Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 143 Likes Search this Thread
09-06-2016, 01:11 AM   #466
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Spoken like a true Pentaxian!!
That is the point.....it is Ricoh-Imaging Europe that hired the Nikon man to do the job. I hope not they put it large on their Photokina booth because that would be awfull. From the entrance you go left, up the start, down again and up to Canon (images made with Canon camera's are there), go down and on your right is Nikon (with images, but less and not so large displayed, made with Nikon camera's) and on your left is Ricoh-Imaging that displays a photoshop thing that was composed of some rand stock image and a Nikon made portrait.

When you do that, who cares what quality camera you make, if you don't use them.

09-06-2016, 01:12 AM   #467
Pentaxian

How would you access the EXIF on a printed image? How would anyone know the ad was shot with a Nikon? (and why would they care?)
Or... perhaps you're planning to stand next to it, screaming: "hey! this image was made with a Nikon D600!"?
09-06-2016, 01:16 AM   #468
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Do you realize what an ad is? Hint: it's not trying to sell the tools used to make the image, including but not limited to the printer, paper manufacturer, the computer and software used for processing and so on.

By the way, while this "OMG Ricoh used stock images in their ads" (IMHO stock images are made to be used) is completely nonsense, can't be even called a blunder. OTOH I already mentioned Huawei's deliberate attempt at disinformation, and here's Nikon stealing Canon 5D MkII footage for a D800 video:
Oops: Nikon Uses Stolen Canon 5D Mark II Footage for D800 Promo Video
That's what should get people upset.
And it is good that the Canon sells way more then the Nikon. People buy what they feel like delivering on their expectations and not the knock-off presentation made by some marketing company.

Using that same presentation three years after you made it, the K-3 posters are from late 2013, is scandalous. That is not understanding and learn ing from your own mistakes (wich is fine to make mistakes since we all make them from time to time.).

---------- Post added 06-09-16 at 10:17 ----------

How would you access the EXIF on a printed image? How would anyone know the ad was shot with a Nikon? (and why would they care?)
Or... perhaps you're planning to stand next to it, screaming: "hey! this image was made with a Nikon D600!"?
Maybe i bring a can of spray paint to Photokina.
09-06-2016, 01:19 AM - 3 Likes   #469
Pentaxian

samples from the HD PENTAX-DA 55-300mmF4.5-6.3ED PLM WR RE on a K-70:

Sorry to interrupt the off topic nonsense.

Here are some samples from the HD PENTAX-DA 55-300mmF4.5-6.3ED PLM WR RE on a K-70:

Rotschwänzchen | Richard | Flickr

Kohlweißling | Richard | Flickr

Amsel | Richard | Flickr

Great lens, as it seems.

09-06-2016, 01:21 AM   #470
Banned

This is the "I can get away with it" approach. I don't need to alter my methods as long as my Mother doesn't catch me. Well in a grown-up world you don't do that. I see you writing on some threads...."Hoya did this or left that", but in reality it is the people working there that do it and no onecan blaim Hoya for something anymore.
09-06-2016, 01:24 AM - 3 Likes   #471
Pentaxian

No, it's the "nobody cares but some guy with an anti-Pentax agenda" approach.
09-06-2016, 01:51 AM   #472
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
That is the point.....it is Ricoh-Imaging Europe that hired the Nikon man to do the job.
I don't think Ricoh consciously hired a Nikon man... they hired a photographer to produce marketing photos. He could have turned up with Nikon, Canon, Fuji, Sony, Olympus.... whatever. That said, I do think it would have been better to produce the images with Pentax equipment, just to avoid potential nit-picking.

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
When you do that, who cares what quality camera you make, if you don't use them.
With all due respect, Ron, I think you're placing way too much importance on what is basically a non-issue. These are just marketing photographs conveying a message that Pentax equipment is rugged and suitable for all weather use. Hand-drawn action-comic cartoon images would have done the same job

09-06-2016, 01:54 AM   #473
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
Sorry to interrupt the off topic nonsense.

Here are some samples from the HD PENTAX-DA 55-300mmF4.5-6.3ED PLM WR RE on a K-70:

Kohlweißling | Richard | Flickr

Amsel | Richard | Flickr

Great lens, as it seems.
Are you sure those weren't taken with a Nikon?
09-06-2016, 01:58 AM   #474
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Are you sure those weren't taken with a Nikon?
They look excellent. Somebody should review this lens and compare it with it's predecessor.
09-06-2016, 02:08 AM   #475
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
They look excellent. Somebody should review this lens and compare it with it's predecessor.
Agreed. I'd love to see a side-by-side comparison with the older model...
09-06-2016, 03:36 AM   #476
Pentaxian

I like that the build quality doesn't appear compromised (unlike the 18-50 RE).
09-06-2016, 05:08 AM - 1 Like   #477
JPT
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I've seen a side-by-side comparison of the existing red-ring HD55-300 and the new PLM RE lens, but only in print. The new one was shown to be sharper and have better bokeh.

When you think about it, this lens should be better. It has a new barrel, new optics, a new aperture system and a new AF technology. So it's basically all new and the only thing shared with the red-ring 55-300 is the focal range. I think they developed a whole new lens on the same focal range simply because it's such a popular second lens for DSLR buyers.

From trying the new lens on the K-70 in a shop, the build quality is very good, like a DA18-135 or a DFA 28-105. The extension mechanism is on a whole different level to the flimsy 18-50 RE, with a big, easy-to-press release button and a slight stiffness to the barrel as it extends. The AF is silent and a lot faster than the older lens.

It looks like Ricoh might prefer to spend their time on designing improved lenses, rather than trying to police the equipment choices of the marketing companies they use.
09-06-2016, 05:20 AM   #478
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
The new one was shown to be sharper and have better bokeh.
That was my immediate impression too.
09-06-2016, 06:05 AM   #479
Pentaxian

It looks like Ricoh might prefer to spend their time on designing improved lenses, rather than trying to police the equipment choices of the marketing companies they use.
Chuckle!

The HD 55-300 originates from the 2008 model, so while not that old, it's not new optics either.
Perhaps with the new lens, they're trying to replace (long term thinking - the "old" HD might be available for a while) both the HD and the DA* 60-250, as a good quality APS-C telezoom - with an eventual D FA replacement for the DA*.

I understated my good impression about this lens' build quality, didn't I?
09-06-2016, 06:37 AM   #480
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter