Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-23-2016, 07:43 AM   #136
Pentaxian
D1N0's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ---
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,095
It won't have better batterylife a top lcd or build quality than the k-3 II, no built in gps either. I prefer a more pro-like body like the K-3 II. Likely the K-3 II successor will have all advantages of the k-70 and the K-3 II plus something extra. Only disadvantage will be it's price.

07-23-2016, 09:07 AM   #137
Pentaxian




Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 4,626
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
It won't have better batterylife a top lcd or build quality than the k-3 II, no built in gps either. I prefer a more pro-like body like the K-3 II. Likely the K-3 II successor will have all advantages of the k-70 and the K-3 II plus something extra. Only disadvantage will be it's price.
Only when it come out. Give it time and it will be as innexpensive as K70. K3 is same price as K70 already. Some day it will cost near to nothing used.
07-23-2016, 09:27 AM   #138
Senior Member
Kuzma's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Moscow
Posts: 146
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Likely the K-3 II successor will have all advantages of the k-70 and the K-3 II plus something extra.
Yes, the K-3 II successor would be the best choice. But when it will be on sale? Nobody knows.
07-23-2016, 09:36 AM   #139
Pentaxian




Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 4,626
QuoteOriginally posted by Kuzma Quote
Yes, the K-3 II successor would be the best choice. But when it will be on sale? Nobody knows.
Somewhere between october/november this year and march/april next year if the past is any indication.

But except if you die for the articulated screen or do all your shooting in live view, K3 still noticably better than K70.

Even if you want theses features, K3/K3-II successor will come soon enough... But at a step price this time.

Kind of mix between K70 and K1 most likely.


Last edited by Nicolas06; 07-23-2016 at 11:16 AM.
07-23-2016, 09:50 AM   #140
Pentaxian
Na Horuk's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Slovenia, probably
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,712
I've been reading some contradictory information and odd discussion about this camera. Where can I see the official, confirmed, 100% correct features of this camera? I really don't like all the leaks and speculation that somehow become "fact"
07-23-2016, 10:23 AM - 2 Likes   #141
Senior Member
Kuzma's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Moscow
Posts: 146
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
I've been reading some contradictory information and odd discussion about this camera. Where can I see the official, confirmed, 100% correct features of this camera? I really don't like all the leaks and speculation that somehow become "fact"
On the official website
07-23-2016, 11:36 AM - 1 Like   #142
Pentaxian
RonHendriks1966's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,705
QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
Only when it come out. Give it time and it will be as innexpensive as K70. K3 is same price as K70 already. Some day it will cost near to nothing used.
I was offert a K-7 this week for 50 euro. I payed 1149 euro for it in 2009 when it came out.
07-23-2016, 12:05 PM   #143
Senior Member
Kuzma's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Moscow
Posts: 146
QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
Somewhere between october/november this year and march/april next year if the past is any indication.

But except if you die for the articulated screen or do all your shooting in live view, K3 still noticably better than K70.

Even if you want theses features, K3/K3-II successor will come soon enough... But at a step price this time.

Kind of mix between K70 and K1 most likely.
If so, I would rather wait a bit)
The problem is that I have two cameras. Panasonic HDC-HS900 - which only shoots video and now is actually out of date. And Samsung GX-20 that does not have a video mode and is outdated. Now I want to buy a camera that would be a replacement for both of them. Therefore, K-3 II possibly could be such a camera if it had a more advanced video mode.

07-23-2016, 12:57 PM   #144
Pentaxian
RonHendriks1966's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,705
QuoteOriginally posted by Kuzma Quote
If so, I would rather wait a bit)
The problem is that I have two cameras. Panasonic HDC-HS900 - which only shoots video and now is actually out of date. And Samsung GX-20 that does not have a video mode and is outdated. Now I want to buy a camera that would be a replacement for both of them. Therefore, K-3 II possibly could be such a camera if it had a more advanced video mode.
I don't think that even the follower for the K-3ii will have a more advanced video mode.
07-23-2016, 01:17 PM   #145
Pentaxian




Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 4,626
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I don't think that even the follower for the K-3ii will have a more advanced video mode.
Well most likely it will have K70 level but with a mix of K3-II / K1 feature for still.

