Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 93 Likes Search this Thread
06-13-2016, 05:39 PM - 2 Likes   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tesla Quote
Pentax K-1 Full Frame, 15 years to perfect!
The K-1 is the Johnnie Walker Green Label of full frame cameras.

06-13-2016, 07:08 PM   #62
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
I've decided to skip the contest this year due to the flagrant disregard of contest rules in entries and judging in every single contest of this nature this site has had.

What is the point of having the rules if every single winner fro last year shown up top, not to mention every single winner over the past few years has broken those rules?

Just to illustrate:

Shirt 1 uses the Pentax trademarked logo, and completely ignores the actual forum logo
Shirt 2 reproduces a copyrighted diagram of the K mount not belonging to the entrant in its entirety
Shirt 3 uses the Pentax trademarked Pentax font P and stole multiple copyrighted camera images from around the web.
Shirt 4 is just a variation of Shirt 1

The judges knew of all these violations at the time yet went with these designs anyway. So what is it, are these rules or suggestions?
dcshooter:
Here are the rules from last year, none really...
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/43-travel-events-groups/289459-2015-penta...n-contest.html
06-13-2016, 08:55 PM   #63
Veteran Member

Hopefully this year the judges will be more on top of copyrighting.
Though you have permission to use an image appearing in an article on this sight other images found online are not good to be used.
This should be recognized more this time round.

as an attorney (yes, I really am one)
Well, you probably know more about this swear than me
06-13-2016, 11:45 PM   #64
Pentaxian

Simple solution.. get permission from Ricoh to use the Pentax logo/name. I'm sure they would have no problem as this is free advertising for them.

06-14-2016, 02:41 AM   #65

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've decided to skip the contest this year due to the flagrant disregard of contest rules in entries and judging in every single contest of this nature this site has had.

What is the point of having the rules if every single winner fro last year shown up top, not to mention every single winner over the past few years has broken those rules?

Just to illustrate:

Shirt 1 uses the Pentax trademarked logo, and completely ignores the actual forum logo
Shirt 2 reproduces a copyrighted diagram of the K mount not belonging to the entrant in its entirety
Shirt 3 uses the Pentax trademarked Pentax font P and stole multiple copyrighted camera images from around the web.
Shirt 4 is just a variation of Shirt 1

The judges knew of all these violations at the time yet went with these designs anyway. So what is it, are these rules or suggestions?
Ok, I'm sorry if I reproduces a copyrighted diagram of the K mount not belonging to the entrant in its entirety, and I sorry to make you disappoint to last year design,
and for last year record I just want to enliven pentax forum design competition because to many squirrel at that time and I did not have any expectation that in the end I win the contest
and I'm sorry that only 3 of my 30 design choose by and one win the end, and that one is the one you said reproduces a copyrighted diagram of the K mount not belonging to the entrant in its entirety
but let me say this one more time that I just want to enliven pentax forum design competition no more than that
06-14-2016, 05:12 PM   #66
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mixberry Quote
Ok, I'm sorry if I reproduces a copyrighted diagram of the K mount not belonging to the entrant in its entirety, and I sorry to make you disappoint to last year design,
and for last year record I just want to enliven pentax forum design competition because to many squirrel at that time and I did not have any expectation that in the end I win the contest
and I'm sorry that only 3 of my 30 design choose by and one win the end, and that one is the one you said reproduces a copyrighted diagram of the K mount not belonging to the entrant in its entirety
but let me say this one more time that I just want to enliven pentax forum design competition no more than that

Your design happened to make the best use of the PF logo, too!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-14-2016, 05:32 PM   #67
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by trigger.happy Quote
Thanks for your comment Carol. I was trying to point out that, like their cameras, pentaxians have a metal chassis beneath the surface which also makes them indestructible. Or something like that.

But yeah, that might've been too subtle. . I'll try coming up with another one.
I like the idea. Just figure out a way to remark Magnesium Alloy Chassis.

06-14-2016, 05:33 PM - 1 Like   #68
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
I hope this will be available on a V neck shirt. Rounded shirts seem to suffocate me.
Scissors.
06-14-2016, 05:35 PM   #69
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I really do want to see the designs showcase the Pentax Forums logo rather than the Pentax logo
If my design makes it through, we can put a reversed-out PF logo in one of the arrows.
06-15-2016, 03:09 AM   #70

thank you for you adam
06-16-2016, 06:04 AM   #71
Pentaxian

I understand your intent ... however
I can honestly say that I make a point of wearing my two shirts {#2 above in red on white, and #4 above} at places where I expect to encounter other photographers, because I would like to remind them that companies other than Canikon make good cameras today. Ironically, although I plan to be home most of today, I happen to be wearing #4 at this moment, so that is not an exclusive statement.
06-16-2016, 02:41 PM   #72
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OK, I missed the need to include the PF logo (makes sense though).

Another variation. It can be used as a shirt logo on the front of the shirt, in the pocket location or even on the back.

Regards,
Attached Images

06-16-2016, 04:06 PM   #73
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Front only
yes front only for me, don't like stuff on my back
06-17-2016, 06:11 PM - 2 Likes   #74
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here are my entries. All are front only. All use a Pentax Forums logo. None use a Pentax logo. There are no copyrighted illustrations or text in any of them.

NOTE
The red in these entries are my choices, and I did not try to match (or change) the reds in the PF logos - especially after some of the previous discussion.

Please feel free to look at these entries as though the reds of any design are all of one shade - the shade I chose or the logo shade if that is required. Thank you.

Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------

Last edited by AggieDad; 06-18-2016 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Clarify red color shade selections
06-17-2016, 06:23 PM   #75
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by AggieDad Quote
Here are my entries. All are front only. All use a Pentax Forums logo. None use a Pentax logo. There are no copyrighted illustrations or text in any of them.
No photos...
Closed Thread