than the left hand side but I thought either Canon or Nikon was on the same side as Pentax, Mine you the last time I was in there was only for chemicals so all the camera gear other than the used section was given a quick glance.
I always thought they gave Pentax a fair shake, and more or less they've always had the inventory to back it up. I can remember when the Q came out it was like they had kittens or bunnies on display they were so cute and everyone would gather round and make Ooooh Awwwe noises.

I'm pretty sure I can make it down on Friday afternoon if the office can hold it's beans in for a few hours. I might bring a lens with me; maybe the USSR Tair 135mm, which is scary-spooky-I-can-see-your-skin-cells-from-over-here-sharp.

Were there any outstanding questions on operation to remember to check out ? It's probably not 1.0 firmware, and the 'No SD Card' rule is probably still in effect, so it'll be be subjective.
03-30-2016, 06:31 PM   #69
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Why are you guys making this out to be a 2 page gangland shanking?
Boredom?

So we have seen reports of a number of these K-1 demo days in Canada. Has anyone seen any news of one in the US?
03-30-2016, 07:03 PM   #70
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Boredom?
Maybe!
03-30-2016, 07:07 PM - 2 Likes   #71
Pentaxian

Why are you guys making this out to be a 2 page gangland shanking? The guy won with his troll comment by the reaction he got out of all of you. Just ignore him and let's continue the K-1 discussion..
It's for our own amusement, it has nothing to do with him. Like a cat playing with the mouse that just wandered into his kitchen. It's not dead until we've killed it about 10 times.

Last edited by normhead; 03-30-2016 at 07:16 PM.
03-30-2016, 08:01 PM - 1 Like   #72
mee
Veteran Member

Strange, uncouth behavior to me.. if you're that bored, please step away from the computer keyboard.
03-30-2016, 08:04 PM   #73
Veteran Member

Why are you guys making this out to be a 2 page gangland shanking?
Why not?
We are on an internet forum after all...
03-30-2016, 08:19 PM   #74
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by noser Quote
I may have mis-read the thread - I thought it was referring to The Camera Store (the Calgary one). That's where my pre-order is. I used to work about 15 minutes walk from there. Now it's 15 minutes train+walk.

And FWIW I wouldn't feel singled out about ordering from them regardless of home province. The service they do the entire industry is worth giving them the business. I don't see that from Henry's or Vistek. In fact, both times I asked for the nicer Pentax products (i.e. Limiteds) at those stores I got the 'We look down our nose at your sh***y brand choices' attitude from them. So they can go suck on it.

---------- Post added 03-30-16 at 07:30 PM ----------

I always thought they gave Pentax a fair shake, and more or less they've always had the inventory to back it up. I can remember when the Q came out it was like they had kittens or bunnies on display they were so cute and everyone would gather round and make Ooooh Awwwe noises.

I'm pretty sure I can make it down on Friday afternoon if the office can hold it's beans in for a few hours. I might bring a lens with me; maybe the USSR Tair 135mm, which is scary-spooky-I-can-see-your-skin-cells-from-over-here-sharp.

Were there any outstanding questions on operation to remember to check out ? It's probably not 1.0 firmware, and the 'No SD Card' rule is probably still in effect, so it'll be be subjective.
We walked down to The Camera Store after lunch at the Chinese Cultural Center a few years back and Peter Gold (still have his card) showed us everything Pentax including the used lenses. Greatly impressed with the Calgary courtesy shown to two North Carolina us'uns. Display cases were filled!
03-31-2016, 04:50 AM   #75
Pentaxian

The guy won with his troll comment by the reaction he got out of all of you.
I'm not sure he did. Most trolls expect uncontrolled outrage and starting of fights; this one got belittled and laughed at. Ridicule is a powerful weapon.

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
It's for our own amusement, it has nothing to do with him. Like a cat playing with the mouse that just wandered into his kitchen. It's not dead until we've killed it about 10 times.
My thoughts exactly.