Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-08-2016, 09:33 PM   #16
Veteran Member

---------- Post added 05-09-16 at 06:36 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by bobmaxja Quote
I live in Laval, the add seem to be gone.

And here the page of the seller, he is a Fashion Photog
Anthony Turano Fashion Photographer
And here what is site said
Anthony Turano has been a Sponsored ImageMaker™ for Pentax | Ricoh Imaging since September 2014 Shooting with the Pentax 645Z Medium Format camera. Anthony uses this beautiful 51.4 Mega Pixel camera to capture all of his stunning images!

---------- Post added 8th May 2016 at 11:04 ----------

And these peoples never check and make false misinformation.
https://www.facebook.com/RicohImaging/posts/10153228578542693?comment_id=101...%22%3A%22R%22}

05-09-2016, 12:44 AM   #17
Site Supporter

Anthony is a Pentax Pro and there is no new 645 in the making at this moment
05-09-2016, 05:06 AM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MattCard Quote
I thought the same thing haha, hopefully we are looking for different lenses...
Let's not kid ourselves, we are both looking mostly at any film era lens on a bargain - who isn't. On a side note, I couldn't believe that a black MX and a black spotmatic were listed minutes from each other last night. I have been looking at a black mx for a better part of a year now and they don't come up often...! Too bad the seller wants so much for it. And the black spottie... Well, its gorgeous isn't it!
05-09-2016, 05:53 AM   #19
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kp0c Quote
There is something a lot more troubling to me than the idea that someone might be selling a stolen 645z (which I don't believe anyway), and it's that there is someone else scouting Kijiji in "my" territory! I don't like competition there :P .
Don't worry, I'm probably not fast enough for you. Probably...

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Anthony is a Pentax Pro and there is no new 645 in the making at this moment
Well, I guess at least some knowledge has emerged from the thread!

05-09-2016, 09:07 AM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
The simplest explanation is the K-1 - which is a new model, barely starting to be available. Usually, the simplest explanation is correct (as it implies fewer assumptions).
„Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem" - I support this Ockham's lex parsimoniae explanation
05-13-2016, 08:37 AM - 5 Likes   #21

Since you all decided to talk about me and what I posted online, I thought it would only be fair if I spoke for myself.

I purchased the Pentax 645Z in Sept 2014. Shortly after that I was approached by Pentax Marketing team and was offered to be a Sponsored Ambassador. I accepted under the condition that I would get gear, as thats how sponsorships work. Now because I had already purchased the 645Z, legally they could not refund me. So it took a while, but they have finally sent me a replacement 645Z which allowed me to sell my old one. They are also sending me a K1, which will be my backup body and also a good camera when i don't need the 51.4 Medium Format monster.

So nothing has been stolen, there is no secret camera they are sending me. I'm simply a brand Ambassador for them, like many others I have spoken to around the world. Also, the camera was sold on ebay which is why that post was removed.

Hope this clears every up. Next time just ask.

Happy shooting!

Anthony Turano
www.anthonyturano.com
www.youtube.com/anthonyturanophoto
05-13-2016, 08:54 AM   #22
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by anthonyturano Quote
Since you all decided to talk about me and what I posted online, I thought it would only be fair if I spoke for myself.
Thanks for posting and dispelling these rumors!

I'd love to feature you and your work in our "Pentaxians" column on the homepage:
Pentaxian Profiles | PentaxForums.com
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/137-photographic-industry-professionals/1...publicity.html

Please shoot me a PM if interested

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: