Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-05-2019, 04:49 AM - 1 Like   #436
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by K David Quote
Thank you. Yes, let's keep it moving when the next in line in non-responsive to PMs.

So, since yesterday is the K1000 travelling the postal system of Europe towards @danielblues.

I'll add snaps from the last two rolls later...

07-16-2019, 04:55 AM - 8 Likes   #437
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So, final roll from the K1000 for me. I've added snaps on Flickr but this is the reason to use film, look at the reflections in the Volvo here!

07-18-2019, 09:16 AM   #438

Hi,
I've received the K1000 last week, tested it with a few older lens (the A28mm feels great), and every thing was ok. Then popped in a film, snapped a pic and put the camera aside (you are suppose to think better with film, so I did that ).

The next time I picked the camera, the light meter was crazy, mostly randomly vibrating on the top of the scale.

I've changed to a new battery (didn't measure the voltage, will do that today) and changed ISO settings, speed aperture, but nothing changed.

From a google search, it's a broken wire , any other ideas for me to test?

Thank you
Daniel

Last edited by danielblues; 07-23-2019 at 01:33 AM.
07-18-2019, 09:29 AM   #439
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
E-mail Eric Hendrickson. Include the SN and let him know that this is one he repaired for David Hancock earlier this year. Ask if there are any resolutions you can do at home or if it needs to go back in for repair. It's a distinct possibility something as jostled in shipping. If it needs a repair, we will probably need to proceed sans TTL metering and deal with a repair when it gets back to U.S. soil.

07-24-2019, 04:06 AM   #440

E-mail Eric Hendrickson. Include the SN and let him know that this is one he repaired for David Hancock earlier this year. Ask if there are any resolutions you can do at home or if it needs to go back in for repair. It's a distinct possibility something as jostled in shipping. If it needs a repair, we will probably need to proceed sans TTL metering and deal with a repair when it gets back to U.S. soil.
I've done that, and continue to shoot with an smartphone light meter... hope it works ok, I have zero experience with that.
07-24-2019, 12:12 PM   #441
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by danielblues Quote
I've done that, and continue to shoot with an smartphone light meter... hope it works ok, I have zero experience with that.
I have one that works extremely well. I use it with all of my meterless cameras.

-Eric
07-25-2019, 01:47 AM   #442

And I have the reply from Eric Hendrickson,
QuoteQuote:
When the needle vibrates like that it means the magnet inside the meter movement is damaged. It needs a new meter movement.
I will continue with an external light meter, talk about slowing down your photography

07-28-2019, 04:41 AM   #443
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello,

I participated in the original Sightseeing Screwmount years ago and truly enjoyed it! I've gone thru this entire thread that somehow I missed before. Now that some time has passed, I think it would be a good idea to try to recover the original one. The son of the deceased member will most likely cooperate if contacted. Just a thought.

Thanks,
07-30-2019, 10:09 AM   #444
Veteran Member

Hi,
I've received the K1000 last week, tested it with a few older lens (the A28mm feels great), and every thing was ok. Then popped in a film, snapped a pic and put the camera aside (you are suppose to think better with film, so I did that ).

The next time I picked the camera, the light meter was crazy, mostly randomly vibrating on the top of the scale.

From a google search, it's a broken wire , any other ideas for me to test?

Thank you
Daniel
Mine did that years ago ! Ended up being a tiny wire that mounts on the battery contact on the bottom of the camera. Its so small that only GOD can solder it.....or Eric ! I used it for years with a Sekonic L-208 and/or Gossen Pilot light meter......worked out fine.
I see Eric responded already....sorry.

---------- Post added 07-30-19 at 10:16 ----------

I need to get on the 'List" to get my hands on it in the future.
Who do I pm ?
08-05-2019, 09:40 AM - 1 Like   #445
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ronald Oakes Quote
I need to get on the 'List" to get my hands on it in the future.
Who do I pm ?
We can tack you onto the end. I need to scour this thread for the current and complete list. I feel like it's expanded since the one that was on page 1.
08-05-2019, 10:27 AM   #446
Veteran Member

We can tack you onto the end. I need to scour this thread for the current and complete list. I feel like it's expanded since the one that was on page 1.
Thank You ! I plan on taking this to Tule Creek and will pass it on quickly to the next in line.
08-23-2019, 04:15 PM   #447

Hi,

Just finished my 36 pics and sent them to be printed. (low expectations, but had a lot of fun)

The next member on the list is kickman CostaRica, but with the light meter down maybe it could go to Eric Hendrickson first, to get it sorted.

I don't know who as "power" to reorder the list, but my wife is going to Boston next monday, she could mail it to David or Eric.
How do you thing I should proceed?

Best,
08-26-2019, 08:35 AM   #448
Veteran Member

I don't know who as "power" to reorder the list, but my wife is going to Boston next monday, she could mail it to David or Eric.
How do you thing I should proceed?
Send it on to Eric. Please include a note to him to charge the repair and shipping on to the next person to me (David Hancock, he knows who I am.) I'll shoot him an e-mail today to let him know the plan. Make sure to include the correct forwarding address with the note so it doesn't come to me first. If you want to ship it to him from Boston to save a few dollars, definitely do. At the Post Office, the easiest way to do it will be to ship it via USPS Priority Mail. Ask the counter agent for a Priority Mail Box 4, which is a 7x7x6 "cube." Or there are flat-rate medium-sized boxes in the lobby you can use. From Boston to Knoxville the price will be about the same for shipping each of them but the medium boxes need more dunnage and USPS will charge you for that (and tape). Definitely do not ship Parcel, please, as the tracking mechanisms for Priority are better (I've never had a Priority package lost in transit, only Parcel packages.)

David
08-31-2019, 02:27 AM   #449

Send it on to Eric
Ok, I will do that next week. I lost the wife courrier to the US and I had to handle the kids so the week was busy.

Thank you.

Last edited by danielblues; 09-04-2019 at 02:40 AM.
09-17-2019, 06:04 AM   #450

I've sent a PM some weeks ago to the next user on the list, no reply, now I've sent an email, but the last login here listed is over a year old, any minimum requirement for pentaxforums activity to be a part of this?