Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2016, 06:28 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Digital Camera Utility 5 Update 5.5.1

WIN
Digital Camera Utility 5 Update for Macintosh : Software Downloads | RICOH IMAGING
MAC
Digital Camera Utility 5 Update for Windows : Software Downloads | RICOH IMAGING

04-27-2016, 06:33 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice to know that they are staying on top of things.
I haven't updated DCU5 since installed as V.5.0 when I bought the K3. Whether this would make any difference, no idea.
Thanks for sharing !
04-27-2016, 06:41 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Nice to know that they are staying on top of things.
I haven't updated DCU5 since installed as V.5.0 when I bought the K3. Whether this would make any difference, no idea.
Thanks for sharing !
The main difference is support for the new functions introduced in the K-S2 and K-3 II, such as clarity enhancement and pixel shift resolution. The K-1 introduces two new options, namely skin tone and adjustable strength clarity enhancement.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-27-2016, 06:48 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The main difference is support for the new functions introduced in the K-S2 and K-3 II, such as clarity enhancement and pixel shift resolution. The K-1 introduces two new options, namely skin tone and adjustable strength clarity enhancement.
Well then, no need to change something that's working.
Thanks for the reply!

04-28-2016, 05:23 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I got my K10D used and it came without any software. After visiting the Ricoh site it seems to me that I would have to get hold of the Photo Lab software that originally shipped with the camera and run through all its updates before I could install this update. Is it really worth all the effort?
04-28-2016, 05:41 AM   #6

[Main changes from Version 5.4.2]
  • Corresponded to PENTAX K-1
  • Added new lens name for
    [HD PENTAX-D FA 15-30mm F2.8 ED SDM WR].
    [HD PENTAX-D FA 28-105mm F3.5-5.6 ED DC WR]
  • Added image finish mode [Flat ] to the Custom Image.
  • Added [ON/OFF ] selection for the Motion Correction function of Pixel Shift Resolution System when developing the RAW- format files
[Corrections from previous Versions]
  • Corrected - When [Photo print] the JPEG images, the re-developed data has been always outputted to the printer.
  • Corrected - The wrong color has been made when re-developed JPEG images.
  • Corrected - The part of the image has been distorted as dot when develop the RAW format file of Pixel Shift Resolution system
  • Corrected – The malfunction such as break the preview image display has been occurred when adjust the parameter for dozens of files
  • Improved other general performance

Now you have to wait for Adobe, Microsoft and others to update the RAW handling for K-1.
04-30-2016, 10:30 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Fails to run on my computer, like all versions of DCU starting with the version delivered with the K3. The starting screen appears and vanischesm thats all

04-30-2016, 11:01 PM   #8

Did you delete the database file as I suggested? If the file is corrupt the software will likely lockup at startup.
04-30-2016, 11:28 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Did you delete the database file as I suggested? If the file is corrupt the software will likely lockup at startup.

If you mean " Users->username->Appdata->Local folder." i did it several times, files and / or folder(s). Before installing, after installing, before and after update to 5.5.1 allways the sam results. It looks like that it simply return after displaying the splash screen. Maybe some dll's are missing, Processexplorer, dependency walker, no results. No entries in the logs.
05-11-2016, 02:02 AM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by joergens.mi Quote
Fails to run on my computer, like all versions of DCU starting with the version delivered with the K3. The starting screen appears and vanishes, thats all
Did you save the installer on a device (e.g. USB key) named S-SW140 and install it from there? If not, you should give it a try.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/16-pentax-news-rumors/291634-dcu-5-3-1-up...ml#post3214045
05-11-2016, 05:46 AM   #11
Veteran Member

I've installed from the original disc provided by pentax starting with RICOH S-SW140 delivered with the K3, S-SW164 delivered with the K-1 updated to 5.5.1 from the pentax site.
05-21-2016, 09:46 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Forgive my ignorance. I've updated my software but how do use clarity enhancement with this software? I hope you guys can help.
05-21-2016, 09:54 PM   #13
Pentaxian

I couldn't find these two functions either (clarity enhancement and skin tones).
05-21-2016, 10:44 PM   #14
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
Forgive my ignorance. I've updated my software but how do use clarity enhancement with this software? I hope you guys can help.
I'm not seeing them after updating the software, either. In-camera only for now, I guess.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-04-2016, 11:29 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Reviving the thread for one question....

Where i can find the DCU5? the original version, not the updater from Ricoh's page, im trying to install the last version of the software on my laptop, who lack of CD reader, and i cant install the software from the CD included with the K1.... i download the software from the support page of Ricoh but it isnt the "complete" software just an update, and abort the instalation when the software dont find the DCU5.