QuoteOriginally posted by sbh Quote
Yes I used it.
Any comments on the use of it?

11-05-2017, 12:49 PM - 1 Like   #287
sbh
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Those rolls were good, thanks for donating. I used only one or two so others can use some too. I posted my photos on page 13 and on the flickr group.
11-05-2017, 04:57 PM   #288
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sbh Quote
Those rolls were good, thanks for donating. I used only one or two so others can use some too. I posted my photos on page 13 and on the flickr group.
Thanks for the feedback. I bought those from a member here and since I'd never got around t using any of it, I wasn't sure it was okay to use.
01-03-2018, 11:54 AM   #289
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
What's the status? Does @Enigmaticca have it?

01-17-2018, 10:41 PM   #290
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Enigmaticca Quote
Ok by me!
Hey, there have been a number of people asking if this has arrived. The thread indicates that the tracking shows it was delivered but we haven't heard anything. Can you give us a status update?
02-12-2018, 10:15 PM   #291
Pentaxian

I guess no word yet?
02-12-2018, 10:31 PM   #292
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by leekil Quote
I guess no word yet?
I think we call the travelling K1000 lost. It would be nice if the last person who it was sent to would let us know if he never received it or if he did and what its status is. But there's been no word for months on it.

02-14-2018, 10:29 AM   #293
Pentaxian

Ok so I decided to do a little search on this enigmaticca guy... and found out he somehow found a way to erase every google reference on him. I don't even know how you can do that, but he somehow did it.

It was useless of him to do that though, because Bing still can be used and I found his flickr, his twitter, his instagram and his youtube pages. Those all haven't had updates since July 2017, the same time he stopped posting here... except his youtube, which was used at least as recently as 3 months ago when he uploaded a video.

From that I gather he just wanted to disappear for a while, keeping someone else's property. A shame but I think the K1000 isn't going anywhere else. I don't want to judge the guy, he could be going through a lot of rough things... but that's what it is.
02-14-2018, 11:54 PM   #294
Pentaxian

Maybe write him on YouTube (?) and ask about the camera, and say if he hasn't had time to use it, to just send it along as others are waiting for it?

---------- Post added 02-14-18 at 11:56 PM ----------

My general assumption would be that someone didn't keep it intentionally, but more likely that they might be going through rough, or even not so rough things, and just lost track of it.
02-15-2018, 07:12 AM   #295

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Ok so I decided to do a little search on this enigmaticca guy... and found out he somehow found a way to erase every google reference on him. I don't even know how you can do that, but he somehow did it.

It was useless of him to do that though, because Bing still can be used and I found his flickr, his twitter, his instagram and his youtube pages. Those all haven't had updates since July 2017, the same time he stopped posting here... except his youtube, which was used at least as recently as 3 months ago when he uploaded a video.

From that I gather he just wanted to disappear for a while, keeping someone else's property. A shame but I think the K1000 isn't going anywhere else. I don't want to judge the guy, he could be going through a lot of rough things... but that's what it is.
I hate to assume the worst about someone or the situation. Plus, the camera is not even valuable beyond the value of what a fun exercise this has been and that we all would like it to continue and be a part of it. If there is a way to message him, we should try. Even if it turns out the camera was lost or busted, surely he understands its better to just let us know rather than to keep us wondering.
02-16-2018, 05:35 AM   #296
Forum Member

Hi All

Just noticed that there was activity here about the delivery to Enigmaticca. I sent the K1000 by registered post on 26 August 17, and the number said it was delivered. He was pretty hard to contact to get address, and did say he had other issues going on so wonder if that is it.

I do have his mobile number / address, so I will send a message reminding him about this thread, and asking him to confirm he got the camera.

Let's assume something bad is going on in his life!
02-16-2018, 02:52 PM   #297
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I'll bet a fair sum of money that no one would go through the trouble just to steal a knocked-around K1000 and a $20 lens. It would be nice of him to chime in here and give us a shout. Maybe petrol can mail him a postcard? :-)
02-16-2018, 08:16 PM - 2 Likes   #298
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have a K1000 SE that probably needs to visit Eric and I’m sure I have an M50/2 around somewhere. I’m willing to send it off to Eric and drop it in the list to continue the thread if the group wants to continue. It’ll probably be a month before everything is ready if it goes to Eric.

What say you?

Last edited by monochrome; 02-16-2018 at 10:07 PM.
02-17-2018, 06:14 AM   #299
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I have a K1000 SE that probably needs to visit Eric and I知 sure I have an M50/2 around somewhere. I知 willing to send it off to Eric and drop it in the list to continue the thread if the group wants to continue. It値l probably be a month before everything is ready if it goes to Eric.

What say you?
I'd be happy to pitch in on the cost for Eric to work on the camera. Just have him mail it to the next person on the list?
02-17-2018, 08:55 AM   #300
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Gareth.Ig Quote
I'd be happy to pitch in on the cost for Eric to work on the camera. Just have him mail it to the next person on the list?
Thanks but don稚 sweat the cost just yet. I値l send it and have him evaluate before we hit GO (I want him to look at the prism slivering). I知 polling the group痴 sentiment about abandoning the current camera.