Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-13-2016, 08:03 PM - 1 Like   #136
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rlatjsrud Quote
For now, I guess leaf shutter will provide quite sound, much less vibration, and no moving parts in camera. Current mirrorless cameras are having issues with mechanical shutter because of its size and limitation. But Hasselblad solved this issue by using leaf shutter lens instead of mechanical shutter in body. It would be great to have an electronic shutter but they don't. Anyway, IT IS a game changer unless the price is cheaper. Leaf shutter is a brilliant idea for mirrorless camera.
Especially when paired with an electronic shutter as well:

10-13-2016, 09:09 PM   #137
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rlatjsrud Quote
Well, basically X1D use leaf shutter only. Yup, no focal plane shutter or electronic shutter. If you ever used leaf shutter lens, you will know how quite, less vib, and reliable it is. Leaf shutter is some what Leica M series that you can still take pics at 1/15. But we need to try the camera first cause this is just a speculation. I'm going to try that camera on next week so I can give you more clear answer about leaf shutter.
For now, I guess leaf shutter will provide quite sound, much less vibration, and no moving parts in camera. Current mirrorless cameras are having issues with mechanical shutter because of its size and limitation. But Hasselblad solved this issue by using leaf shutter lens instead of mechanical shutter in body. It would be great to have an electronic shutter but they don't. Anyway, IT IS a game changer unless the price is cheaper. Leaf shutter is a brilliant idea for mirrorless camera. But max shutter speed is 1/2000 which is quite bad. Hasselblad should've support iso from iso 25 or iso 12 due to the max shutter speed.
QuoteOriginally posted by lytrytyr Quote
Especially when paired with an electronic shutter as well:
The Pentax "Q" family provides both electronic shutter and leaf shutter. Part of my reason for valuing my Q-7 is its quiet shutter, and I have often suggested that Pentax should implement this technology on an APS-C MILC also.
10-13-2016, 11:05 PM   #138
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OK, like usual and in every rumor thread....

But this doesn't change the fact any cooperation between Fuji and Ricoh is just bold science fiction.

We have seen how Fuji was again attacking the medium format market, after trying depleting traditional SLR makers from their customers with it's over-marketed and over-priced X-mount system.

Time to close this chimeric thread.