Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
08-31-2016, 05:08 AM - 2 Likes   #1
Banned

Photos: Gallery
Ambassadors for Ricoh-Imaging

From Mistral I saw a post wich contained a link to a for me new site.

http://pxp.ricoh-imaging.de/titel/

There wasn't a .nl version, so maybe only for Germany or for Photokina.

Last edited by RonHendriks1966; 08-31-2016 at 05:34 AM.
08-31-2016, 05:17 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Thanks.
Anyone besides Mike who is a forum member here (or/and on the other forum)?
08-31-2016, 05:17 AM   #3
Banned

Original Poster
So I took a brief look. Nice images and nice project. Not much K-1 and no K-70. Also no K-3ii.
08-31-2016, 05:21 AM   #4
Pentaxian

The 645 (Z&D) seems dominant
There are 2 K-1s, 2 K-3, 2 GRs. But those are boring details.

Mike is an excellent photographer (IMHO); I'm sure I'll enjoy searching for, and looking at the others' portfolios.

08-31-2016, 05:30 AM   #5
Banned

Original Poster
Well Mike Muizebelt will be at the stand at Photokina. Maybe some or all of the other photographers will be there too.
08-31-2016, 05:44 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Great. Maybe I'll be able to meet him in person. Maybe I did it already, at the last edition...
08-31-2016, 06:03 AM   #7
Pentaxian

http://pxp.ricoh-imaging.de/fotografen/ has been up some months

The site // FOTOGRAFEN | PENTAX portfolio has been up for some months now and is quite nicely made.

The best know photographer probably is Nicole Oestereich who presents her very nice "Zirkus FlicFlac" project there, which she already featured to show what you can do with the K-1: Nicole Oestreich (Zirkus FlicFlac) | PENTAX portfolio (scroll down to see the image thumbnails then click on them).
http://i2.wp.com/pxp.ricoh-imaging.de/wp-content/uploads/12-Nicole-Oestreich...?fit=800%2C800
http://i1.wp.com/pxp.ricoh-imaging.de/wp-content/uploads/13-Nicole-Oestreich...fit=800%2C1199

08-31-2016, 07:22 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
which she already featured to show what you can do with the K-1:
This is one of the things that actually sold me on getting one, one day - that a working photographer was pleased with its handling and ability to acquire images under less-than-optimal conditions. The sort of stuff she was shooting was sufficiently far beyond the level of difficulty of anything I have ever attempted that I should anticipate no problems.

QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
Behind the next corner in the shadows there might again be a fiendish and brainless Pentaxian lurking as part of the evil global conspiracy against infallible dpr fans.
LOLOLOLOL!!
08-31-2016, 08:20 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
This is one of the things that actually sold me on getting one, one day - that a working photographer was pleased with its handling and ability to acquire images under less-than-optimal conditions.
If you want to handle a K-1 before making the final decision to buy, you can handle mine...or if you want a K-3 with a low shutter count. I work in St. John's and live in C.B.S.
08-31-2016, 10:48 AM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pete-tarmigan Quote
If you want to handle a K-1 before making the final decision to buy, you can handle mine...or if you want a K-3 with a low shutter count.
Many thanks for your offer.

I've already made the actual decision to buy the K-1 (i.e. it will be my next DSLR); the only question is when. It will probably be my Christmas or birthday present from wife, kids, dogs, mice, and every living thing that creeps in the garden (and which, sooner or later, will be photographed with it). Right now I am on a major film splurge and may even defer the purchase to my birthday next year.

Should you ever find reason to be in Central Newfoundland, PM me a day or two before and we can make arrangements to meet up. St John's is not all that far really, but the nature of my work commitments means I don't see any possibility of getting that far out of town between now and I don't know when.
08-31-2016, 01:41 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

These are inspiring portfolios. I'm pleased, but not surprised the 645 Z is being used to such brilliant effect.
09-01-2016, 10:42 PM   #12
Veteran Member

This just reminds me that I need to take another shot at inquiring about being an ambassador for them. Hopefully they will be more receptive to me this time around.
09-02-2016, 01:42 AM   #13
Veteran Member

It looks like a hard life, being a Pentax Ambassador:

FYI, Pentax Ambassadors are more common than I thought.

After only 2 minutes of Googling, I've come across them all over the world now - eg:

- these Italian Pentax Ambassadors/ 'Pentax Photography Team' members:
Fowa Ambassador

- a Pentax brand ambassador for Bangladesh:
Sajib Paul appointed as PENTAX brand ambassador | theindependentbd.com

- even one in Singapore:
Instagram

Probably more Ambassadors lurking all over the place.
09-02-2016, 02:23 AM - 1 Like   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
FYI, Pentax Ambassadors are more common than I thought... Probably more Ambassadors lurking all over the place.
I'm one of those ambassador lurkers... There are various ways into ambassadorship that I'm aware of. One is they grab you as a pro photographer, gear you up, use some of your photos, get you to be at the stand at trade shows and even do co-hosted seminars and/or experience days. Another is they contact you out of the blue based on portfolio, shots you've submitted, social media presence, recommendations from other ambassadors based on their knowledge of what you do with the brand - this is how they contacted me. Again they ask you for photos occasionally and they disperse them across various social media (FB, IG, Twitter). There tend to be camera body specific ambassadors and some are not; I was a K-3ii ambassador. This form of marketing - brand champions - all seems to be done on a country by country basis and I get the feeling that it's the regional headquarters that decide whether or not any country merits ambassadors, how many, etc. In the case of the UK the agency that decides this used to be an outsourced PR agency but it has recently moved internally again.
09-04-2016, 10:42 PM   #15
Veteran Member

I was a K-3 ambassador, given a K-3 upon my return from Afghanistan in 2013, however the past 18 months the Ricoh Imaging USA office provided me zero support and I had to start over with gaining any traction with emails after literally months of waiting for a response, and even longer trying to get anyone on the phone.

Glad that office closed - have nowhere to go but up since none of those RI USA staff were kept.

-Heie