Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-02-2016, 02:34 PM   #46
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Link gave me a system error from the forum.
Strange - the link work works on all of my devices. I started the thread "Cactus V6 & Pentax AF201FG - they work together!" under the section "PentaxForums.com → Photography → Flashes, Lighting, and Studio. Maybe you can get there "manually"?!

10-02-2016, 03:44 PM   #47
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I will try on another device later. Not working on an iPhone 6s with Safari on iOS 9.3.5
10-03-2016, 03:32 PM - 2 Likes   #48
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
Well, you never can have everything in life.
The AAA batteries are a compromise in favour of size.
I own the Metz 26AF-2 because the K-1 is sans on-board flash I figured a small flash would be handy and I do not want to schlepp around my big Metz 64 AF-1 all the time. Before you get too hung up about AAA batteries consider the fact that this little flash is very light and fits easily in a shirt pocket. But the best part is, it is a very capable little unit and a million times more useful than any on-board flash of cameras of any make.

It can be tilted up and down, is strong enough as a bounce flash, it has three lenses, the normal inbuilt lens for everyday use, an inbuilt spring loaded wide angle reflector when not in use slides back into the housing and a clip-on telelens reflector good for at least 85mm. And let me tell you it works like a charm on the K-1 - right out of the box. So don't let the AAAs put you off.

Number of flashes:
approx. 100 with high-capacity alkaline-manganese batteries
approx. 110 with NiMH rechargeable batteries
approx. 160 with lithium batteries
The recycle time is approx. 3seconds. (Not bad)

And it works with these:
• 2 nickel-metal-hydride batteries 1.2V, (size AAA).
• 2 alkaline-manganese dry cell batteries 1.5V, (size AAA).
• 2 lithium batteries 1.5V, (size AAA)

If you have the K-1, go and get one - you won't regret it.

http://www.metz-mecatech.de/index.php?eID=tx_nawsecuredl&u=0&file=fileadmin/...0cc3d4ecf75b10

Page 82 for English

Cheers
Got my Metz 26AF-2 today, and as someone who mainly uses flash for fill, it is everything I hoped for and a lot more. I am trying to create a lightweight and diminutive kit for my K-1, and this flash fits that concept perfectly. It is so compact it can almost stay on the camera unnoticed, but it's capable too with the ability for angled shots and a pretty quick recharge. Personally I love it that it only requires two AAA batteries. What a beauty for $135. This is the Metz 26 profile in the "tucked" position:

Last edited by les3547; 10-03-2016 at 10:26 PM.
10-03-2016, 09:28 PM - 1 Like   #49
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by les3547 Quote
Got my Metz 26AF-2 today, and as someone who mainly uses flash for fill, it is everything I hoped for and a lot more. I am trying to create a lightweight and diminutive kit for my K-1, and this flash fits that concept perfectly. It is so compact it can almost stay on the camera unnoticed, but it's capable too with the ability for angled shots and a pretty quick recharge. Personally I love it that it only requires two AA batteries. What a beauty for $135. This is the Metz 26 profile in the "tucked" position:

Nice!

I decided to go the other route Pentax AF201FG - works with 2 AAA batteries. This flash is also very compact but doesn't support wireless PTTL (Slave) and LED. Instead it's WR and besides PTTL (and as proven by using V6 learning mode analog TTL) supports a simple manual mode. That was the entrance card to get it work with my Cactus V6 setup applying learning mode. Nice unit direct on camera and with the wireless radio triggered V6 setup. I'm also really happy.

I wrote down some words about the AF201FG at the bottom of this post - if you are interested.

So I think there are two nice compact solutions especially for Pentax K-3 II and K1 owners.