Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 98 Likes Search this Thread
07-26-2016, 11:58 PM   #181
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Probably a way of marketing.
We it must works at least there. Many can't wait for that K70 and think it is just what they need.

Counting there by necessity a limited marketing budget here, that's well done.

It make sense anyway to market more the K1 than K70, and once people start to look at Pentax, they choose the body they prefer anyway.

07-27-2016, 01:42 AM   #182

QuoteOriginally posted by DevilWearsSurfPrada Quote
Torn between the K3/K3ii and this K70 as I am in the market for a new body.

I've held the K3 in the store and really like it - solid camera with lots of things a photographer likes. For my tastes the 8FPS, battery grip, ergonomics, and top viewer stand out. Would love to get my hands on the K70 and see how it feels alternatively. Things like WiFi, 1080p video, and improved AF are attractive- fun and modern sounding. But... I don't like feeling like I'm forced to invest in the 75-300MM Pulse Motor to take full advantage. I am wondering if anyone can enlighten me on this lens issue? What can be expected when using the K70 with older lenses including film era primes and zooms? I shoot my share of action sports from distance.
K-3 II the best bet for fast action photography, continuous AF tracking, with more AF points, deeper buffer, more FPS & more dedicated buttons for faster settings change, where OVF will be used.
K-70 has advantage in live view, articulating screen, useful in landscape, night photography, macro or anything involving tripod (so mostly in cases where very fast action isn't seen). It's not that K-70 wont be able to do fast action, it's just that K-3 II will do better than K-70 in this regards, but will cause pain to your neck if camera needs to be positioned in awkward angles since it doesnt have articulating screen.

you also dont get inbuilt wifi, & fast live view AF with K-3 II.
07-27-2016, 05:16 AM   #183
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by anu l Quote
K-3 II the best bet for fast action photography, continuous AF tracking, with more AF points, deeper buffer, more FPS & more dedicated buttons for faster settings change, where OVF will be used.
K-70 has advantage in live view, articulating screen, useful in landscape, night photography, macro or anything involving tripod (so mostly in cases where very fast action isn't seen). It's not that K-70 wont be able to do fast action, it's just that K-3 II will do better than K-70 in this regards, but will cause pain to your neck if camera needs to be positioned in awkward angles since it doesnt have articulating screen.

you also dont get inbuilt wifi, & fast live view AF with K-3 II.
Fast live view AF honestly not that necessary if you don't use live view, wifi you can get an SD card that does the same. Articulated screen, yes.

I mean if you want all, really wait a bit, there will be a flag APSC flagship either this Q4 this year or Q1 next year, it will have everything you could want, except for an FF sensor. If you need all, this would be for you.

But this will not be the price of K3 or K70 at least not as the beginning.
07-27-2016, 05:27 AM   #184
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
Fast live view AF honestly not that necessary if you don't use live view, wifi you can get an SD card that does the same. Articulated screen, yes.

I mean if you want all, really wait a bit, there will be a flag APSC flagship either this Q4 this year or Q1 next year, it will have everything you could want, except for an FF sensor. If you need all, this would be for you.

Not that I'll need a new camera but, I would love to see a new APSC flagship. Like I've always wished, with better AF probably close to the D7200 and better noise handling at high ISOs. I know I'm asking too much but, it would be great if it will be noise free at 3200 and highly usable at 6400. Just wishing, that's all.

07-27-2016, 05:45 AM   #185
Imp
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I'd say 1200 sound reasonable
07-27-2016, 05:57 AM   #186
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery

Not that I'll need a new camera but, I would love to see a new APSC flagship. Like I've always wished, with better AF probably close to the D7200 and better noise handling at high ISOs. I know I'm asking too much but, it would be great if it will be noise free at 3200 and highly usable at 6400. Just wishing, that's all.
07-27-2016, 10:40 AM   #187
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
Depend what you consider "noise free". Myself I consider that on a K3 800 iso is the max that one can consider great (after denoising). This depend of the shot of course. In good daylight with high shutter speed and lot of information in highlight a picture will look great at 1600 iso with that K3.

So by my expectations. 3200 iso would maybe be great on the K1. But getting great 3200 iso on APSC would need 1-2EV more of quality, I don't think there the technology for that available except if you convert to B&W.

With the A6300 sensor the signal is a bit better than a K3 or K5. K5 a bit better than K3. Maybe a very good implementation on the next Pentax flagship of this one, would push by my standard at 1600 iso.

But your expectations, my expectations or other expectations are all different. What is "noise free" ?

I am nearly sure that next APSC flagship with take most features of K1 and K70 in a mix with an APSC sensor. We can dicsuss what we be there or not. Like what articulated screen they'll use for example. The one of K1 or K70 ? Will it have 3 wheels like K1 ? But pixel shift, wifi, sensor with PDAF, 4.5 stop of SR, KAF4 support are all granted to me.

I am really not sure they'll decide to inaugurate a new AF sensor with more than 33 AF points. Say one with 50+ AF point and a bit more spread. I'd expect just more tweaking of the algorithms, but I might be surprized.

I am really not sure even for that A6300 BSI sensor... On K3, K3-II and on K1 they didn't use fancy sensors. They didn't use the 42MP sensor of A7R-II or even the 36MP sensor of D810 with 50iso support on K1.

But the next APSC flagship will need something unique and interresting. That can be 4K video. That can be very advanced pixel shift handled. That could be for me an EVF but I don't think one second Pentax would do that. Maybe in a KS3 first. The most logical time for an EVF K-mount in term of release is in 1-2 years once the next classical flagship had time to sell.

07-29-2016, 10:47 AM - 2 Likes   #188
Pentaxian

One of the first video reviews:
07-29-2016, 11:43 AM   #189
Imp
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Its more like a first impressions, except there isn't very much of an impression, and very little review. I like leehaze, especially if I just want to watch a video of pentax gear, but its not very substantive. Hopefully he's on the forums and he gets this feedback
07-29-2016, 11:49 AM - 1 Like   #190

QuoteOriginally posted by Kuzma Quote
One of the first video reviews: Pentax K-70 camera review - YouTube

Thanks Kuzma.

Igor
07-29-2016, 11:59 AM   #191
Loyal Site Supporter

Pretty sparse. My K-70 arrives next week. Guess I can do my own review!
07-29-2016, 12:56 PM   #192
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jgnfld Quote
Pretty sparse. My K-70 arrives next week. Guess I can do my own review!
We are looking forward for it
07-29-2016, 05:59 PM   #193

QuoteOriginally posted by Kuzma Quote
One of the first video reviews: Pentax K-70 camera review - YouTube
Is it just my ears or does the shutter sound louder and harsher on the K-S2 than on the K-70?
07-29-2016, 06:15 PM   #194
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by EArenz Quote
Is it just my ears or does the shutter sound louder and harsher on the K-S2 than on the K-70?
Where in that video does he trigger the shutter?
07-29-2016, 06:31 PM - 1 Like   #195

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Where in that video does he trigger the shutter?
Not a huge difference, but the time starts at 9:45 in the video where he's checking burst speed.