Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 143 Likes Search this Thread
09-06-2016, 06:41 AM   #481
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
I've seen a side-by-side comparison of the existing red-ring HD55-300 and the new PLM RE lens, but only in print. The new one was shown to be sharper and have better bokeh.
I've gone from being initially quite ambivalent about this new lens to being rather interested in it. I'm looking forward to the reviews and seeing what users here think

09-06-2016, 08:31 AM - 3 Likes   #482
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Maybe i bring a can of spray paint to Photokina.
Just curious, Ron...........
When you go to Photokina do you plan to go to the Pentax booth and badmouth them in person the way you do here on the forum?
09-06-2016, 09:16 AM   #483
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Just curious, Ron...........
When you go to Photokina do you plan to go to the Pentax booth and badmouth them in person the way you do here on the forum?
They know how I feel about those images. The "badmouth" is something I try to avoid. I save that for people who misbehave themselves.

An Edit on this, because I didn't understand the worth badmouth at first in the proper way. I thought it would be like calling names.

I don't think that pointing out on facts can be counted as badmouth. Having a discussion isn't badmouthing either. Making an analyses is also not something that I see as badmouthing.

Can you maybe point out where you think the badmouthing is in that thread....
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/16-pentax-news-rumors/313086-full-frame-n...april-1-a.html

Last edited by RonHendriks1966; 09-06-2016 at 09:27 AM.
09-06-2016, 09:39 AM   #484
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

because I didn't understand the worth badmouth at first in the proper way.
In this context we can substitute brand bashing for badmouthing.

I was just wondering whether you would bombard them in person with the constant stream of negativity that you regale us with from behind the safety of your keyboard.

Last edited by Parallax; 09-06-2016 at 09:45 AM.
09-06-2016, 09:54 AM   #485
Banned

In this context we can substitute brand bashing for badmouthing.
I do see those words used. Mostly totale misplaced. For a lot of people is talking about Pentax in any form difficult. So I see comments on me about "doomed" and acusing of bashing. Even when in the end I was just right.

In this thread....
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/16-pentax-news-rumors/320160-bcn-k-1-no-8...ml#post3686160
So because people think that Pentaxsells a lot of K-1 it must be succesfull and it cannot be so that sales are slow for some time. Well they where because of the quake that stopped production almost completely. Still I get acused of bashing.

Not all shiny things are gold.
09-06-2016, 10:03 AM - 1 Like   #486
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I do see those words used. Mostly totale misplaced. For a lot of people is talking about Pentax in any form difficult. So I see comments on me about "doomed" and acusing of bashing. Even when in the end I was just right.

In this thread....
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/16-pentax-news-rumors/320160-bcn-k-1-no-8...ml#post3686160
So because people think that Pentaxsells a lot of K-1 it must be succesfull and it cannot be so that sales are slow for some time. Well they where because of the quake that stopped production almost completely. Still I get acused of bashing.

Nor your commentary……………………….
09-06-2016, 10:07 AM   #487
Pentaxian

"Totale" misplaced?
Well that are maybe 100 sold units or so.

09-06-2016, 10:11 AM - 1 Like   #488
Pentaxian

I thought this thread was about a lens until somebody hijacked it to make it about himself
09-06-2016, 10:12 AM   #489
Banned

Well sony was interrupted with production for two periode of 4 week's. This information was put on this site by a member who knows. So those 100 units are just in the mids of one of those periods. It sounds strange, but my calculation works out. If you still believe that Pentax made 7000 units K-1 per month over the summer.......then fine with me.
09-06-2016, 10:18 AM   #490
Pentaxian

Actually it was on a period Pentax appeared to sell well. And nobody's claiming that Pentax was not impacted by the earthquakes, they definitely were.
09-06-2016, 10:19 AM - 3 Likes   #491
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Still I get acused of bashing.

Ron, let me explain it this way:
Just about everyone here, including myself, has had something negative to say about Pentax at one time or another. It's called expressing an opinion when done in moderation.
There are some, however, who feel it's their duty to point out every negative aspect of the company, or the product, or both (and/or put a negative spin on the positive) at every possible opportunity; and, if not presented with an opportunity, make one.

What differentiates expressing an opinion from bashing is the same thing that differentiates a cow pie form a manure pile.
Volume. It's all about the volume.
09-06-2016, 10:28 AM   #492
Banned

Ron, let me explain it this way:
Just about everyone here, including myself, has had something negative to say about Pentax at one time or another. It's called expressing an opinion when done in moderation.
There are some, however, who feel it's their duty to point out every negative aspect of the company, or the product, or both (and/or put a negative spin on the positive) at every possible opportunity; and, if not presented with an opportunity, make one.

What differentiates expressing an opinion from bashing is the same thing that differentiates a cow pie form a manure pile.
Volume. It's all about the volume.
On threads that I take out my calculator to look at figures......then I really don't mind if anyone is offended by the outcome of my calculation.
09-06-2016, 10:52 AM   #493
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

On threads that I take out my calculator to look at figures......then I really don't mind if anyone is offended by the outcome of my calculation.
Right. Threads. As I said above, it's all about the volume.
Perhaps you should re-read the Forum Rules taking particular note of the excerpts I've quoted below.
QuoteQuote:
Although debates and discussions are allowed, we would like to maintain a friendly forum and do not tolerate...................inflammatory posts. .................trolling is not allowed in any part of our site...................please do not lead 'brand wars' or bash a particular camera manufacturer.

Last edited by Parallax; 09-06-2016 at 11:45 AM.
09-06-2016, 11:25 AM   #494
Veteran Member

Just to talk about the lens, I really hope the PF review will adress the question of this lens compatibility with older bodies. I was looking at the B&H website, and in the Q&A section for this lens they clearly stated that it is comptaible with all K-mount cameras... So, I'm really wondering about this comptaiblity. Does it mean it works, but maybe within the limits imposed by KAF3, or works in photo mode but not in video ?

Last edited by CarlJF; 09-06-2016 at 11:43 AM.
09-06-2016, 11:44 AM   #495
Pentaxian

The lens is missing the aperture lever, so no; the most you could hope is to use it wide open (or at some aperture value which happens to be set).
Hmm... one of us should go to a Pentax store with an older camera, and check if you can use it at all. Unfortunately I can't, in the next days.