Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-05-2016, 12:45 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Heie Quote
I was a K-3 ambassador ... Ricoh Imaging USA office provided me zero support ... months of waiting for a response, and even longer trying to get anyone on the phone ... have nowhere to go but up.
So now you are a State-less Ambassador? Or an Ambassador without a cause? Maybe an emeritus Ambassador.

But seriously, it does seem something of a failure of outreach and support for it's Ambassadors by RI USA.

09-05-2016, 02:15 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Glad that office closed - have nowhere to go but up since none of those RI USA staff were kept.
Which office closed? I missed it...
09-05-2016, 05:21 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I was a K-3 ambassador, given a K-3 upon my return from Afghanistan in 2013, however the past 18 months the Ricoh Imaging USA office provided me zero support and I had to start over with gaining any traction with emails after literally months of waiting for a response, and even longer trying to get anyone on the phone.

Glad that office closed - have nowhere to go but up since none of those RI USA staff were kept.

-Heie
There never was a solide plan on how to organise and deal with ambassadors and what functions they could have in marketing or presenting the brand. So ending up with a mishmash of it was inevitable.
09-06-2016, 07:06 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Which office closed? I missed it...
I think Denver. I could be wrong. Rumor has it that Ricoh consolidated operations into existing Ricoh offices and did not keep existing employees. I think the new office is in New York or New Jersey.

09-06-2016, 04:26 PM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I think Denver. I could be wrong. Rumor has it that Ricoh consolidated operations into existing Ricoh offices and did not keep existing employees. I think the new office is in New York or New Jersey.
Correct.
09-06-2016, 04:45 PM   #21
Lens Buying Addict

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I suspect there were so few management employees left the only people who actually lost jobs were secretaries and mail-room types.

Correct.
Rumor has it they contemplated a complete-internet only distribution model using their own in-house store front and no dealers. K-1, however, was allocated, I was told, which supports B&M dealers over pre-order consolidators.
09-12-2016, 10:27 PM   #22
Pentaxian

How many employees they had in Denver, four or five? And could not keep even those working part time, or offer them move in New York or New Jersey to Ricoh's own facilities? What an utterly pathetic 'company'.

This was all visible 5-6 years ago: Pentax, then Pentax Ricoh Imaging, then Ricoh Imaging, now only Ricoh — it was all there, users knew it will come, and it means the leviathan has swallowed another fish and spit out the bones. Less I know about them, the better.

Last edited by Uluru; 09-12-2016 at 10:39 PM.
09-13-2016, 12:51 AM   #23
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
How many employees they had in Denver, four or five? And could not keep even those working part time, or offer them move in New York or New Jersey to Ricoh's own facilities? What an utterly pathetic 'company'.

This was all visible 5-6 years ago: Pentax, then Pentax Ricoh Imaging, then Ricoh Imaging, now only Ricoh it was all there, users knew it will come, and it means the leviathan has swallowed another fish and spit out the bones. Less I know about them, the better.
I see this as a wat of cleaning up without having to pay leaving staff. They are welcome to move and keep the Job, but in reality Almost no one doen.

09-13-2016, 01:39 AM   #24
Pentaxian

Tighter integration between Pentax/Ricoh Imaging and Ricoh... is that bad?
09-13-2016, 01:48 AM   #25
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Tighter integration between Pentax/Ricoh Imaging and Ricoh... is that bad?
It depends on where you place the knots...

Last edited by Nass; 09-13-2016 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Link was not entirely appropriate for a family forum =)
09-15-2016, 12:30 PM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter

So is it confirmed that Pentax in Colorado is no more and that there is now only the Ricoh office back east? Are any of the old Colorado Pentax people left? Who do we call? Over the last couple of years I have received excellent help from the Denver/Golden office on several occasions.