Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-04-2016, 11:59 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Romania
Posts: 8,841
Ricoh Financial results - FY2017/03

For now, just the "Financial highlights" - more information, including a presentation, should be added soon.

Ricoh fights with decreased sales in some segments, and unfavorable exchange rates. However, Ricoh Imaging (and consequently "Pentax") isn't doing bad:
QuoteQuote:
Sales in the Other segment increased by 6.7% as compared to the previous corresponding period, to 28.4 billion due to the increase in income
and profit in the Camera business
and Leasing business.
Financial Results:FY2017/03 | Global | Ricoh

08-05-2016, 12:35 AM   #2
Junior Member




Join Date: Mar 2012
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 48
It seems a very good news
08-05-2016, 12:50 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 41,635
I wonder how big of an effect the Theta had on the increase. It seems to really have taken off.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-05-2016, 01:14 AM   #4
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Romania
Posts: 8,841
Original Poster
Theta and the K-1, and lenses for the K-1?

08-05-2016, 01:21 AM - 1 Like   #5
Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
BigMackCam's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North East of England
Posts: 6,120
I recall a post recently where someone called Ricoh / Pentax a dying brand, or words to that effect... These results would suggest otherwise
08-05-2016, 01:21 AM   #6
Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Kristiansand S
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 198
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
For now, just the "Financial highlights" - more information, including a presentation, should be added soon.

Ricoh fights with decreased sales in some segments, and unfavorable exchange rates. However, Ricoh Imaging (and consequently "Pentax") isn't doing bad:

Financial Results:FY2017/03 | Global | Ricoh
Could it be me...no way, because my bag begins to look like a museum:-)))
Anyway, good news i think.

Last edited by Pande; 08-05-2016 at 01:32 AM.
08-05-2016, 02:00 AM - 1 Like   #7
Senior Member




Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Warsaw
Posts: 265
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I recall a post recently where someone called Ricoh / Pentax a dying brand, or words to that effect... These results would suggest otherwise
If you can call any brand on Forbes Global 2000' list dying then well Nikon is not even listed Ricoh was around 750th place as I remember, Canon 250th and no Nikon at all
08-05-2016, 03:46 AM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian
thibs's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgium
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,215
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I recall a post recently where someone called Ricoh / Pentax a dying brand, or words to that effect... These results would suggest otherwise
Somebody called Ron ?

08-05-2016, 03:57 AM - 1 Like   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
clackers's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Albums
Posts: 8,362
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Somebody called Ron ?

I think the good news has probably soured his day, Thibs ... unless his dog wants a kicking, it'd better stay clear of him for a while!
08-05-2016, 04:50 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 20,001
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
I think the good news has probably soured his day, Thibs ... unless his dog wants a kicking, it'd better stay clear of him for a while!
And the American Women's Soccer team won the World Cup.

Last edited by monochrome; 08-05-2016 at 04:59 AM.
08-05-2016, 05:22 AM - 2 Likes   #11
Pentaxian
RonHendriks1966's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,675
Bullying

I do wonder how that works in your tiny little fanboy brain when you collectively harress someone, Wheater it's me or someone who made a review of Pentax gear and put it online?

See I do notice these things. I see some people writing on notes I make or dumbing down remarks or analyses. But I never see them coming back when later it turns out that an analyses was right.
08-05-2016, 06:02 AM - 1 Like   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
clackers's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Albums
Posts: 8,362
Told you he'd be in a bad mood ...

Last edited by clackers; 08-05-2016 at 06:18 AM.
08-05-2016, 06:41 AM - 10 Likes   #13
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southern Indiana
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 15,435
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I do wonder how that works in your tiny little fanboy brain when you collectively harress someone, Wheater it's me or someone who made a review of Pentax gear and put it online?

See I do notice these things. I see some people writing on notes I make or dumbing down remarks or analyses. But I never see them coming back when later it turns out that an analyses was right.
I don't think people should pick on you, Ron, but you really flipped on Pentax. There was a time when you were shooting a lot and a big Pentax proponent, then at some point, you stopped shooting/posting and started generally disparaging Pentax's direction and cameras.

Fan boys aren't right in their universally rosy forecasts, but at the same time, those who constantly preach negativity with regard to Pentax products aren't correct either. Products like the K-1 have done well, there has been steady growth over time, and I don't see much negative at present.
08-05-2016, 06:59 AM   #14
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Roi-et, Thailand
Posts: 773
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I don't think people should pick on you, Ron, but you really flipped on Pentax. There was a time when you were shooting a lot and a big Pentax proponent, then at some point, you stopped shooting/posting and started generally disparaging Pentax's direction and cameras.

Fan boys aren't right in their universally rosy forecasts, but at the same time, those who constantly preach negativity with regard to Pentax products aren't correct either. Products like the K-1 have done well, there has been steady growth over time, and I don't see much negative at present.
Probably got to shoot another brand and noticed the difference in AF performance. But, I'd also like to know from Ron as to why.
08-05-2016, 07:09 AM - 1 Like   #15
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southern Indiana
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 15,435
QuoteOriginally posted by HopelessTogger Quote
Probably got to shoot another brand and noticed the difference in AF performance. But, I'd also like to know from Ron as to why.
I thought he sold all of his Pentax gear except for his K-01. He has posted various times about folks with i pads replacing real photographers on the side lines.

But if you can get good shots with a K5 (he could), then surely you could as well with a K3 II or a K-1.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
business, camera sales, cameras, company, design, figures, k-1, k-70, logistics, ltd, ltd., money, pentax, pentax k-70, pentax news, pentax rumors, people, products, profit, ricoh, ricoh financial results, sales, segment, sensor, service, tamron, thread, time
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Financial year report Ricoh. RonHendriks1966 Photographic Industry and Professionals 21 04-30-2016 02:50 PM
Q3 Ricoh financial report Imp Photographic Industry and Professionals 6 02-10-2016 12:00 PM
Financial result Ricoh RonHendriks1966 Pentax News and Rumors 72 11-04-2015 06:39 AM
Ricoh Imaging is not doomed (or: Ricoh Financial Results Q1 2016) Kunzite Pentax News and Rumors 69 10-24-2015 10:31 AM
Ricoh Financial Results Q3 2014 JPT Photographic Industry and Professionals 18 02-16-2014 12:14 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:03 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top