Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-30-2016, 03:29 AM   #151
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's all very well, David, but if you wake up one morning surrounded by empty drink cans and covered in feathers, don't come crying to me.

07-30-2016, 11:06 AM   #152
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
if you wake up one morning surrounded by empty drink cans and covered in feathers, don't come crying to me
I will not.

I do miss the old Flickr. Back before Yahoo bought it, Flickr was better than anything we have today. Picasa was great, but the Google team in charge of it cut it off above and below the knees and the new Google Photos app is not usable. Flickr is still one of, if not the, best services (SmugMug might be better, I know a lot of people migrating to it, but I haven't yet, since I have 50,000 photos on Picasa). Let me clarify, I'm not saying Flickr is a bad service.
07-30-2016, 11:49 AM   #153
Loyal Site Supporter

The Sightseeing Screwmount thread uses an open Flickr Group because eventually most users' links to PF from their individual hosting sites will break.
07-31-2016, 11:53 PM - 1 Like   #154
Site Supporter

I vote for a Flickr group even though it might end up bust.. one place is better than many.

08-03-2016, 05:22 AM   #155
Site Supporter

Please add me to the list - donation posted. Pathdoc, are you close to St. John's? Perhaps we can arrange a handoff?

Figure we need to have a couple Newfoundlanders involved.
08-03-2016, 10:49 AM   #156
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Gareth.Ig Quote
Please add me to the list - donation posted. Pathdoc, are you close to St. John's? Perhaps we can arrange a handoff?

Figure we need to have a couple Newfoundlanders involved.
I am over 400km by road from St John's; PM me for exact details.
08-12-2016, 03:35 AM   #157

So is the camera lost in transit? Do we have any first photos? Has the war about where we post the pictures been settled?

These are all questions which we need to address, urgently
08-12-2016, 05:01 AM   #158
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by petrol_pyro Quote
So is the camera lost in transit? Do we have any first photos? Has the war about where we post the pictures been settled?

These are all questions which we need to address, urgently
The camera is boxed and ready to ship to the next user. Film is in transit, since Walgreens would give me prints and a CD but wouldn't return my negatives. My selcted images will link here from pbase, which is my host.

08-12-2016, 06:26 AM   #159
Site Supporter

Original Poster
And I plan to process mine this weekend... had to shoot another roll since I process films in pairs to save reagents. :-) I thought film was all about patience! :-D

We can post photos wherever the group wants, but I hope that some get posted in this thread to keep it alive. If someone wants to start a Flickr group, post the link here. Might want to regulate access, so we don't get strangers and ne'er-do-wells posting in there.

Cheers!
08-15-2016, 12:56 AM   #160
Site Supporter

Hi,

I went along and made a group. https://www.flickr.com/groups/3071210@N22/pool/

So, it's public but invite only and non-members see just the photos, hope this is ok. Also, it's marked safe so no raunchy photos please...
08-28-2016, 02:52 PM - 1 Like   #161
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hey guys! I finally got around to developing my short roll from the KTK1000, and posted them in the Flickr group. Here's my favorite shot of the bunch...

KC Live Block taken with the Kaptivating Traveling K1000 and Pentax-K 55/1.8 on Kentmere 400 by Jason Doss, on Flickr

Unfortunately, I ran out of frames before I made it to Union Station, or the City Market. I didn't realize my short roll was *that* short.

Anyway, I also want to report that I used my NEX-6 and a M50 Macro to scan these negatives. I think it does a significantly better job than the refurbished Epson V550 flatbed, so it'll probably appear on the Marketplace before too long.

Cheers!
JCD

PS: Where is the camera, anyways?
08-29-2016, 12:19 AM   #162
Site Supporter

Nice! And now we have the group rolling, if anyone can take a snap of the actual K1000 so the profile and banner can be updated.

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote

Anyway, I also want to report that I used my NEX-6 and a M50 Macro to scan these negatives.

SideQ: How does this set up look like, want to try something like that but have not yet figured out the optimal solution for me.
08-29-2016, 05:41 AM   #163
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by nomolas Quote
if anyone can take a snap of the actual K1000 so the profile and banner can be updated
I added it to the group.

---------- Post added Aug 29th, 2016 at 06:44 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by nomolas Quote
How does this set up look like, want to try something like that but have not yet figured out the optimal solution for me.
I mounted the NEX to a regular size Gorillapod, put the adapter and M50 + Raynox on (it needed the Raynox to fill the frame, but it can work OK without an attachment). I put a long lens hood on, all pointed straight down. I used my phone as backlighting with an app called White Screen or something like that. I used a second, larger and wider lens hood to (a) hold the film flat, and (b) serve as a light shield, and (c) help manipulate the negative so it will match the frame. It worked fairly well, although I discovered I'll need a bubble level to make it work really nicely. I wish I had taken a photo of the setup yesterday... sorry I forgot to do that.
08-29-2016, 01:44 PM   #164
sbh
Site Supporter

Hey guys! I finally got around to developing my short roll from the KTK1000, and posted them in the Flickr group. Here's my favorite shot of the bunch...

KC Live Block taken with the Kaptivating Traveling K1000 and Pentax-K 55/1.8 on Kentmere 400 by Jason Doss, on Flickr

Unfortunately, I ran out of frames before I made it to Union Station, or the City Market. I didn't realize my short roll was *that* short.

Anyway, I also want to report that I used my NEX-6 and a M50 Macro to scan these negatives. I think it does a significantly better job than the refurbished Epson V550 flatbed, so it'll probably appear on the Marketplace before too long.

Cheers!
JCD

PS: Where is the camera, anyways?
Nice!
Afaik I'm next on the list and it should arrive soon, coming from monochrome.
There should be some actual photos of the K1000 in this thread. I want to try some dark style product shots of it if I'll find some time for that.
08-30-2016, 12:26 AM   #165
Site Supporter

I added it to the group.

---------- Post added Aug 29th, 2016 at 06:44 AM ----------

I mounted the NEX to a regular size Gorillapod, put the adapter and M50 + Raynox on (it needed the Raynox to fill the frame, but it can work OK without an attachment). I put a long lens hood on, all pointed straight down. I used my phone as backlighting with an app called White Screen or something like that. I used a second, larger and wider lens hood to (a) hold the film flat, and (b) serve as a light shield, and (c) help manipulate the negative so it will match the frame. It worked fairly well, although I discovered I'll need a bubble level to make it work really nicely. I wish I had taken a photo of the setup yesterday... sorry I forgot to do that.
Thank You! Made it cover and profile.

And thank you for the description of the set up, I tried to scan negatives from my photo marathon with my simple scanner and not happy, so I'll try this.

If anyone like to add pictures of the K1000 while it's in you possesion, please do that to the group.