Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-25-2016, 12:30 AM   #31

QuoteOriginally posted by wizofoz Quote
I wonder if you would be so kind as to inform them that the same issue exists for the 58 AF-1

Thanks
I asked them and got a quick response:

Thank you very much for your e-mail enquiry of 13 May 2016.

We regret the trouble that you have with your flash unit 58 AF-1 respectively with your new digital camera Pentax K-1.

Unfortunately, this new digital camera Pentax K-1 is not yet available for us for testing purposes.
For that reason this type of camera is also not yet mentioned on our homepage.

However, we heard also from a few other customers that there are problems with the new Pentax K-1 in P-TTL flash control mode.
So we guess that this type of camera works different to the former Pentax digital cameras (K-5, K-5 II, K-3, K-3 II, K-30, K-50 and so on) and this will lead to some trouble.

Our development department will try to get a new Pentax K-1 in order to fix the problems as soon as possible.
However, we fear this will take some time.
Regrettably, at the moment we canít supply you a fast solution for that problem.
However, we will inform you immediately by e-mail when there will be any news concerning this problem.

We regret to have no other information for you at the moment and remain

With kind regards

Wolfgang Becker
Technical Support

So, it seems that we 58 AF-1 owners need to wait. At the moment, the Metz in "A" mode works quite well.

05-25-2016, 02:07 AM   #32
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TechNeck Quote
I asked them and got a quick response:

Thank you very much for your e-mail enquiry of 13 May 2016.

We regret the trouble that you have with your flash unit 58 AF-1 respectively with your new digital camera Pentax K-1.

Unfortunately, this new digital camera Pentax K-1 is not yet available for us for testing purposes.
For that reason this type of camera is also not yet mentioned on our homepage.

However, we heard also from a few other customers that there are problems with the new Pentax K-1 in P-TTL flash control mode.
So we guess that this type of camera works different to the former Pentax digital cameras (K-5, K-5 II, K-3, K-3 II, K-30, K-50 and so on) and this will lead to some trouble.

Our development department will try to get a new Pentax K-1 in order to fix the problems as soon as possible.
However, we fear this will take some time.
Regrettably, at the moment we can’t supply you a fast solution for that problem.
However, we will inform you immediately by e-mail when there will be any news concerning this problem.

We regret to have no other information for you at the moment and remain

With kind regards

Wolfgang Becker
Technical Support

So, it seems that we 58 AF-1 owners need to wait. At the moment, the Metz in "A" mode works quite well.
To be honest - I mostly use (used) the AF-1 in the "A"-mode - that is the flash itself measure the reflecting light.
I get/got more "keepers".

(However now I just get theoretical right exposures and not what I always want as +/- EV settings does not work with it on the K-1 - however mostly You want theoretical right exposures ...... not???(smile). So in a way the "A"-setting is mostly a very good solution and OK! So don't trash the Metz:es )

Thumbs up for the Metz! I think the major new firmware is in the hands of Pentax.
05-30-2016, 03:10 PM   #33

QuoteOriginally posted by Gutta Perka Quote
Witch one(s) do You suggest that fits in a pocket?

Price tag(s)?

As I'm not expecting a quick fix I'll look on the "ebay" for a Pentax one - but the cutest is a mini tilt-able Metz - bahhh!

I've been using the yongnuo 560 iiis with their controller for a while now. Good stuff, powerful, inexpensive. I have 3 of these type, and two earlier full manual flashes. But sometimes I really want PTTL.
07-15-2016, 08:51 PM - 1 Like   #34
Pentaxian

There is an update regarding firmware fixed for the following models: Metz 44 AF-1 / 48 AF-1 / 50 AF-1 / 58 AF-1 / 58 AF-2.