Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 98 Likes Search this Thread
07-29-2016, 07:13 PM   #196
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by EArenz Quote
Not a huge difference, but the time starts at 9:45 in the video where he's checking burst speed.
Thank you. sounds closer to the K-1 to my ears.. not a K-1 but more in vein of it's timbre... softer, slightly more electronic ting than the thunka from the KS-2

07-30-2016, 07:04 AM   #197
Pentaxian

Shutter is loud no matter how would you describe it, only the upper model will have the silent shutter
07-30-2016, 07:14 AM   #198
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Shutter is a lot louder with the body open. Also when shooting m42 lenses that don't cover the adapter holes.
07-30-2016, 07:45 AM   #199
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kuzma Quote
One of the first video reviews: Pentax K-70 camera review - YouTube
nothing interesting....no any AF tests in LV

07-30-2016, 08:55 AM   #200
Banned

I think this is the first camera, available in shops, that has not a single review or preview online!

Well done.
07-30-2016, 09:12 AM - 1 Like   #201
Pentaxian

another negative posting about Pentax. 100 in a row now. well done!
07-30-2016, 09:23 AM   #202
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Was this a lie?

I'm not used to buy without reading reviews... So, no reliable reviews of known sites, no buying for me

07-30-2016, 09:33 AM   #203
Pentaxian

The camera wasn't available to anyone yet. Thus no reviews sites like dpreview don't even bother to review Pentax medium camera's. They didn't review K-50 or K-s1 or K-s2. Anyway. Imaging Resource has written a preview about the K-70. That and Ron only says something about Pentax when it is negative.
07-30-2016, 09:38 AM   #204
Forum Member

The camera wasn't available to anyone yet. Thus no reviews sites like dpreview don't even bother to review Pentax medium camera's. They didn't review K-50 or K-s1 or K-s2. Anyway. Imaging Resource has written a preview about the K-70.
This, I think, is a problem Pentax should solve anytime soon :/

and Ron only says something about Pentax when it is negative.
Ah, I see. Didn't know his "history" here.
07-30-2016, 12:34 PM   #205
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Sasha Quote
Was this a lie?

I'm not used to buy without reading reviews... So, no reliable reviews of known sites, no buying for me
Not a lie, just something that came to my mind. Some people overhere don't like to read things that are simply true.

---------- Post added 30-07-16 at 21:35 ----------

Thank you for counting. I guess I was right for 100 times in a row then.
07-30-2016, 01:03 PM   #206
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I think this is the first camera, available in shops, that has not a single review or preview online!

Well done.
https://www.dpreview.com/products/pentax/slrs/pentax_k70

Another reality is that no-one did previously release any DSLR in that period of the year : probably even worse than btw Christmas and new year, as far as business slowed down... i presume last spring's tremmors side effect.
07-30-2016, 01:04 PM   #207
Banned

The world of youtubers is something special. There is a lot of money involved. Girls promoting lipstick, clothes and shoes. They get paid for to do that. It is different for reviewers for camera gear. They have to earn money on sales made. So you find a link on a site to buy a camera in a certain shop and they get a percentage of that sale. So reviewing a camera that you expect to make sales because it is popular is much more profitable then reviewing some Brand not making sales. The time involved to review a Nikon or Canon camera is the same for the Pentax. So if you experienced to make no sales on a last review......it starts looking like a hobby. Nothing wrong with having a hobby, but maybe not every youtuber that makes camera gear reviews is interested in having a hobby on making Pentax reviews.

---------- Post added 30-07-16 at 22:11 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
https://www.dpreview.com/products/pentax/slrs/pentax_k70

Another reality is that no-one did previously release any DSLR in that period of the year : probably even worse than btw Christmas and new year, as far as business slowed down... i presume last spring's tremmors side effect.
That is just a list of the specs, not even a preview in the way dpr makes it when they have an early pre production model in their hands. In a preview or review they at least have to get the camera in their hands to be taken seriously. Otherwise it is just a summary of the specsheet. Nothing wrong in that, also important, but it's not more then that. In the Netherlands there is a short clip from a store, holding the K-70 in his hands and telling you that the camera has buttons. Also not a serious review, but telling you they have it in store.

I'm not here to promote any Pentax gear, that is the job for the marketing people of Ricoh-Imaging. Maybe there are just not so many review sample camera's this time for the K-70 to pass around. Or maybe the reviews will come after the summer when the camera seazon is starten approaching Photokina.

Just to add a positive note..........

https://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2016/07/here-are-our-top-ten-favorite-produ...ast-ten-years/

The Pentax 645Z in that list. Also just a fact for me.

Last edited by RonHendriks1966; 07-30-2016 at 03:31 PM.
07-31-2016, 01:01 AM   #208
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
The world of youtubers is something special. There is a lot of money involved. Girls promoting lipstick, clothes and shoes. They get paid for to do that. It is different for reviewers for camera gear. They have to earn money on sales made. So you find a link on a site to buy a camera in a certain shop and they get a percentage of that sale. So reviewing a camera that you expect to make sales because it is popular is much more profitable then reviewing some Brand not making sales. The time involved to review a Nikon or Canon camera is the same for the Pentax. So if you experienced to make no sales on a last review......it starts looking like a hobby. Nothing wrong with having a hobby, but maybe not every youtuber that makes camera gear reviews is interested in having a hobby on making Pentax reviews.
I don't think it work like that. You have a review website. You review lot of things. You take care to make new article often and to have news and there should always be something new happening. otherwise you core audience will not come back.

Reviewing some Pentax gear, even if you think nobody will buy it from yourwebsite is no issue. People can go look at the review and finally buy a Nikon. This is as good for you. Or maybe they looked at that Nikon review, at the Pentax review and finally brought the Pentax. Honestly, you don't care. As long they click on ads. You acquire traffic with good content, show ads and make people click on them. If you explain your audience they can have some interresting Pentax deal, honestly it is much more interresting content than saying Canikon is good gear. People don't need you for that.

Part of the thing I think is exaustivity and reputation. To be trusted source of information. Dpreview honestly lost that for many Pentaxian with their recent review of K1 if they didn't before. I think it spread to more people actually that realized that their review were biased and so not be trusted. I am not sure that was a so great move except if you hope to make more traffic and more click from the flame wars...

To me they still decreased their own website value when they did a so obviously biased review. I think at least one their reviewer staff is a fanboy of Nikon and don't like Pentax... But reviewed Pentax anyway. That's counter productive for everybody.
07-31-2016, 02:16 AM   #209
Pentaxian

I've seen a lot of reviews of Pentax cameras in youtube and I think most said that the K-1 didn't do well in the AF to which I strongly agree with. However, some simply said this with out bashing the camera. There are some things that I don't like about others systems but, I don't bash them. I think most of us know if someone would like to put a system down and to me dpreview really wanted to put down the K-1.

Still, as far as I'm concerned, we know how to judge a system and that's why we are with Pentax. I'm sure you'll all agree that whatever reasons you have for buying into Pentax is definitely over the opinion that dpreview published. Honestly, I really don't care about their opinion.
07-31-2016, 03:19 AM   #210
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
I don't think it work like that. You have a review website. You review lot of things. You take care to make new article often and to have news and there should always be something new happening. otherwise you core audience will not come back.
In dslr the core audience is Canon and Nikon, they are >90% of the market.