Depending of discussion with Sony and the actual sensor used, we may even get 4K and full sensor read. I'll not bet anything on it, but this is quite possible. After all 6300 has been there for some time and Pentax just tried on sensor PDAF with K70...
07-23-2016, 02:55 PM   #146
Pentaxian
D1N0's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ---
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,095
QuoteOriginally posted by Kuzma Quote
Yes, the K-3 II successor would be the best choice. But when it will be on sale? Nobody knows.
Some people in Tokio know
07-23-2016, 05:42 PM   #147
Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: South Bend, IN, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,879
QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
Only when it come out. Give it time and it will be as innexpensive as K70. K3 is same price as K70 already. Some day it will cost near to nothing used.
I'm sure this is just a language issue, but your sentence seems to say that someday the K-3ii replacement and the K-70 will have the same price.
That is not true, of course, so I offer the following as an in-eloquent restatement of what you originally meant:
Someday the K3ii replacement will be as inexpensive as the K-70 is right now.
At that same time, the K-70 will be as inexpensive as the K-50 is right now.
{and each will have a replacement}
07-23-2016, 09:44 PM   #148
Senior Member
stein's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Subotica
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 234
I think that the main reason for price drops is bad marketing and/or thrashing in reviews. K-S1 was like $749/$799 (body/kit) in August 2014 when it was fresh. Now (discontinued) try guessing how much? Around $330 for brand new, unopened, unused... It was downsized by reviewers for several reasons, lack of wifi, not weather resistant, small grip and AF/MF switch getting in the way and that was enough to make many people think it's just a quirky odd product they better avoid even though it has really excellent performance regarding image quality in a really small and light package. It has many things (features) you don't expect to get from an entry level DSLR and I really like it just the way it is. Put a small 50mm prime on it and it's a real pleasure to work with. When I was about to buy something (looking for a Christmas present for myself), I was investigating and after comparing it with the other DSLRs I could get for that kind of money, it was running circles around competition (1200D, 100D and D3100/D3200) as it was significantly cheaper and had potential for better image quality if you ask me. Do take in account that I only had Canon cameras before that, never Pentax. Still, it was simply better and I decided to give it a go. No regrets.

K-3 II (body only) priced $1099 in April 2015, Now available for approx $850 (in Europe more like 900€). It's a price drop, but not so significant as the camera only has one or two missing details (according to some reviewers) and that would be an articulated display and the pop-up flash. I don't really need that flash (otherwise I'd go for K-3) but I could use the capability to turn the display the other way around to protect it in some situations. OTOH, having the GPS/Astrotracer (separately sold for around 200€) increases the value of K-3 II significantly and I might use Pixel Shift one day as well. I found nothing that would be "wrong" on this camera, found no complaints in reviews and am not scared by problems that some users may have had as it happens.

K-70 is now cheaper (announced at a lower price) than K-S1 was at the time and if these two would be on the market at those prices at which they were announced, it would be a no-brainer, I'd pick K-70 immediately, but the truth is that I found a brand new K-3 II at the same price as the K-70 (and still not available) and even though it does have some features I might find handy, K-3 II won for me...
07-23-2016, 10:16 PM   #149
Pentaxian




Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 4,626
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I'm sure this is just a language issue, but your sentence seems to say that someday the K-3ii replacement and the K-70 will have the same price.
That is not true, of course, so I offer the following as an in-eloquent restatement of what you originally meant:
Someday the K3ii replacement will be as inexpensive as the K-70 is right now.
At that same time, the K-70 will be as inexpensive as the K-50 is right now.
{and each will have a replacement}
Yeah they will all have the same price but not at the same time... Until they are all worth 50€ used as old outdated gear.

And already KS2, K3 and K70 have almost the same price.
07-24-2016, 12:03 AM   #150
Pentaxian




Join Date: Aug 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,028
I hope the k-3II replacement will not just be a minor upgrade. Though the features are acceptable, I still like improvements on high ISO images and a much better AF. Other than that, I'm okay.

However, if they can make it as small as the fuji XT-1, that would be great.
Edited
Sorry not ZT-1 but XT-1

Last edited by totsmuyco; 07-24-2016 at 03:50 AM.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
a6000, battery, camera, canon, color, customers, dof, gear, hobby, k-70, k70, lie, life, money, options, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, review, reviews, ricoh, row, sales, sensor, sony, stock, time, truth
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lens tests on K-1 : 15-30, 24-70, 70-200, 31, 43, 77, 100 Macro, 28-70 and 80-200 Mistral75 Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 14 06-28-2016 11:46 AM
New Pentax K-70 Rumored PF Staff Homepage & Official Pentax News 0 05-19-2016 11:10 PM
How does the new Pentax 70-200 compare to Tamron or sigma 70-200? Sandi in Halifax Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 27 04-28-2016 06:25 AM
For Sale - Sold: New in box: 16GB Pentax FLUcard O-FC1 (tether your K-3, K-3II, K-S1, or 645z) cheekygeek Sold Items 3 10-28-2015 05:08 AM
New Pentax 24-70 lens already supported by Lightroom DeadJohn Pentax News and Rumors 26 10-11-2015 05:56 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:45 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top