I love my Theta.
Your are not alone obviously.

02-13-2017, 10:54 AM   #362
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
Your are not alone obviously.
'Technocratic features' from your prior post is a hoot!

Somewhere on the inter webs I saw a tear down of the M15. The permanently embedded battery is a bog-standard SB-100 CX5 battery and receptacle: the memory is a standard Transcend 4G microSD card in a permanently mounted standard card slot assembly.

They get $349 for these things!

Last edited by monochrome; 02-13-2017 at 11:03 AM.
04-27-2017, 11:38 PM   #363
Pentaxian

FY2017/03 Financial Highlights
http://www.ricoh.com/IR/financial_data/financial_result/data/29/q4_report.pdf
04-28-2017, 12:03 AM   #364
Pentaxian

Original Poster
"Sales in the Leasing business in the domestic market and Camera business in overseas increased, but was offset by the impact of the strengthening of the yen"

04-28-2017, 12:18 AM   #365
Pentaxian

Sales in the Other segment increased 2.7%(2896 million of yen),but operating profie reduced 6069 million of yen
04-28-2017, 12:45 AM   #366
Pentaxian

Original Poster
However, that's due to the impairment reported earlier and not to regular operations.
04-28-2017, 12:50 AM   #367
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
"... and Camera business in overseas increased"
No, no, no... this won't do at all. Where, oh where, is the doom and gloom?!?
04-28-2017, 12:55 AM - 1 Like   #368
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Uhh... then... Ricoh is just fudging the reports while preparing to sell Pentax to... let's see... JK Imaging?

04-28-2017, 01:32 AM   #369
Pentaxian

Sales in the Camera business in overseas increased

"Sales in the Leasing business in the domestic market and Camera business in overseas increased, but was offset by the impact of the strengthening of the yen"
Sounds very promising!
04-28-2017, 03:09 AM   #370
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
It's quite hard to know what is really going on because of the way Ricoh's accounting lumps cameras into an "Other" segment, together with assorted businesses, apparently.

However, they do seem to report a modest increase in camera sales since at times in the report "Other" is specifically identified as referring to sales of digital cameras. Considering that most or even all of the other camera companies are forecasting declining sales, that sounds pretty darn good to me. I suppose this doesn't tell us whether the increase is unit or value, so they might be selling fewer units but a switch to higher-value products like the KP and the K1 is keeping the revenue up.

That one-off impairment charge is now out of the way, let us hope. Classic move by a new management team - get the bad news and write-downs out of the way quickly and mutter about the previous regime?

One thing I did see is that sales in the Other segment were 85 per cent or so within Japan. Sales overseas were tiny. But I have no idea whether this refers to a variety of business in the Other category or just to cameras. I hope to heck it does not refer to cameras alone because if it does a split of more than 80/20 for home/export would suggest something isn't working all that well.

Last edited by mecrox; 04-28-2017 at 03:20 AM.
04-28-2017, 03:27 AM   #371
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mecrox Quote
. I hope to heck it does not refer to cameras alone because if it does a split of more than 80/20 for home/export would suggest something isn't working all that well.
But you already knew not many outside Japan have Pentaxes, Gaz. How many people you know outside of this forum are owners? We're a small but select bunch.

In any case, leasing is likely to be rhe largest parr of the Other division, they got out of uniforms.

Either way, it shows how silly us gaijin are complaining on a Western forum like this about video or lens choices or whatever - we're possibly irrelevant.
04-28-2017, 04:39 AM - 4 Likes   #372
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Uhh... then... Ricoh is just fudging the reports while preparing to sell Pentax to... let's see... JK Imaging?
Industry insiders say the lady who runs the noodle stand down by the train station has made Ricoh a very attractive offer - perhaps as much as two bowls of noodles and a fried prawn!
04-28-2017, 04:57 AM   #373
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
But you already knew not many outside Japan have Pentaxes, Gaz. How many people you know outside of this forum are owners? We're a small but select bunch.

In any case, leasing is likely to be rhe largest parr of the Other division, they got out of uniforms.

Either way, it shows how silly us gaijin are complaining on a Western forum like this about video or lens choices or whatever - we're possibly irrelevant.
I would hope that the sales split home/export of cameras is much better than 80/20, Marmaduke. If it is that, which personally I doubt, then it massively increases the chances of a bean counter deciding the company can save a few bob on overheads/marketing by withdrawing Pentax from Europe and North America and concentrating instead on Japan and a few places in the Far East. That would probably shaft 95 per cent of this forum's users so I am not keen on the idea at all and hope that the figures in the report include other types of biz which have skewed the split one way.
04-28-2017, 06:10 AM   #374
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Of course the Other group isn't only Ricoh Imaging, otherwise they'd call it Ricoh Imaging instead of Other. Besides Ricoh Imaging there's Ricoh Leasing, Ricoh Logistics and Ricoh Creative Service - which would heavily tilt the balance towards Japan. And maybe others.

The withdrawing stuff is just FUD, and we had too much of it. I would say, stop that, but I know it's useless.