Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-15-2016, 09:51 AM - 1 Like   #16

Photos: Gallery
Some people are missing the point, not the best one within a price range wins... And also depends how they count and who's votes... Plus, does anyone know what is the criteria? Was any Pentax nominated at all?
Nah, the best reward title is when someone asks me what camera do I have and when I say Pentax, I hear a "wow!"... That is a winner in my eyes.

08-15-2016, 10:21 AM - 2 Likes   #17
Pentaxian

I'm pretty sure that this EISA is just a money-making sham where they create tons of categories and sub-categories in order to hand out awards all over the place, and then charge royalty/licensing fees when their award logos are used in advertising by the proud award winners. But since everyone knows that Pentax doesn't advertise, why bother wasting an award on them?

I looked into this organization a couple years ago when I felt like something was strange about them, and their website hasn't changed since then. For an organization that is supposedly the result of a collaboration between dozens of industry magazines (none of which I've ever heard of), the writing on the website is very poor.

In addition to numerous grammar and spelling mistakes (one example: using 'where' in place of 'were'), the writing is just awkward and amateurish. The same mistakes that where [ha ha!] there two years ago when I first looked into the organization still remain.

And look at how their awards are dispersed: This year they awarded cameras from Canon, Nikon, Sony, Panasonic, Fuji, and Olympus...averaging about 2 awards each. So, yeah, they pretty much covered their bases. And for good measure, they got Sigma, Tamron and even Samsung in on the party too.

Wow, everyone's a winner! What are the chances??? (Same story last year, BTW.)
08-15-2016, 10:38 AM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

https://www.eisa.eu/faq.html

When you read this, maybe the K-1 hadn't been tested by enough magazines yet before the nomination in the middle of may.
08-15-2016, 10:45 AM   #19
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Pentax is doomed
Of course !

08-15-2016, 12:52 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stein Quote
Some people are missing the point, not the best one within a price range wins... And also depends how they count and who's votes... Plus, does anyone know what is the criteria? Was any Pentax nominated at all?
Nah, the best reward title is when someone asks me what camera do I have and when I say Pentax, I hear a "wow!"... That is a winner in my eyes.
I got that question this weekend when I showed up with some CVS prints of some of my favorites shots from the week.
"Wow, those are nice, what kind of camera do you have, is it a Canon?" I almost asked him (because they run a cafe) what kind of pans they use because their food is so good... . Instead I said Pentax and suggested that 44 years of taking pictures was part of the reason the shots might be the way they are...
08-15-2016, 03:42 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Simen1 Quote
https://www.eisa.eu/awards/photography.html

What have they been smoking?
Last year Ricoh won several. I will say the same thing I said back then. I would put to much into the EISA awards. They are pretty meaningless.
08-15-2016, 07:34 PM   #22
Pentaxian

No awards? No worries!
08-15-2016, 08:27 PM   #23
Pentaxian

This whole thing reminds me of something...

08-15-2016, 08:36 PM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter

If you have a K1 and enjoy it as much as I do mine, you don't worry much about awards or the opinions of others.

Regards!
08-16-2016, 01:09 AM   #25
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Edgar_in_Indy Quote
I'm pretty sure that this EISA is just a money-making sham where they create tons of categories and sub-categories in order to hand out awards all over the place, and then charge royalty/licensing fees when their award logos are used in advertising by the proud award winners. But since everyone knows that Pentax doesn't advertise, why bother wasting an award on them?

I looked into this organization a couple years ago when I felt like something was strange about them, and their website hasn't changed since then. For an organization that is supposedly the result of a collaboration between dozens of industry magazines (none of which I've ever heard of), the writing on the website is very poor.

In addition to numerous grammar and spelling mistakes (one example: using 'where' in place of 'were'), the writing is just awkward and amateurish. The same mistakes that where [ha ha!] there two years ago when I first looked into the organization still remain.

And look at how their awards are dispersed: This year they awarded cameras from Canon, Nikon, Sony, Panasonic, Fuji, and Olympus...averaging about 2 awards each. So, yeah, they pretty much covered their bases. And for good measure, they got Sigma, Tamron and even Samsung in on the party too.

Wow, everyone's a winner! What are the chances??? (Same story last year, BTW.)

The Eisa is an European award. And some of the magazines I do know (the dutch, English Belgian, france german, Spanish). But others I do not know (like the polish one, as I do no read or speak Polish. But the magazine could be an old one already). Maybe that is why you haven't heard of them