Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-30-2017, 01:02 AM   #256
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi guys have had the k1000 for about a week. It's been great fun to play with and really brings photography back to the basics.

Quick dilemma thought - I'm going on a 3 week holiday to Sweden at the end of the week, and haven't finished my first roll of film.

What does the collective think? Is it ok for me take it with me on the drip and send to the next person when I get back?

05-30-2017, 01:48 AM - 1 Like   #257

Ok by me. It will take a long time to get through the list, 3 weeks looks ok. You will have to compensate with nice pictures!
05-30-2017, 05:40 AM - 1 Like   #258
Forum Member

Thanks mate. Some photos of svensk midsommar will be here shortly!
05-30-2017, 03:24 PM   #259
Veteran Member

I'm okay with it being mailed after your trip. I think it would be fun to have photos of the traveling K1000 traveling.

05-30-2017, 04:38 PM - 1 Like   #260
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is turning out to be a great thing passing a camera around from member to member, one town or city to the next, one country to another, one continent and then the next. What a great way to forge friendships among fellow photographers.

Some great photos shared in this thread too, nice work everyone.

Checked out the Flickr group, some great shots there, but only two of you have posted there. I look forward to seeing more, so those of you who have had the camera, get that film processed and share!
05-31-2017, 01:37 PM   #261
Veteran Member

Ok by me!

05-31-2017, 08:58 PM   #262
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by K David Quote
Fair enough. Flickr has 112 million registered users (that stat is a year old, but nothing newer is available.) One million photos are shared each day on Flickr. 10 billion photos are online on Flickr.

Number of photos on Facebook: 250 billion. Number of photos uploaded to Facebook each day: 350 million. Number of Facebook users: 1.15 billion. Average number of photos uploaded by each Facebook each year: 217.
Impressive numbers.

Of course the uploads to Faceplant are only those of the very highest quality.

And consider that not everyone is on Faceplant.

I know, the world at large would have us believe that indeed every man, woman and child has an account, but no. I do not have a Faceplant account, nor do I ever see myself signing up. I mean, look at how tough it would be for me to gain acceptance for the photographs I make with my Pentax camera?

I can't compete with the stuff they have there.

Never come close.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the way, I just came across this review from c|net in 2015: Flickr, Google Photos, Photobucket and iCloud: Which photo storage app is right for you? - CNET

I don't think we have anything to worry about.

06-01-2017, 12:37 PM   #263
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
By the way, I just came across this review from c|net in 2015: Flickr, Google Photos, Photobucket and iCloud: Which photo storage app is right for you? - CNET

I don't think we have anything to worry about.
We'll know in the next few months, after the deal closes later this month, what plans Verizon has for Oath (the anticipated name for the company that will be formed by the scraps of Yahoo and AOL) and what they plan to keep and drop. We won't have to wait long, I don't think, to find out the future. The Flickr TOS are being automatically updated for all existing users on June 8 to reflect the company's new name (Yahoo Holdings, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Verizon). The big question is how much the pending merger with the AOL properties will cause an internal cultural conflict and whether, as happened when Tumblr was operationally merged with Yahoo, the existing staff to leave in droves, hampering product value. But, as long as the Yahoo properties meet profit objectives and can provide a good venue for advertising (Verizon's real end game with the acquisition,) Verizon will probably leave them alone. So it comes down to whether or not Verizon sees value in a property that grosses around $55 million (assumed, Yhoo's annual statements don't break out revenue by property) per year against operating costs that aren't significantly lower (30+ person team, huge server banks, large bandwidth requirements...)
06-09-2017, 01:28 AM   #264
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by petrol_pyro Quote
Thanks mate. Some photos of svensk midsommar will be here shortly!
But, where in Sweden? It might could be so we could say Hi in person
06-24-2017, 09:40 PM   #265
Veteran Member

I'm going on a 3 week holiday to Sweden at the end of the week
How was the Sweden trip? (Not sure if you're still there or not.)
06-28-2017, 06:45 AM - 1 Like   #266
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by K David Quote
How was the Sweden trip? (Not sure if you're still there or not.)
Landed back in Australia on Tuesday. I've got a few frames to shoot of this weekend but then ready to hand the toy on - although I want to keep it! The sparsity of film and manual settings make you think about every aspect of the shot before you make the critical and irreversible decision to open the shutter. Very different from digital which incentives spraying shots at everything
06-29-2017, 02:34 PM   #267
Pentaxian

Original Poster
.....sparsity of film and manual settings make you think about every aspect of the shot.....
That's part of the fun,, isn't it? :-)
07-02-2017, 04:19 PM   #268
Veteran Member

Landed back in Australia on Tuesday. I've got a few frames to shoot of this weekend but then ready to hand the toy on - although I want to keep it! The sparsity of film and manual settings make you think about every aspect of the shot before you make the critical and irreversible decision to open the shutter. Very different from digital which incentives spraying shots at everything
tell me about it ,lol..
07-27-2017, 04:34 AM   #269
Forum Member

Ready for the next guy! Who's next.
07-27-2017, 10:13 PM   #270
Veteran Member

Ready for the next guy! Who's next.
kp0c in California, I think.