Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 28 Likes Search this Thread
05-18-2016, 05:18 AM   #106
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I think over this The next Pentax 645 medium format camera will most likely have a 100MP Sony sensor | Pentax Rumors

05-18-2016, 05:43 AM   #107
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
They get angry over anything
OK I'll take heat of your back. Since the Q is rumored to end, another rumor started in the other thread that Ricoh and Fuji will have a collaboration.

There will be a new APSC Pentax mirrorless camera using Fuji sensors. Though the design will be a k-mount the new lenses are highly specialized that using them on this camera the focusing will be as fast as the Nikon d500. Noise handling and dynamic range will be better than the k-1. Images can be considered razor sharp that touching them on print will hurt your hands.

Remember you heard it first here on this thread.
05-18-2016, 06:13 AM   #108
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It might make sense for Pentax to ditch the Q for something with a larger sensor size, but FF? Not so sure about that. Unless Pentax makes the Pentax Dr-Who, which is a Q on the outside and FF on the inside ;P
05-18-2016, 02:16 PM   #109
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
They get angry over anything
Great news. @kenspo confirms that the next Q will have a 100mp medium format sensor!

At the risk of repeating myself. Did you see what I just did there?

---------- Post added 05-18-2016 at 03:17 PM ----------

This is like a beat box remix thread.

05-18-2016, 02:26 PM - 1 Like   #110
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

What, @kenspo says the Q-1 will have a 100mp medium format sensor *and* a beatbox?
05-18-2016, 02:45 PM   #111
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
What, @kenspo says the Q-1 will have a 100mp medium format sensor *and* a beatbox?
My name is Clint, and I approve of this message.

05-18-2016, 03:34 PM - 2 Likes   #112
Forum Member

Hi,

as I said in an earlier post of mine:

"I hope that in the new Q model they will trickle down several technologies from the existing DSLR-line. Such as pixel-shift, composition adjustment, astrotracer with a built-in gps, WiFi and it would also be plain awesome if we could exploit those leaf-shutters with (studio-)strobes at full sync speed.... 1/2000 s "

I think that going with a bigger sensor will defeat the purpose of the Q since it would require bigger lenses. I am still convinced that a system in which you can transport 2 bodies, 1 standard prime, 1 wide angle, 1 normal, 1 telephoto (f/2.8) and a fisheye lens, with extra batteries, a radio trigger and 2 flash guns in a bag the size of an event messenger 150 beats any other travel photography system, regardless of sensor size.

Oh, weather sealing would be a nice addition too.

Just my two cents.

05-19-2016, 05:51 AM   #113
ebk
Loyal Site Supporter

2016 CP + Pentax Interview from feb. 26 21016
the following was said:

do you have any updates for pentax q user

The Q line is still a current line.
but we focused our limited resources on the K-1.
we plan to release the roadmapped Q-mount lens in the future.
05-19-2016, 03:11 PM - 3 Likes   #114
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BNBPhoto Quote
"I hope that in the new Q model they will. . ."
blah, blah, blah

I have my own wish list for future Q models. Although it may be heresy to some, I wouldn't mind seeing the Q grow a bit in size. I would like to see a Super Q built sort of like a midget OM-D with tilt screen and EVF.

However. . . Even if they go in a different direction, and the next model is nothing like what I imagined or wished for, I expect it to be something good. Pentax have been running a hot streak.

I feel like there's a bit of unwarranted doom-and-gloom aura hanging around the Pentax community. The ongoing K-1 rollout party has dispelled a lot of that, but there's still some lingering skepticism, or cynicism -- a holdover from the bad old Hoya days, as some have failed to see how Ricoh has gradually, steadily worked to right the ship. (Also, marketing and distribution are still feeble. But you know, a solid product line has to come first, and Ricoh are laying that groundwork now.)
05-19-2016, 03:21 PM   #115
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tony Belding Quote
Even if they go in a different direction, and the next model is nothing like what I imagined or wished for, I expect it to be something good. Pentax have been running a hot streak.

I feel like there's a bit of unwarranted doom-and-gloom aura hanging around the Pentax community. The ongoing K-1 rollout party has dispelled a lot of that, but there's still some lingering skepticism, or cynicism -- a holdover from the bad old Hoya days, as some have failed to see how Ricoh has gradually, steadily worked to right the ship. (Also, marketing and distribution are still feeble. But you know, a solid product line has to come first, and Ricoh are laying that groundwork now.)
Very well put, Tony. I agree wholeheartedly
05-19-2016, 03:45 PM   #116
Pentaxian

a solid product line has to come first, and Ricoh are laying that groundwork now.)

YES ! I actually think its there now.When you consider that R/P has a pretty loyal customer base so everything, if its priced right, will be a relative success.

Certainly, we cant expect miracles, just uniQueness!
05-19-2016, 03:56 PM   #117
Pentaxian

I have my own wish list for future Q models. Although it may be heresy to some, I wouldn't mind seeing the Q grow a bit in size. I would like to see a Super Q built sort of like a midget OM-D with tilt screen and EVF.
However. . . Even if they go in a different direction, and the next model is nothing like what I imagined or wished for, I expect it to be something good. Pentax have been running a hot streak.
I agree 100%.
I'm already on record here as saying that, although I bought my Q-7 just 18 months ago, if they release a new "Q" with an EVF {and keep the same crop factor}, I will buy it within six months.
I will not go back on that.

On my walk this afternoon, I was thinking back 43 years to my grad school days. I had a classmate whose father owned one of the office supply stores in Indianapolis and who {informally} represented them selling calculators on campus to us. One day he told me that if I was going to buy the TI SR-10 I had my eye on, I'd better do it "now", because the supply was drying up, and that usually meant that TI would replace it with another model. So, I bought that {4 function + sqrt} calculator for $110 ... and a month later it was replaced by a very similar "advanced" model for $150.

I would not be at all surprised if Pentax were doing something similar now. We've heard reports of supplies drying up of both the Q-S1 and the K-50 - maybe Q-S2 and K-70 are right around the corner {I'd better be more diligent in saving my nickles and dimes}

Last edited by reh321; 05-19-2016 at 04:51 PM. Reason: clarify conditions
05-19-2016, 11:15 PM   #118
Forum Member

blah, blah, blah

I have my own wish list for future Q models......
I was just pointing out that Pentax should include some of their existing technology into the new Q. As the cost would be minimal and it would add unique features.
05-20-2016, 12:10 AM   #119
Banned

blah, blah, blah

This is very true. Not having the right portfolio is something that Nikon has and they shrink faster then the market does.
05-20-2016, 08:31 AM   #120
Pentaxian

Interesting. Hopefully Pentax doesn't abandon the Q system. I think it's pretty great, given the size of it. It looks like a very challenging fun camera. The kind of camera that is tons of fun to shoot with, but at the same time can challenge you to take an awesome photo just to prove that it's very capable, despite the fact that it uses a 1/1.7" sensor. I've seen a ton of impressive Q7 pictures.

I still want to get a couple of Q-S1 cameras sometime around the holidays at the end of this year.