-sbh
-robbie c
-monochrome
-mconwxdr
-mamethot
-K David
-Enigmatica
-gorme
Adam, as Robbiec and I are both living in Ireland (at roughly 3 hours of bus) the plan was to be together on the list, and even kp0c is fine with waiting 2 more weeks

05-06-2016, 06:07 AM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
In! I donated via the link.
Great idea, love it!

Last edited by Rense; 05-06-2016 at 06:12 AM.
05-06-2016, 06:33 AM   #33
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Hi guys!

Adam is keeping track of donations, and from the looks of it, we have more than enough to send the camera to Eric.
I have received the camera, and will prepare it for a trip to Knoxville... hopefully it will shove off today or (more likely) tomorrow.

We have lots of time before it will go out to the first recipient anyway, so be patient! That's what shooting film is all about anyway, so I probably don't even have to say. :-)

When I do ship, I'll adorn the camera with an everready case and an OpTech wrist strap. As far as packaging, let's try and re-use the same box and fortify it as the packaging wears out. Bubble wrap and packing paper should be sufficient, but the box may need refreshment every few trips.

Here is my proposed itinerary...

---edited---

Last edited by jcdoss; 05-12-2016 at 08:43 AM.
05-06-2016, 07:54 AM   #34

Sounds good to me, lets see what others have to say

05-06-2016, 08:52 AM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When the K1000 is in Ireland, perhaps you could hitchhike to pubs around the country, and let people buy drinks in honor of it? I think someone did that already with a small refrigerator. Could make for some good pub-portraiture.
05-06-2016, 02:05 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Only a minor complaint

As the third to donate I hope I don't end up being the umpteenth in line to receive given the lowly ranked continent of Australia. I can only imagine the US and European ranks will swell ahead of the earth's lowly populated underbelly ..... 'downunder'
05-06-2016, 04:46 PM   #37
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Wild Mark Quote
As the third to donate I hope I don't end up being the umpteenth in line to receive given the lowly ranked continent of Australia. I can only imagine the US and European ranks will swell ahead of the earth's lowly populated underbelly ..... 'downunder'
It may make more sense to send it to Australia before Europe for the reason that more people from Europe are likely to join in and that gives some added time for some late entrants from Europe to get their names in.

05-06-2016, 05:08 PM   #38
sbh
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Sounds reasonable. However, as Mark said, Australians could be pushed down a lot if more US and EU people join the list.

How about doing pairs in each region? By that the costs could be reduced a bit while still keeping roughly the original order. (The second US goes after the first US, the second EU goes after the first US, the second AU goes after the first AU. Whoever signed up first. I hope I'm not embarrassing myself with some obvious logical error here... ) Also, the chaos of traveling wildly across the globe has it's charm – me thinking.

Last edited by sbh; 05-07-2016 at 02:01 PM.
05-06-2016, 05:08 PM   #39
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I can't donate nor do I have time to do this. But jcdoss, I've sent you a PM in reference to something to do with this project.
05-06-2016, 08:02 PM - 1 Like   #40
Veteran Member

Nice project.

I've been running a project like this on my forum now the last few months with a *ist dslr.

Posted on it here with links to the project.https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/173-general-photography/319726-camera-aro...d-project.html

Al
05-06-2016, 09:04 PM   #41
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by K David Quote
It may make more sense to send it to Australia before Europe for the reason that more people from Europe are likely to join in and that gives some added time for some late entrants from Europe to get their names in.
This is fine with me so long as it's fine with everyone else! I was only trying to save time and money (mostly money), but I admit ignorance of any differences between shipping from USA > AUS and from EUR > AUS.

We have time to debate the topic, since I haven't sent the camera to Eric yet (and he'll have it for a couple weeks at least) but you guys can do a vote or something and I'll abide by majority rule.

And I've been told there's 10 rolls of expired CN41 B&W that are available for users of the Traveling K1000. Chime in if you're interested in a roll!

Cheers guys!
JCD

PS: It's gonna be a busy weekend in KC for me, so I hope still to get the cam on its way to Eric tomorrow. I'll keep you posted! Thanks to everyone for your interest in this project!
05-06-2016, 10:07 PM   #42
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
And I've been told there's 10 rolls of expired CN41 B&W that are available for users of the Traveling K1000. Chime in if you're interested in a roll!
I'm the one donating the film. And it's free to whoever wants a roll. It is expired by one year and 5 months. But I've kept it refrigerated since I bought it from a forum member on the Marketplace. It's Kodak film, btw. I know jdc tried to keep this anonymous but I don't mind letting you all know it was me.
05-07-2016, 02:59 AM   #43
Pentaxian

Just donated - map me in Newfoundland, Canada. (How many other Canadian residents do we have in this?)
05-07-2016, 09:38 AM   #44

Where 3 from Québec, my guess Ontario and the west gonna have some interested for shure
05-11-2016, 03:16 AM   #45
Veteran Member

bumping a great thread