Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by hectorse Quote
I wish we could get a Q system camera with GOOD connectivity:

1. Sensor Size not important
2. 14MPs
3. Internal 16GB memory + SD card slot
4. WiFi, NFC, gps and Bluetooth
5. Facebook, instagram, youtube and flickr integration

Exchangeable lenses are a big plus for this system, but it needs to be as convenient to use as a phone.

My phone does that, only 8gb internal storage but 16mps, takes a 64gb card,tripod mount.24-240mm.F3.1-6.3(not great in dim conditions)

Samsung S4 Zoom, when I take the Qs to music concerts and the 3 batteries expire, my phone picks up the slack.

Last edited by surfar; 05-17-2016 at 12:47 AM.
05-17-2016, 01:14 AM   #92
Pentaxian

Call me old fashioned, but the poor ergonomics of a phone as a picture taking tool will always make me reach for a real camera, and the Q qualifies 100%.

Hence I would love a new Q (though I have postponed upgrading my original Q repeatedly). IQ is fine for me (even in the original Q), and as a VF I have an old VF installed onto the hotshoe, which kinda makes the Q look pretty cool. What I'm hoping for in a new Q (ever since the original) is better responsiveness and battery life. I handled a few of the newer Q-series, and the advances in that area never felt sufficient to me to upgrade...

Wim
05-17-2016, 01:48 AM   #93
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
phone as a picture taking tool
yes, the S4zoom is a real camera....its a point and shoot with a phn built in.Its more comfortable to use than a Q.However, its a fixed lens & doesn't shoot raw .As a video tool it out does the Q7 with the 06(in bright light).
05-17-2016, 05:52 AM   #94
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
Call me old fashioned, but the poor ergonomics of a phone as a picture taking tool will always make me reach for a real camera, and the Q qualifies 100%.

Hence I would love a new Q (though I have postponed upgrading my original Q repeatedly). IQ is fine for me (even in the original Q), and as a VF I have an old VF installed onto the hotshoe, which kinda makes the Q look pretty cool. What I'm hoping for in a new Q (ever since the original) is better responsiveness and battery life. I handled a few of the newer Q-series, and the advances in that area never felt sufficient to me to upgrade...

Wim
The vast majority of the world consider their phone to have the better ergonomics because it's the device they always have with them. In essence, the camera in their phone is of zero size and weight. What better ergonomics can you have when it comes to transport? By contrast, a "camera" is an extra device with extra size and weight. Further, the dedicated camera is considered "non-essential" in their life most of the time and has basically no connectivity to their extended world.

Last edited by IchabodCrane; 05-17-2016 at 07:40 AM.
05-17-2016, 06:04 AM - 1 Like   #95
Pentaxian

Original Poster
The vast Majority of the world also takes crap pictures.
05-17-2016, 06:17 AM   #96
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
And enjoys them....
05-17-2016, 06:44 AM   #97
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

80% of People Think They Take Excellent Photos, Study Finds

---------- Post added 05-17-16 at 16:44 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Simen1 Quote
Or the K-02 is right around the corner.
Don't think so
05-17-2016, 07:24 AM - 2 Likes   #98
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by i83N Quote
80% of People Think They Take Excellent Photos, Study Finds

05-17-2016, 08:33 AM   #99
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
An AF adapter for K Mount is all that's needed hardware wise
This what the Q needs. That and an EVF - even if tiny like the Panasonic ZS/TZ travel camera series has.
05-17-2016, 10:39 AM   #100
Pentaxian

Yes,I've got a tz80/zs60....its not a great viewfinder,but its the best overall compact for my purposes.
05-17-2016, 07:57 PM - 1 Like   #101
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Kenspo just said Ricoh will come with a mirrorless full frame system for Pentax on Photokina. (Photorumors.com are you reading this?)
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Haha, i did not
Clearly not. You instead predicted a three way merger between Ricoh/Pentax, Sigma, and Lytro. Out the other side will come a Fovenon light-field EVIL camera fulfilling every no recognizable use case and literally unlimited potential.

Did you see what I just did there?
05-17-2016, 08:20 PM - 1 Like   #102

I hope they make a Q8.

- Same 1/1.7" sensor size. It won't make financial sense to make a larger sensor version, as they'd have to design a whole new line of lenses, which is quite expensive.
- Skip the LCD altogether, and give it an EVF. However, the casual shooters that like it so well in Japan may not like this, so I don't think that's gonna happen.
- Or maybe a shoe-mounted EVF?
- Have the built-in flash bounce-able. Redesign the mechanism to make it bounce, instead of to put it so far from the lens. If it bounces, it doesn't matter if it's close to the lens, and red eye is quite easy to remove in software now.
- Finish the tele macro lens already!
- Give us a fast prime wide already!
- Give us a proper super-tele zoom already! 200-800 (equiv) f/4 maybe?
- Go back to the ergonomic design of the Q7, instead of trying to make it look like a tiny Leica.
- Have it be able to shoot raw in more modes
- Stop trying to rape us on accessories; sell the Q system bag separately at a fair price.
05-17-2016, 11:31 PM   #103
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Clinton Quote
Did you see what I just did there?
Brilliant I will just wait to see when it gets to the rumoursites, and then just wait for another angry mail from Japan
05-18-2016, 04:45 AM   #104
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Brilliant I will just wait to see when it gets to the rumoursites, and then just wait for another angry mail from Japan
So you confirm then (if it weren't true, Japan would have no reason to be angry at you ).
05-18-2016, 04:59 AM   #105
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They get angry over anything