Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 138 Likes Search this Thread
08-04-2016, 11:59 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Ricoh Financial results - FY2017/03

For now, just the "Financial highlights" - more information, including a presentation, should be added soon.

Ricoh fights with decreased sales in some segments, and unfavorable exchange rates. However, Ricoh Imaging (and consequently "Pentax") isn't doing bad:
QuoteQuote:
Sales in the Other segment increased by 6.7% as compared to the previous corresponding period, to ¥28.4 billion due to the increase in income
and profit in the Camera business
and Leasing business.
Financial Results:FY2017/03 | Global | Ricoh

08-05-2016, 12:35 AM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
It seems a very good news
08-05-2016, 12:50 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I wonder how big of an effect the Theta had on the increase. It seems to really have taken off.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-05-2016, 01:14 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Theta and the K-1, and lenses for the K-1?

08-05-2016, 01:21 AM - 1 Like   #5
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

I recall a post recently where someone called Ricoh / Pentax a dying brand, or words to that effect... These results would suggest otherwise
08-05-2016, 01:21 AM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
For now, just the "Financial highlights" - more information, including a presentation, should be added soon.

Ricoh fights with decreased sales in some segments, and unfavorable exchange rates. However, Ricoh Imaging (and consequently "Pentax") isn't doing bad:

Financial Results:FY2017/03 | Global | Ricoh
Could it be me...no way, because my bag begins to look like a museum:-)))
Anyway, good news i think.

Last edited by Pande; 08-05-2016 at 01:32 AM.
08-05-2016, 02:00 AM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I recall a post recently where someone called Ricoh / Pentax a dying brand, or words to that effect... These results would suggest otherwise
If you can call any brand on Forbes Global 2000' list dying then well Nikon is not even listed Ricoh was around 750th place as I remember, Canon 250th and no Nikon at all

08-05-2016, 03:46 AM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Somebody called Ron ?
08-05-2016, 03:57 AM - 1 Like   #9
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Somebody called Ron ?

I think the good news has probably soured his day, Thibs ... unless his dog wants a kicking, it'd better stay clear of him for a while!
08-05-2016, 04:50 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
I think the good news has probably soured his day, Thibs ... unless his dog wants a kicking, it'd better stay clear of him for a while!
And the American Women's Soccer team won the World Cup.

Last edited by monochrome; 08-05-2016 at 04:59 AM.
08-05-2016, 05:22 AM - 2 Likes   #11
Banned

Bullying

I do wonder how that works in your tiny little fanboy brain when you collectively harress someone, Wheater it's me or someone who made a review of Pentax gear and put it online?

See I do notice these things. I see some people writing on notes I make or dumbing down remarks or analyses. But I never see them coming back when later it turns out that an analyses was right.
08-05-2016, 06:02 AM - 1 Like   #12
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Told you he'd be in a bad mood ...

Last edited by clackers; 08-05-2016 at 06:18 AM.
08-05-2016, 06:41 AM - 10 Likes   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I do wonder how that works in your tiny little fanboy brain when you collectively harress someone, Wheater it's me or someone who made a review of Pentax gear and put it online?

See I do notice these things. I see some people writing on notes I make or dumbing down remarks or analyses. But I never see them coming back when later it turns out that an analyses was right.
I don't think people should pick on you, Ron, but you really flipped on Pentax. There was a time when you were shooting a lot and a big Pentax proponent, then at some point, you stopped shooting/posting and started generally disparaging Pentax's direction and cameras.

Fan boys aren't right in their universally rosy forecasts, but at the same time, those who constantly preach negativity with regard to Pentax products aren't correct either. Products like the K-1 have done well, there has been steady growth over time, and I don't see much negative at present.
08-05-2016, 06:59 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I don't think people should pick on you, Ron, but you really flipped on Pentax. There was a time when you were shooting a lot and a big Pentax proponent, then at some point, you stopped shooting/posting and started generally disparaging Pentax's direction and cameras.

Fan boys aren't right in their universally rosy forecasts, but at the same time, those who constantly preach negativity with regard to Pentax products aren't correct either. Products like the K-1 have done well, there has been steady growth over time, and I don't see much negative at present.
Probably got to shoot another brand and noticed the difference in AF performance. But, I'd also like to know from Ron as to why.
08-05-2016, 07:09 AM - 1 Like   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by HopelessTogger Quote
Probably got to shoot another brand and noticed the difference in AF performance. But, I'd also like to know from Ron as to why.
I thought he sold all of his Pentax gear except for his K-01. He has posted various times about folks with i pads replacing real photographers on the side lines.

But if you can get good shots with a K5 (he could), then surely you could as well with a K3 II or a K-1.