Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 52 Likes Search this Thread
04-01-2016, 01:07 PM - 1 Like   #91
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Back to Demo day info: I had it in hand in Toronto. Henrys Staff were ogling handling and playing with 15-30, 77, and 31. It's very nice. April 30 shipping was speculated.

04-01-2016, 03:00 PM   #92
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
These new lenses are *massive*.
Yes. Mounting the D-FA* 70-200mm on my K-3 makes it look like a toy. I went ahead and added the grip to my K-1 pre-order. Big glass.
04-01-2016, 03:22 PM   #93
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Are you living in a monastery?

We are champions of couth here.
ohhh.. I thought we were a teency bit more respectable than that here. Especially with the age group favoring the 50+ers rather heavily.

A post like that is like saying "Come play baseball." it's an invitation. Some of us like playing baseball, some of us don't. Are you getting all high and mighty on us, because you don't like baseball? Please, the goal of the forum is not to impose your sense of morality on the rest of us.
One you don't HAVE to meet. Uhm but I was unaware that not acting childish was 'high and mighty.'

Each of us deals with the incongruous in our own way. And to be honest, if the guy had come in here and asked " How do you guys deal with not having on board flash?" 15 people would have jumped in to help him. But he chose to make an extremely immature post that indicated an opinion so unthought out and immature that there was no decent starting point to converse.
Agreed. Yet you also had the opportunity to decide not to match immaturity with equal immaturity.

Right now, you are trolling on the same level he did.
How do you figure that? From your last statement (below) I'd say it's more likely the other way around..

It's really hard to come up with a cogent response to someone who claims their dumping a brand they've used 40 years because of a lack of on board flash.
You don't have to force one if there isn't one..

It's also really difficult to converse with a person who just called you uncouth.
Yet you did a lot of conversing with me using only a modicum of rudeness.

Is that why you identify with this dude?
And there is the rudeness. Or is that your attempt at trolling ME?
04-01-2016, 03:26 PM - 1 Like   #94
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Or is that your attempt at trolling ME?
Trolling mee?

04-01-2016, 03:29 PM   #95
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Trolling mee?
It appears so.
04-01-2016, 04:29 PM - 1 Like   #96
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Arrr......back to more OBF waffle. I would pay $100 at time of purchase to have a OBF version K-1. Thats because it would be of value to me. So I guess I'm not professional (a stupid meaningless term in my view.... other then to imply one earns ones living via a profession).

I use it on my K3 to add a little bit of light with a Rogue Safari Flash extender to shaded birds in trees (with DFA 150-450) and occasionally to take a holiday happy snap (I use my camera as a multi purpose image capuring machine). And no, I don't want to walk through the Australian bush for hours on end with a flash dangling from my cameras hotshoe.

Any way, have ordered a Flashless K-1 (and saved a $100....whoopee!) Birds in the bush are now doomed.

Last edited by noelpolar; 04-01-2016 at 04:36 PM.
04-01-2016, 04:31 PM   #97
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
Arrr......back to more OBF waffle. I would pay $100 at time of purchase to have a OBF version K-1. Thats because it would be of value to me. So I guess I'm not professional (a stupid meaniless term in my view.... other then to imply one earns ones living via a profession).

I use it on my K3 to add a little bit of light with a Rogue Safari Flash extender to shaded birds in trees (with DFA 150-450) and occasionally to take a holiday happy snap (I use my camera as a multi purpose image capuring machine). And no, I don't want to walk through the Australian bush for hours on end with a flash dangling from my cameras hotshoe.

Any way, have ordered a Flashless K-1.
too bad no one makes a micro sized flash.. roughly the size of the popup that would lay flat and actually popup when needed on the shoe. They could probably make a little lunch money.

04-01-2016, 04:35 PM   #98
Veteran Member

too bad no one makes a micro sized flash.. roughly the size of the popup that would lay flat and actually popup when needed on the shoe. They could probably make a little lunch money.
Nissin i40 might be worth a look.
04-01-2016, 05:21 PM - 1 Like   #99
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

too bad no one makes a micro sized flash..
What about that Metz 26?
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/125-flashes-lighting-studio/317761-metz-m...ming-soon.html
Metz mecablitz 26 AF-1 digital Flash MZ 2631293OPL B&H Photo
04-01-2016, 05:26 PM   #100
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by HopelessTogger Quote
Nissin i40 might be worth a look.
Those are both much larger than I was imagining. But probably far more useful.
04-03-2016, 08:17 AM   #101
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
What is a troll that lies quiet for 18 months before posting?
A bot. Programmed to register on a bunch of forums. Then months later used to disseminate a piece of information that is favorable to the bot's owner. If they manage to get one person out of a thousand to reconsider their opinion then it's a success. It may not seem like a success, but imagine that this bot is operating on hundreds if not thousands of camera forums and discussion groups and injecting thousands of comments into the discussion stream.

Remember, more than half of all Internet traffic is non-human.
04-03-2016, 08:43 AM   #102
Pentaxian

Are you human yourself? What evidence can you provide?
04-03-2016, 08:44 AM   #103
Pentaxian

ohhh.. I thought we were a teency bit more respectable than that here. Especially with the age group favoring the 50+ers rather heavily.

One you don't HAVE to meet. Uhm but I was unaware that not acting childish was 'high and mighty.'

Agreed. Yet you also had the opportunity to decide not to match immaturity with equal immaturity.

How do you figure that? From your last statement (below) I'd say it's more likely the other way around..

You don't have to force one if there isn't one..

Yet you did a lot of conversing with me using only a modicum of rudeness.

And there is the rudeness. Or is that your attempt at trolling ME?
Well aren't you just the model of decency. The hypocrisy astounds me. Perfect example of seeing the twig in someone else's eye but not the log in your own. I'm not claiming any type of maturity or any other thing else here. I'm just surprised you think you are.

It is not necessary for forum users to adhere to your ridiculous standards of what's couth and what isn't.

Last edited by normhead; 04-03-2016 at 09:05 AM.
04-03-2016, 08:50 AM   #104
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
A bot. Programmed to register on a bunch of forums. Then months later used to disseminate a piece of information that is favorable to the bot's owner. If they manage to get one person out of a thousand to reconsider their opinion then it's a success. It may not seem like a success, but imagine that this bot is operating on hundreds if not thousands of camera forums and discussion groups and injecting thousands of comments into the discussion stream. Remember, more than half of all Internet traffic is non-human.
There is something profoundly unsettling in that post......................
04-03-2016, 08:54 AM   #105
Veteran Member

Because the capacitor is big, so you'll need to have a reasonable size unit.