Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-06-2016, 12:45 PM   #76
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hrmf. I was hoping it would be an APS-H camera which would also connect to the internet, double as your phone, run in-car navigation, stream Spotify, and take pics/videos.

Then we could compare direct sales #'s between people who wanted that vs. people who wanted FF.

The specs look killer for a crop camera. I hope they lined up a lot of the flourishes from the K-1 which make it a special and intuitive camera.

06-06-2016, 01:00 PM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by disasterfilm Quote
Hrmf. I was hoping it would be an APS-H camera which would also connect to the internet, double as your phone, run in-car navigation, stream Spotify, and take pics/videos.

Then we could compare direct sales #'s between people who wanted that vs. people who wanted FF.

The specs look killer for a crop camera. I hope they lined up a lot of the flourishes from the K-1 which make it a special and intuitive camera.
Spotify? Would you also buy more AF points and AF-C tracking DLC /sarcasm
06-06-2016, 01:07 PM - 3 Likes   #78
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by redrockcoulee Quote
I find your dashing people's hopes or speculations entertaining.
Ever notice that "kenspo" is an anagram of "spoken"?
06-06-2016, 01:23 PM - 7 Likes   #79
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Ever notice that "kenspo" is an anagram of "spoken"?
Oh, I always thought it was an acronym...

Ken Exalts Non-Sanctioned Propaganda Operations

-Heie

06-06-2016, 01:38 PM   #80
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man Quote
This camera is all for APS-C cameras this year.
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
That's not true.
I guess that's one way to maintain the mystery...

Both statements are a little vague, and both could be simultaneously true - e.g. there might be a new (APS-C sensored) GR in the pipeline, and asahi man may have meant Pentax-branded K-mount cameras. What I'd like to know is if the K-70 will be the only Pentax APS-C k-mount camera this year. If so, that's a bummer, IMHO, at least with the leaked specs. I seem to remember asahi man stating previously that there were two APS-C bodies planned for 2016, no? I guess it's possible that the launch of the second APS-C, k-mount body (presumably the K-3 successor) might have been delayed because of the earthquake and Sony's related sensor production issues...

On a different note, could it be that the K-70 incorporates some tech linked to the patent on using an infra-red sensor to improve focus accuracy? Maybe that's the cool thing that's not in the leak? (If there even is a cool thing that's not in the leak...) But, then why implement it on SAFOX X?!
06-06-2016, 01:50 PM   #81
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My supposition: Just as 2014 was to 645z, 2016 is all K-1, all the time. Everything else is delayed a little.
06-06-2016, 02:06 PM   #82
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm beginning to wonder if this is the start of Pentax having three product lines again -- this time, the K-n0 series are the flagship APS-C cameras, the K-S series is the budget APS-C, and the K-n series is the true flagship. Would make a lot of sense, even if in-the-know sources are denying it.

06-06-2016, 02:12 PM - 7 Likes   #83
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The production capacity is in target with the great and very successful K-1.
Pentax has a 4 week production delay and the numbers of sale is higher than 7000 pieces per month,more than the maximum possible production per month.
Lots of cameras and lenses of near all Japanese camera companies will be later than planned.
Today it's possible that we see only one APS-C dslr till end of this year.
Also Pentax has lens production problems.
Same like Nikon,Fuji and Sony.
There is absolute not one 100 percent information about the current plan about the lineup for this year.
We have to wait,what we know for 100 percent is that Pentax is pushing the K-1 and its lens system like no other project this year.
I have current numbers of sales of the K-1 and Pentax can do nothing better than give all the power to the fullframe lineup
The production is low today,next 4 weeks the Pentax stock will be nearby empty,so we have to wait for the next regular delivery.
All schedules are pushed back.
Best regards

Last edited by asahi man; 06-06-2016 at 02:22 PM.
06-06-2016, 02:14 PM   #84
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by logomancer Quote
I'm beginning to wonder if this is the start of Pentax having three product lines again -- this time, the K-n0 series are the flagship APS-C cameras, the K-S series is the budget APS-C, and the K-n series is the true flagship. Would make a lot of sense, even if in-the-know sources are denying it.
Where are they going with the K-n series now? they can only do 0 unless they want to call them K+1 K+3 K+5 etc..

they really need to invent a different naming scheme altogether..

Question though.. is this the first Pentax that auto focuses video on the fly?
06-06-2016, 02:18 PM - 1 Like   #85
Veteran Member

We have to wait,what we know for 100 percent is that Pentax is pushing the K-1 and its lens system like no other project this year.
This i can sign on. Even i have been sent around from city to city and showing of the K-1 will also have a few workshops with K-1
06-06-2016, 02:19 PM   #86
Pentaxian

Pentax has a 4 week production delay and the numbers of please higher than 7000 pieces per month,more than the maximum possible production per month.
Lots of cameras and lenses of near all Japanese camera companies will be later than planned.
Today it's possible that we see only one APS-C dslr till end of this year.
Also Pentax has lens production problems.
Same like Nikon,Fuji and Sony.
There is absolute not one 100 percent information about the current plan about the lineup for this year.
I have current numbers of sales of the K-1 and Pentax can do nothing better than give all the power to the fullframe lineup
The production is low today,next 4 weeks the Pentax stock will be nearby empty,so we have to wait for the next regular delivery.
All schedules are pushed back.
Best regards
Thanks for all this stuff
06-06-2016, 02:41 PM   #87
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
Both statements are a little vague
We'll see in a few months Don't forget, we're still in the first half of the year.

As for the production issues, Pentax' camera production capacity is (normally) way higher than the 7,000 units per month planned for the K-1. I'm not sure the high demand for the K-1 would make them postpone other plans... at least the K-70 is not postponed, right?
06-06-2016, 02:43 PM   #88
sbh
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Davidparis Quote
Indeed. Not nearly enough for me to even think about replacing the K-5iis. Still waiting for the new APS-C flagship or third iteration of the K-3. No hurry, I can do what I need to with the kit I currently have...
The K-5iis is an exceptionally good camera. It was hard to even find a second hand one. I'll probably never give it away.

Pentax has a 4 week production delay and the numbers of sale is higher than 7000 pieces per month,more than the maximum possible production per month....
Afaik in Germany it was immediately sold out on the first day of pre-order. Even their servers went down due to high traffic that day.
06-06-2016, 02:52 PM   #89
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

If the K-1 planned production is 7000/month, and they have demand for 15,000 - and there's no slack - and lens production is likewise jammed - something has to be delayed to increase K-1 and lens production.

I predicted they would sell every one they could make. Really smart people said I was nuts.
06-06-2016, 03:11 PM   #90
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Thursday. Tomorrow low res pic, wednessday higher res pic.

Is this true?