Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2016, 11:58 AM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

Popular Photography advertising the K-1

My May 2016 edition of Popular Photography magazine was delivered today. I was impressed that Ricoh had shelled out money for the full page, outside back cover of the magazine, to run an excellent advert introducing the new K-1.

Then I opened the magazine and was astounded when I saw more Pentax advertising....an additional 2 pager...on the inside cover and first page.... as another advert for the new K-1.

I used to work in publishing, many years ago and the outside back cover and inside back cover and the first page...well these are the most expensive advertising pages in the majority of magazines.

Big bucks advertising...but I just hope that Pentax Ricoh continue advertising their line in the future. I tip my photo hat to Ricoh, for their advertising copy writing and product placement, in this popular photo magazine.

04-20-2016, 12:07 PM   #2

Sony has a 27-page special advertisement on the digital version (zinio). On the may 2016 and feb 2016 issue.

But i agree, pentax is marketing the k-1 as agressively as the 645z.
04-20-2016, 12:08 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There was some discussion that the ad was provided as part of winning the TIPA award. But regardless good to see a nice ad for Pentax in trade magazines.
04-20-2016, 12:08 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This topic is currently being discussed here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/137-photographic-industry-professionals/3...vertising.html

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

Closed Thread