Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-06-2016, 03:15 PM   #91
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Cool. I could use a tilt screen camera with these specs for work.

Eric

06-06-2016, 03:23 PM   #92
Imp
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by redrockcoulee Quote
I find your dashing people's hopes or speculations entertaining.
IKR! Me too!
06-06-2016, 03:41 PM   #93
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man Quote
Lots of cameras and lenses of near all Japanese camera companies will be later than planned.
It's going to be an interesting Photokina this year then. It's only about 3 months away.
06-06-2016, 03:44 PM   #94
mee
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
It's going to be an interesting Photokina this year then. It's only about 3 months away.
This year has been flying by for me.

06-06-2016, 03:56 PM   #95
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
This year has been flying by for me.
Same here. Here we are, half-way through 2016 already.
06-06-2016, 04:43 PM   #96
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
But will the K-70 instead be that retro-looking camera that's been rumored?
See "Spotmatic D" for what many of us truly want out of a retro camera.
06-06-2016, 04:56 PM   #97
Lens Buying Addict

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
See "Spotmatic D" for what many of us truly want out of a retro camera.
LX-D.
06-06-2016, 05:15 PM   #98
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
LX-D
If they could build a camera that did what the LX does in the 1980s, I don't see why they can't program a digital sensor to do that today. It ought to be doable in firmware. It'd need a pretty major update, but I think it could be done.

06-06-2016, 05:47 PM   #99
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man Quote
Replacement of K-50 and K-S2.
Specs are not complete,but correct
This camera is all for APS-C cameras this year.
Next what we get is glass for both systems mainly for the great K-1 system.

Best regards
More APS-C glass? Do we get to see a 16-300 WR and an 80-400 WR? Would they have faster motors for faster AF. I would like to have both.
06-06-2016, 05:50 PM   #100
mee
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
If they could build a camera that did what the LX does in the 1980s, I don't see why they can't program a digital sensor to do that today. It ought to be doable in firmware. It'd need a pretty major update, but I think it could be done.
The LX had the ergonomics of a thin brick. No thanks.

The camera body needs to be come more rounded and hand molded than it is today, not less!
06-06-2016, 06:51 PM   #101
Site Supporter

The LX had the ergonomics of a thin brick. No thanks.

The camera body needs to be come more rounded and hand molded than it is today, not less!
I guess this is one of those things we'll have to agree to disagree about.
If they would a build a DSLR with the look and feel of my Super Program {but slightly larger to accommodate a modern battery - the button batteries that "powered" my Super Program were a joke at best} I would be thrilled ... and you would no longer hear "I want a K-02" from me. The Canon T-90 accustomed us to overly large rounded blobs which encourage the poor habit of grabbing a camera with just the right hand instead of cradling it between both hands.
06-06-2016, 07:58 PM   #102
mee
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I guess this is one of those things we'll have to agree to disagree about.
If they would a build a DSLR with the look and feel of my Super Program {but slightly larger to accommodate a modern battery - the button batteries that "powered" my Super Program were a joke at best} I would be thrilled ... and you would no longer hear "I want a K-02" from me. The Canon T-90 accustomed us to overly large rounded blobs which encourage the poor habit of grabbing a camera with just the right hand instead of cradling it between both hands.
Yes we disagree. While I'd agree with you the old bodies do look sharp, one shouldn't need both hands to cradle the camera in order to hold it. That is a result of a blocky, difficult to hold camera body which is a result of more primitive technical design abilities..

I'm sure 30+ years ago it was much more difficult to form a camera body to the shape of a hand.. today our technical ability is more refined so we don't have to deal with such limited shapes.

You can't honestly tell me that design is superior to modern bodies (with respect to ergonomics). And I still think modern bodies could be improved.
06-06-2016, 08:29 PM   #103
Site Supporter

Yes we disagree. While I'd agree with you the old bodies do look sharp, one shouldn't need both hands to cradle the camera in order to hold it. That is a result of a blocky, difficult to hold camera body which is a result of more primitive technical design abilities..

I'm sure 30+ years ago it was much more difficult to form a camera body to the shape of a hand.. today our technical ability is more refined so we don't have to deal with such limited shapes.

You can't honestly tell me that design is superior to modern bodies (with respect to ergonomics). And I still think modern bodies could be improved.
My honest belief is that cradling with two hands provides superior stability to basically waving it around with one.
My honest belief is that that svelte bodies is one of the major reasons that MILCs are so popular today.
And, yes, thirty years ago they already had a demonstrated ability to form almost any shape, but they went to the bloated T-90 design only when an industrial designer hired by Canon led in that way, a designer who was no better than the much-maligned Marc Newson.
06-06-2016, 08:49 PM   #104
Lens Buying Addict

Good form and habits haven't changed due to modern body shapes. Protruding camera grip or not, you form a stable base with the left hand, hold the camera loosely with the right and press against your face - three points of contact.

Then you can properly squeeze the shutter button to avoid punching it, which causes vibration.
06-06-2016, 09:07 PM   #105
Site Supporter

If this baby comes in with some decent video - heck 1080p - I will buy one!