Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-18-2016, 04:35 PM - 1 Like   #151

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
That's your problem. Plastic DA35 and DA50 have just decent image quality, sufficient for primary- to high-school projects.
Not for serious photography. Pentax users have no idea what a good 35mm or 50mm may produce because they never had a really good one. When folks come and say, "we have Takumars, we have 6-blade FA50, cheapo DA50", that is for kids today. For example, today's Tamron 35/1.8 and 45/1.8 lenses are miles ahead of Pentax offer. Tamron 45/1.8 dwarfs FA 43/1.9 in all respects. Simply because Tamron never stopped improving and always positively reacted to feedback. I won't even write about even more serious Zeiss and Leica stuff, Nikkor 35/1.4, etc. because it's embarrassing.
You really should stop writing about Pentax lenses, you obviously have zero competance about this area within photography.

Last edited by bjolester; 09-19-2016 at 02:15 PM.
09-19-2016, 05:44 PM   #152
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by northcoastgreg Quote
It is sometimes attributed to Hirakawa, but actually the FA 35mm was designed by Takayuki Sensui, who's also responsible for the FA 200 f4 and the FA 20-35. See here for the patent.

Right so.
through the viewfinder: Known Pentax lens designs and designers
09-19-2016, 06:29 PM   #153
Veteran Member

I have my own frustration about Pentax new prime road map which I think it way too little in details and over all too slow for a new prime to hit market, but after read @Uluru comments here, and wow... it looks like his frustration is way way beyond me.
I hope, somehow Ricoh or Pentax Japan checks this site sometime and read what Uluru have to say about them.
Come on Ricoh, some people really piss here. lol (Gosh.. so many demand here!)

Back to the topic, I used to own a FA35. Later sold it to a forum member because I also have a F28.
35 and 28 are too close, both of them are really good and I couldn’t make up my mind what to keep so I put them on sale and let the market decide for me. I am a kind of miss it whenever I see a post about FA35. It was a really nice lens.