Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 98 Likes Search this Thread
08-05-2016, 02:48 PM - 1 Like   #256
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Dipsoid Quote
Eh, sounds more like "wah wah wah I can't take someone having a different opinion from mine." If someone lived in a desert and was thirsty I certainly wouldn't tell them to stop complaining or move somewhere else if they ask for water. I certainly wouldn't tell them they were complaining if they asked their government to build a well. I'll move on though, I think Pentax makes amazing cameras, and the one place they certainly are being left in the dust is video features. I think the K-70 is a step in the right direction of at least paying a little attention to video rather than making a minimal effort and slapping a "1080p video!" sticker on the box.
I have added you to the list of obnoxious people I do not want to read.

08-05-2016, 06:33 PM   #257

thanks for the personal attack, really constructive!
08-06-2016, 03:06 AM   #258
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by anu l Quote
good video is a legitimate demand from a customer to a camera company. I cannot accept "If you don't like it, change the brand" argument in this case. Even more so when the company had risen hopes of having better video/live view performance with hybrid focus.
Man you are not anymore a child writting his letter to father christmas.

This notion of legitimate demand doesn't exist.

Pentax Ricoh doesn't have to do anything you ask/want or whatever else. Like you don't have to buy anything from them. Your are not owning a signifcant percentage of Pentax Ricoh company, you are not the CEO or even a mid level manager in that company. Pentax Ricoh as a company is free to do whatever is legal in their country.

You have no power or legitimacy to make any demand as to what product or priorities they should have. Would they decide to stop entirely the Pentax line of product many of us would be quite disapointed but the only possible rationnale outcome would be to accept the reality. If some were really serious they could maybe try to negotiate to buy the brand and technology and continue, but the investment would be likely in hundred of millions of dollars.

They have no reason to fill any obligation to you and you don't have any obligation to them neither.

If it is more than just a rant but you have actual real need, then it would make sense to try to get it satisfied.

The easiest way seems to be to sell what you currently have and buy from what of theses numerous brand that deal with that key aspect much better from your own point of view.

If you don't do it, and just go with your rant, you have to assume you put the possibility of getting satisfaction out of your own hands and that as such there no reason from anybody else to be that interrested in your own interrest to spend their energy for you. In other words you may never get what you want. And nobody will care except you.

Last edited by Nicolas06; 08-06-2016 at 03:22 AM.
08-06-2016, 03:29 AM   #259
Veteran Member

Eh, sounds more like "wah wah wah I can't take someone having a different opinion from mine." If someone lived in a desert and was thirsty I certainly wouldn't tell them to stop complaining or move somewhere else if they ask for water. I certainly wouldn't tell them they were complaining if they asked their government to build a well. I'll move on though, I think Pentax makes amazing cameras, and the one place they certainly are being left in the dust is video features. I think the K-70 is a step in the right direction of at least paying a little attention to video rather than making a minimal effort and slapping a "1080p video!" sticker on the box.
It is a way to think that solution have always to come from others when someone has an issue. Government, enterprises, the familly... This may work.

This may not as not all people have for first priority to solve your own problems. They may have they own agenda and may not be that willing to spend their time, work and money to fix your problems. Actually it may be that only yourself care of your own problems.

From their point of view it would be stupid to prioritize your needs over their own.

08-06-2016, 06:13 AM   #260
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Why does everyone seem to want to shoot spectacular video by holding a heavy dslr out in front of them? If you want to shoot pro-looking video, get yourself a good video camera and have at it. And how did this thread get diverted from the new and very cool K-70?
The video rabbit hole.
08-06-2016, 08:06 AM - 1 Like   #261
Pentaxian

Eh, sounds more like "wah wah wah I can't take someone having a different opinion from mine." If someone lived in a desert and was thirsty I certainly wouldn't tell them to stop complaining or move somewhere else if they ask for water. ....
But suppose I produced some very fine wine. If they came to me, saying they met all their water needs through beverage, and my wine had too much alcohol but not enough water and trace elements, I would not water down my wine; instead I would suggest that they buy a "sports drink" from Pepsi or Coke.
08-07-2016, 02:30 AM   #262
Forum Member

You can see that way, or you can see as "hey, look at that car by Tesla! It gave me autopilot too"… I travel so much it would be awesome… I won't need taxy anymore… Go away Mercedes"

:P

08-08-2016, 04:58 AM   #263
Imp
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by shiner Quote
Why does everyone seem to want to shoot spectacular video by holding a heavy dslr out in front of them? If you want to shoot pro-looking video, get yourself a good video camera and have at it. And how did this thread get diverted from the new and very cool K-70? The video rabbit hole.
Well, dslr are actually a lot lighter than most good video cameras (Canon cinema, RED, blackmagic cinema), and most of those you wouldn't just handhold anyways. If you got a really light camera like the Blackmagic Pocket cinema camera, or the Panasonic G7, those would be lighter... but maybe so light it would be a lot more shaky to handhold it. Some weight is good.
And besides, most people don't want a dslr to just hold out in front of them... people put them on rigs, tripods, dollys, gimbals, etc, just like they would with a professional camera.
08-08-2016, 11:20 AM   #264
Pentaxian

Why does everyone seem to want to shoot spectacular video by holding a heavy dslr out in front of them? If you want to shoot pro-looking video, get yourself a good video camera and have at it. And how did this thread get diverted from the new and very cool K-70?
The video rabbit hole.
Of course, because of interchangeable optics.
08-08-2016, 12:00 PM - 1 Like   #265
Pentaxian

Why does everyone seem to want to shoot spectacular video by holding a heavy dslr out in front of them? If you want to shoot pro-looking video, get yourself a good video camera and have at it.
QuoteOriginally posted by Kuzma Quote
Of course, because of interchangeable optics.
If video were my governing decision variable, I'd be looking at a Panasonic or Sony MILC,
so I'd have ILC that does video well.

And how did this thread get diverted from the new and very cool K-70?
The video rabbit hole.
I've only been here 1-1/2 years, but the pattern I've seen every time is that the first day is full of praise for the good features, but by the second day people are raining scorn down on the one weakness they've identified.
K-3ii: lack of OnBoard Flash
K-1: video
K-70: video

Last edited by reh321; 08-09-2016 at 10:17 AM.
08-09-2016, 05:41 AM   #267
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
There must've been a change in some of the clearances in the lens mount of the new Pentax cameras. Not saying it's Pentax fault but the new designs definitely just don't fit easily with Sigma. At least just as with the k-1, they're willing to address it.
08-09-2016, 06:21 AM   #268
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Mike Tomkins at Imaging-resource have published their first studio test shots with their newly arrived K-70.
08-09-2016, 09:43 AM - 1 Like   #269
Pentaxian

Some more video shot on K-70

star timelapse

08-09-2016, 02:29 PM   #270
Pentaxian

So there is only one lens so far that can use the new video features.