Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-22-2016, 11:31 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2015
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,500
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
After watching launches of the K-3ii and K-1, I became aware that Pentaxians are happy only when they're complaining.

QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
Makes me wonder if Pentax is still using the same aperture motor that the K-30/50/500/S1/S2 is using.
Thus explaining the introduction of the KAF4 mount.

07-22-2016, 12:40 PM   #17
Pentaxian
The Squirrel Mafia's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 753
^ But I take it that the older AF lenses still need that arm. The upcoming newer lenses are the ones that run electronically, as far as I can tell.

I haven't had any issues with my K-50s yet, but there is always a possibility of that failure.

All the K-70 specs look pretty darn good for the price, though.
07-22-2016, 01:07 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2015
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,500
QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
But I take it that the older AF lenses still need that arm. The upcoming newer lenses are the ones that run electronically, as far as I can tell.
Yeah, I know - but the eventual goal is obviously to have a series of lenses that take electronic rather than mechanical aperture orders and render the camera-side mechanical equipment redundant (even if they decide to keep it for legacy support).

That way at least if the aperture arm motor fails, you can still buy KAF-4 lenses for it (or use one if you have it) instead of sending it back for repair.
07-22-2016, 01:43 PM   #19
KDD
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2013
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 329
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
He's coming from a K-5. I think it was a K-5 shooter that dubbed the K-30/50 shutter the "sonic boom". So the K-70 probably sounds exactly the same as the K-30/50/500/S2/S1.



There is no grip for the K-70. There is none listed in the specs or accessories, and while I can't find the post, one of the Japanese photo sites had a picture of the bottom when the K-70 was first announced. It was almost identical to the bottom of the K-S2.

The huge info sticker behind the LCD is the same as the K-S2 as well.
Why they say this? What it mean?

Look "new grip design"

This was accomplished by improving its operability, with a new grip design that provides firm hold of the camera body even with a gloved hand, and through a complete design review of the mode dial and control buttons

07-22-2016, 02:17 PM   #20
Pentaxian
Paul the Sunman's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,207
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Speaking of the K-1... where's the product information sticker on that?
It's on the bottom on the K1. To start with, the K1's screen doesn't get far enough out of the way to make reading anything behind it very convenient.
07-22-2016, 02:35 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
THoog's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,461
QuoteOriginally posted by KDD Quote
Why they say this? What it mean?

Look "new grip design"

This was accomplished by improving its operability, with a new grip design that provides firm hold of the camera body even with a gloved hand, and through a complete design review of the mode dial and control buttons
They are referring to the built-in grip on the right side of the camera, not an add-on grip. The "new grip design" on the K-70 is slightly deeper and more rounded than the grip on the K-S2.
07-22-2016, 02:36 PM   #22
mee
Site Supporter




Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 5,573
Who cares about a stupid info sticker? really people..


I'm wondering if there are any reviews of the image quality.. specifically with DR. This cam has a different pixel count than the K-3 II -- wondering if it is a different sensor. And thus wondering how the DR stacks with this one...

Last edited by BigMackCam; 07-22-2016 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Edited minor vulgarity
07-22-2016, 02:39 PM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
THoog's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,461
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
I'm wondering if there are any reviews of the image quality.. specifically with DR. This cam has a different pixel count than the K-3 II -- wondering if it is a different sensor. And thus wondering how the DR stacks with this one...
See this thread:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/193-pentax-k-70/326176-k-70-preview-high-...-japanese.html

It looks promising so far...

07-22-2016, 02:41 PM   #24
Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
BigMackCam's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North East of England
Posts: 6,096
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Who cares about a stupid info sticker? really people..
I don't care about it... I was just surprised how big it is and where it is. What - I can't voice an opinion now? Really...
07-22-2016, 02:52 PM - 1 Like   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
THoog's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,461
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I was just surprised how big it is and where it is. What - I can't voice an opinion now?
Just don't start a thread about how you won't buy a K-70 because of the sticker, or things will really get out of hand.
07-22-2016, 02:53 PM   #26
mee
Site Supporter




Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 5,573
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Indeed. ISO 1600 is rather clean as a SOOC JPG to my eyes. Esp for crop sensor. But I'm wondering how pushable the RAWs are.. good first look though!

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I don't care about it... I was just surprised how big it is and where it is. What - I can't voice an opinion now? Really...
I didn't realize the word beginning with c and rhyming with trap was a vulgarity around these parts. But at least I do now..

Oh and the sticker.. yeah but why have a discussional diatribe over it? It is just a sticker.. it doesn't get in the way of using the tool for it's intended purposes. I was more or less taken aback when seeing the first impressions in this thread were over a sticker and not the actual camera itself. haha
07-22-2016, 03:00 PM - 1 Like   #27
Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
BigMackCam's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North East of England
Posts: 6,096
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Oh and the sticker.. yeah but why have a discussional diatribe over it? It is just a sticker.. it doesn't get in the way of using the tool for it's intended purposes.
No diatribe. I was just surprised by it. I said that the camera looks great, and - other than that - I like it. No big deal

Last edited by BigMackCam; 07-22-2016 at 03:08 PM.
07-22-2016, 03:07 PM   #28
Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
BigMackCam's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North East of England
Posts: 6,096
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Just don't start a thread about how you won't buy a K-70 because of the sticker, or things will really get out of hand.
That's it... I'm done with Pentax... video still not a priority, and now "Stickergate"!!

Just kidding, just kidding...

For the avoidance of doubt to anyone else, the K-70 looks great to me
07-22-2016, 03:10 PM - 1 Like   #29
mee
Site Supporter




Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 5,573
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
That's it... I'm done with Pentax... video still not a priority, and now "Stickergate"!!

Just kidding, just kidding...
You should set up a petition to remove the sticker or else you're leaving Pentax. Give them a laugh come Monday morning..
07-22-2016, 03:14 PM - 3 Likes   #30
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GMT +10
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,720
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
You should set up a petition to remove the sticker or else you're leaving Pentax. Give them a laugh come Monday morning..
And write an 'open letter' to Ricoh about it, and post it all over the web.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
impressions, k-70, pentax, pentax k-70, pentax k-70 camera, pentax news, pentax rumors
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K-1 First Impressions and First Shots MikePlunkett Pentax K-1 41 07-29-2016 07:28 AM
Pentax K-S1 first impressions Adam Pentax K-S1 & K-S2 2 10-30-2014 02:11 PM
Pentax 645z unboxing and first look i83N Pentax Medium Format 2 07-01-2014 02:18 AM
K-3 - my first impressions and shots mattb123 Pentax K-3 2 11-08-2013 02:58 PM
K-r First Impressions and help needed Sekul Pentax K-r 5 11-18-2010 06:33 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:38 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top