Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 116 Likes Search this Thread
06-07-2016, 04:05 AM   #121
Pentaxian

I hope this one has quiet shutter like the K-5 series

06-07-2016, 04:09 AM   #122
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Simen1 Quote
A K-02 would make more sense, but with a very different design then K-01.
Hopefully they won't hire Philippe Starck or Frank Gehry to design the camera. Or whoever did those ghastly Hasselblad branded Sony's.
06-07-2016, 04:43 AM   #123
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Put it inside an MX shell and give it the EVF it really needs for intense ambient light (because rear screens do not do well there).
06-07-2016, 05:06 AM   #124
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Hopefully they won't hire Philippe Starck or Frank Gehry to design the camera. Or whoever did those ghastly Hasselblad branded Sony's.
I thought Austin Powers designed them?

06-07-2016, 05:15 AM   #125
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
It's a classic designation (k-70) so probably a more classic design than the K-s2, slightly more angular than the competition.
06-07-2016, 05:52 AM   #126
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Not all info is correct. Even many belive it, K-70 is NOT replacement for K-50. I have all info here, but i won't step over the line again..haha

There are more interesting stuff going on then the K-70
You don't have to tell me what but tell me when
So, at Photokina or later?

p.s. Or even earlier?
06-07-2016, 06:16 AM   #127
JPT
Pentaxian

Look at the advertised ISO range. It's the same as the K-1 and much higher than the K-3ii. I know that the highest ISOs will be awful, as they are with every camera, but unless Ricoh has switched to complete fantasy in the way they report ISO, this should have noticeably better noise performance than the K-3 cameras do. I also think the video specs are very interesting, and PDAF on the sensor will make live view much more usable if it works well.

I wonder if the wide angle zoom will be launched alongside.

06-07-2016, 06:27 AM   #128
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
Look at the advertised ISO range. It's the same as the K-1 and much higher than the K-3ii. I know that the highest ISOs will be awful, as they are with every camera, but unless Ricoh has switched to complete fantasy in the way they report ISO, this should have noticeably better noise performance than the K-3 cameras do.
Why? Extended range just means the range is extended, not that noise is controlled better at a specific ISO. We can hope this sensor have less read noise then the K-3II sensor, but I wouldn't hold my breath for that.
06-07-2016, 06:29 AM   #129
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
I was talking about function, not ergonomics. Re-read my post carefully.
I know. But I'm talking about ergonomics not function though.

---------- Post added 06-07-16 at 08:30 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
Put it inside an MX shell and give it the EVF it really needs for intense ambient light (because rear screens do not do well there).
Yet that isn't function.. that's ergo.. but it is neither here nor there because the probability of them doing this is slim to none.
06-07-2016, 06:33 AM   #130
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Simen1 Quote
Mirrorless! I doubt they will release two close neighboring products like K-70 and K-3 III. A K-02 would make more sense, but with a very different design then K-01. In short: EVF, larger indent between the "mirror house" and grip, classic styling, modern features, lower weight.
Something like that you mean?

06-07-2016, 06:36 AM   #131

Thanks for posting the K70 specs,.....I'm enjoying the members' comments on the K70. The only improvements I wanted from my 2 K 50s are the articulating screen and better video. Looks like Pentax has added those and several other nice features.. I'll need one of these!

I wonder when this camera will be available,...

Jack
06-07-2016, 06:52 AM - 1 Like   #132
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Something like that you mean?
Yes, thats how I expect the K-02 to look like from the top.
06-07-2016, 07:15 AM - 1 Like   #133
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
And, besides, when you start to load up the weight on the front (for instance with a large zoom lens) it becomes a liability to have a smaller brick body. The grip is a valuable feature.
With the smaller cameras we learned to support a long lens with the left hand {it was there anyway for zooming and focusing}. Better to support the lens separately than to put that extra torque on the mount. I still do that with all of my cameras ... but of course you can hold yours any way you want to.
06-07-2016, 07:24 AM   #134
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
With the smaller cameras we learned to support a long lens with the left hand {it was there anyway for zooming and focusing}. Better to support the lens separately than to put that extra torque on the mount. I still do that with all of my cameras ... but of course you can hold yours any way you want to.
When I'm in the field it is not often possible to hold the camera and move with both hands... sturdy grip is much smarter. These things aren't cheap to replace if dropped.

You can keep trying to ram your opinion down my throat, but I'm holding my ground because I know you're one who can't stand other, differing opinions.
06-07-2016, 07:28 AM - 1 Like   #135
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
When I'm in the field it is not often possible to hold the camera and move with both hands... sturdy grip is much smarter. These things aren't cheap to replace if dropped.

You can keep trying to ram your opinion down my throat, but I'm holding my ground because I know you're one who can't stand other, differing opinions.
Besides, how would we hold an off-camera flash with one hand if two had to be holding a camera?