Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
06-26-2016, 03:33 AM - 1 Like   #121
Pentaxian

The 645Z was tested, but they won't publish the results. It obtained a higher score (101 points) than the current #1.

06-26-2016, 05:38 AM   #122

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
The 645Z was tested, but they won't publish the results. It obtained a higher score (101 points) than the current #1.
It's really not surpring.
I've met in different circumstances 2 persons working at DXO in France.
One was a big pentax fan, he ended by buying my old K 85mm 1.8
The other one was one of their high ranked official. He encouraged me to leave Pentax.
06-26-2016, 05:42 AM - 2 Likes   #123
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Yeah Pentax is really a PITA for canonikony'ans. Better gear for lower prices so it's hard to justify your brand choice . Now if they just were to get up to speed with their AF tracking.
06-27-2016, 04:37 AM   #124
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by phat_bog Quote
It's really not surpring.
I've met in different circumstances 2 persons working at DXO in France.
One was a big pentax fan, he ended by buying my old K 85mm 1.8
The other one was one of their high ranked official. He encouraged me to leave Pentax.
Geez, that last guy sounds like a mafia guy: Listen ere guy, you betters get outa Pentax, or you'll be sleepin witd da fishes.

And if you don't leave Pentax ? Whats the reason he gave for leaving Pentax ? Is Pentax going the way of Samsung cameras ?

06-27-2016, 04:45 AM   #125
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by zoolander Quote
Is Pentax going the way of Samsung cameras ?
You mean they are stopping production without telling anyone to prepare for a massive come back some time in the future? The latter is of course only in the mind of the most hard core believers. The answer by the way is: No!
06-27-2016, 06:42 AM   #126
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rlatjsrud Quote
They removed 645z already from their site. So the test score is officially gone. 14.7 EV is not official DR also. Most of sites from google mentioned that 645Z has 14EV.
QuoteOriginally posted by zoolander Quote
The Hasselblad remains untested.
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
645Z too
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
DXO represent themselves as a "trusted industry standard" that provides "for establishing the most comprehensive reference database"....
QuoteQuote:
DxOMark is the trusted industry standard for camera and lens image quality measurements and ratings. For years we’ve been recognized for providing the most rigorous hardware testing, using industry-grade laboratory tools in our analysis, and for establishing the most comprehensive reference database using our thousands of camera and lens test results.
So, DXO - do you have any reliability? Where is your integrity? Are you dependable? Why should we have any trust in your "standards" and "image quality measurements", let alone your ratings?

You publish a rating and then remove it in the middle of the night? No explanation. Just - POOF! it's gone - as if it never was?How reliable is that? Trust is earned. Once trust is lost - it's nearly impossible to regain it.

QuoteQuote:
DxO Analyzer is the industry’s most complete, best-performing solution for measuring and benchmarking camera image quality, and the power behind the scores on DxOMark. DxO Analyzer is a complete system, including software, hardware, test protocols, and high-quality charts to ensure consistent, repeatable, operator-independent results.
By removing information on a camera that was tested by your vaulted - analysis testing process - it calls in to question your ability "to ensure consistent, repeatable, operator-independent results". If you are going to summarily recall one rating for one camera, why not recall all of them - if your process is truly "consistent, repeatable and operator-independent".

06-27-2016, 09:32 AM   #127
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

DXO still acknowledges the old results here:
Measurements: Excellent low noise levels - DxOMark

06-27-2016, 06:08 PM   #128
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
... but, you have to admit that is more than a bit cheesy. Making a reference to the 645z's evaluation in another camera's review, while removing the basic review and the data within the database for the Z. They did not even put out any indication as to the review being removed, or why - especially the why. That is not what a truly responsible testing organization does that purports itself to be an independent standards organization - publishing data or a broad set of cameras. Some times the data is there, some times its not there. Let's roll the dice to see if there are any numbers on the camera I am interested in.

That is what a fly by night group does, that has no ethics.

06-28-2016, 02:42 AM   #129

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote

No value given for 645Z in your link ... it has been "cleaned up" too.
06-28-2016, 05:02 AM   #130
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SylvainB Quote
No value given for 645Z in your link ... it has been "cleaned up" too.
Yet:
QuoteQuote:
In terms of rankings, only the Pentax 645Z with its physically larger 43.8 x 32.8mm CMOS sensor (nearly 1.7x the surface area of a full-frame 35mm sensor) is ahead by just over a half-stop in noise levels.
The score itself is gone but still present in the comments: 101
07-21-2016, 02:25 AM   #131
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Of course everyone is going to want to copy Pentax's brilliant design :P
That's great news to me, I used to love Fuji with Xtrans sensor, IMO it produces image far better than Pentax's at low light with correct color (ISO 6400+), but I hated the handling and menu design of Fuji, so I decided to stick with Pentax, but mirrorless is not my cup of tea.
10-13-2016, 05:36 PM   #132

I used to be a Pentax purist until the Fuji X100 came out. I liked to Leica retro design and the sensor design is still a game changer, Pentax along with everyone decided we didn't need a filter to prevent moire. A Fuji/Pentax combination of out of the box thinking is probably more hype than real but both camera companies should be appreciated for innovation.
10-13-2016, 08:03 PM - 1 Like   #133
Pentaxian

For now, I guess leaf shutter will provide quite sound, much less vibration, and no moving parts in camera. Current mirrorless cameras are having issues with mechanical shutter because of its size and limitation. But Hasselblad solved this issue by using leaf shutter lens instead of mechanical shutter in body. It would be great to have an electronic shutter but they don't. Anyway, IT IS a game changer unless the price is cheaper. Leaf shutter is a brilliant idea for mirrorless camera.
Especially when paired with an electronic shutter as well:

10-13-2016, 09:09 PM   #134
Pentaxian

Well, basically X1D use leaf shutter only. Yup, no focal plane shutter or electronic shutter. If you ever used leaf shutter lens, you will know how quite, less vib, and reliable it is. Leaf shutter is some what Leica M series that you can still take pics at 1/15. But we need to try the camera first cause this is just a speculation. I'm going to try that camera on next week so I can give you more clear answer about leaf shutter.
For now, I guess leaf shutter will provide quite sound, much less vibration, and no moving parts in camera. Current mirrorless cameras are having issues with mechanical shutter because of its size and limitation. But Hasselblad solved this issue by using leaf shutter lens instead of mechanical shutter in body. It would be great to have an electronic shutter but they don't. Anyway, IT IS a game changer unless the price is cheaper. Leaf shutter is a brilliant idea for mirrorless camera. But max shutter speed is 1/2000 which is quite bad. Hasselblad should've support iso from iso 25 or iso 12 due to the max shutter speed.
QuoteOriginally posted by lytrytyr Quote
Especially when paired with an electronic shutter as well:
The Pentax "Q" family provides both electronic shutter and leaf shutter. Part of my reason for valuing my Q-7 is its quiet shutter, and I have often suggested that Pentax should implement this technology on an APS-C MILC also.
10-13-2016, 11:05 PM   #135
Pentaxian

OK, like usual and in every rumor thread....

But this doesn't change the fact any cooperation between Fuji and Ricoh is just bold science fiction.

We have seen how Fuji was again attacking the medium format market, after trying depleting traditional SLR makers from their customers with it's over-marketed and over-priced X-mount system.

Time to close this chimeric thread.